956 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ethanx said:

This might sound silly but I’m just wondering if the websites also shows RFE notification or just the approval of the case. 

Both sites will let you know of both an RFE or Approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, FaintSpartan said:

Both sites will let you know of both an RFE or Approval.

Thank you for taking time to answer! 😅 Hope it’s the approval soon tho and not RFE

Timeline

Hi all, I've been having a look on this site for a while but never had the guts to post. I received NOA1 in late September 2018. I see a lot of September people on here receiving NOA2 (yay!) but the USCIS processing page says it's processing from the end of June 2018, does this mean the cases they're currently giving NOA2 to? Please help a confused girl out lol

Filed: Other Timeline
22 minutes ago, uk32616 said:

Hi all, I've been having a look on this site for a while but never had the guts to post. I received NOA1 in late September 2018. I see a lot of September people on here receiving NOA2 (yay!) but the USCIS processing page says it's processing from the end of June 2018, does this mean the cases they're currently giving NOA2 to? Please help a confused girl out lol

Thats the limit date that determines if your case is in "normal" processing time. So if your date (example) would be June 15 and the date they show is June 21, then youre officially considered "out of normal" processing time and you can file a formal inquiry.

I hope that made sense lol

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

20 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Thats the limit date that determines if your case is in "normal" processing time. So if your date (example) would be June 15 and the date they show is June 21, then youre officially considered "out of normal" processing time and you can file a formal inquiry.

Oh okay great thank you! So it’s normal that others from September are receiving NOA2, and ours could be soon or could be in a few months? 

8 minutes ago, Uk1993 said:

Oh okay great thank you! So it’s normal that others from September are receiving NOA2, and ours could be soon or could be in a few months? 

Exactly. As long as youre in that timeframe you're in normal processing time and can be approved now or up to 7.5 months from your NOA1 date. Any time after that you would start inquiries, etc..

But chin up! Hopefully you get that NOA2 sooner than later!

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

14 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Exactly. As long as youre in that timeframe you're in normal processing time and can be approved now or up to 7.5 months from your NOA1 date. Any time after that you would start inquiries, etc..

But chin up! Hopefully you get that NOA2 sooner than later!

Thank you ☺️ Also congrats on your NOA2!

4 minutes ago, Uk1993 said:

No worries! Thank you so much!! ❤️

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
2 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

AH okay great, thank you ☺️ Getting excited now, hopefully we’ll be soon

2 hours ago, Uk1993 said:

Two more things you can do:

Update your timeline,  because the data here is dependent upon us users, and

Do a search based on beneficiary's country,  visa type K1, processing center. 

Then you'll have a better idea of what to expect when. 

Good luck

Timeline
1 hour ago, wxman22 said:

Two more things you can do:

Update your timeline,  because the data here is dependent upon us users, and

Do a search based on beneficiary's country,  visa type K1, processing center. 

Then you'll have a better idea of what to expect when. 

Good luck

Thanks for the advice! Just updated it :content:

Timeline

Sorry for really over doing it on this forum today lol. But got another question, how accurate are the timeline estimates? I know it's just an 'estimate' only but mine has come up saying 26th of Feb and I can't help but be excited for it!! Was anyones estimate accurate or wildly off? :content:

Timeline
1 hour ago, uk32616 said:

Sorry for really over doing it on this forum today lol. But got another question, how accurate are the timeline estimates? I know it's just an 'estimate' only but mine has come up saying 26th of Feb and I can't help but be excited for it!! Was anyones estimate accurate or wildly off? :content:

Fairly accurate. But it can very dependant on how many people are updating their timelines,  and where the beneficiary is from, how common your names are, any criminal or marital history etc. I've seen it be accurate to within a couple of weeks most of the time. It does not and cannot predict how long your background check will take, if something comes up, it could add an extra month to your wait. No way to truly know.  Rule of thumb imo is if you've done everything on the I-129F right to the best of your ability, and you've got no history that would flag up on their background checks etc etc, the timeline should be fairly accurate. It gets more accurate closer to the date I've seen. It also helps to see if others with the same NOA1 date as you are getting NOA2s/RFEs, chances are your application is also being looked at if that's the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.