956 posts in this topic

If you have received your NOA2 or want to get an idea what is coming next there is a good discussion with helpful information found here:

Please come over and join us. Glad to have you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, KenandBina said:

Any Canadians here received their NOA2 yet? 

Better tool to use is go up to the blue ribbon, select "Immigration Timelines" and you'll be able to play around in the spreadsheet to answer your questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, uk32616 said:

Sorry for really over doing it on this forum today lol. But got another question, how accurate are the timeline estimates? I know it's just an 'estimate' only but mine has come up saying 26th of Feb and I can't help but be excited for it!! Was anyones estimate accurate or wildly off? :content:

Based on my experience, it's close and quick too which was not what I expected. First site estimate of NoA2 was 3rd week of Feb but when we received notif on Feb 1, site estimate showed 2nd week of Feb. Early NoA2 really surprised us because hubby-to-be did have some misdemeanor charges so thought we would get past this 2 or more months than everyone else or receive an RFE list as long as his arm. But as everyone here says, declare declare declare... even sent my BS and MS university transcripts lol.

So goodluck, hoping you get yours soon 🙏.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Imo34 said:

Based on my experience, it's close and quick too which was not what I expected. First site estimate of NoA2 was 3rd week of Feb but when we received notif on Feb 1, site estimate showed 2nd week of Feb.

It's not entirely clear how VJ calculates timeline estimates other than that they're based on what people report. But if processing times are going down (and they generally have been since summer of 2018), then it's more likely that you'll get things faster than the estimate; if they're going up (like they were in the first half of 2017), then the reverse is true.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, KenandBina said:

Any Canadians here received their NOA2 yet? 

I'm an October 4th filer, also with a fiance in Florida. I'm anxiously awaiting my NOA2 in a few weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Imo34 said:

Based on my experience, it's close and quick too which was not what I expected. First site estimate of NoA2 was 3rd week of Feb but when we received notif on Feb 1, site estimate showed 2nd week of Feb. Early NoA2 really surprised us because hubby-to-be did have some misdemeanor charges so thought we would get past this 2 or more months than everyone else or receive an RFE list as long as his arm. But as everyone here says, declare declare declare... even sent my BS and MS university transcripts lol.

So goodluck, hoping you get yours soon 🙏.

Thank you for this! We're in a similar situation, but we've reported everything possible so hopefully it doesn't slow us down too much ☺️

So, because i'm Upcountry in Vietnam for Tet, with not much to do.  I decided to look at the California Processing Center stats.

I was curious if there was a reason for the perceived quicking of the processing rate.

From June thru November,  the Processing Center received:

1100, 900, 700, 500, 350 and 239 K-1 petitions respectively. 

So there is a summer bulge that they worked thru, thus September filers are not far behind those who filed two months earlier. 

5 minutes ago, wxman22 said:

So, because i'm Upcountry in Vietnam for Tet, with not much to do.  I decided to look at the California Processing Center stats.

I was curious if there was a reason for the perceived quicking of the processing rate.

From June thru November,  the Processing Center received:

1100, 900, 700, 500, 350 and 239 K-1 petitions respectively. 

So there is a summer bulge that they worked thru, thus September filers are not far behind those who filed two months earlier. 

How did you find this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I checked this morning and we got our approval and also email from post office with picture of letter coming in the mail.  
Our first NOA was Sept 4th, 2018 and approved Feb 4th.    

image.png.c95ee7b3ec89cdbdc22707c56042f235.png

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

1 minute ago, queloque67 said:

I checked this morning and we got our approval and also email from post office with picture of letter coming in the mail.  
Our first NOA was Sept 4th, 2018 and approved Feb 4th.    

image.png.c95ee7b3ec89cdbdc22707c56042f235.png

Nice

11 hours ago, Damonlee said:

I'm an October 4th filer, also with a fiance in Florida. I'm anxiously awaiting my NOA2 in a few weeks!

Oh cool!!! You’re almost exactly one month behind. Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, KenandBina said:

Oh cool!!! You’re almost exactly one month behind. Good luck! 

October 1st here, also have a fiancee in Florida haha! So far it looks like NOA2s for us lot are only 2 weeks away! :D Hopefully most of you guys should get yours before then, sooner you guys get approved the sooner we do ;) 

51 minutes ago, MsNina said:

How did you find this?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Initially I was just looking at Vietnam since the country makes a big difference in the total timeline, but then realized for the NOA2, it's just a matter of the Processing center. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.