Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex Lamarre said:

Trying to Register on the site http://www.ustraveldocs.com, I got this message, can someone help me with this?

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 10.58.52 AM.png

I do not believe you can register on the nvc site.  You can only give them your email and once you get the case number track it here.  

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html

this may help explain the process some but it is a little different for k1 visas.

3 minutes ago, BrianC said:

I do not believe you can register on the nvc site.  You can only give them your email and once you get the case number track it here.  

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

its not for NVC, its for scheduling the appointment...

3 hours ago, BrianC said:

thank you BrianC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 hours ago, V&R2018 said:

Hello everyone, 

I’m  currently filling the affidavit of support with my fiancé. I have two questions related to the form. 

DE5ED1F0-DBA9-4FF9-AB81-39E3DE8B4166.thumb.jpeg.61fdcfc26c5f17bdbda29e06b23764c4.jpeg

1. Is Question 26a referring to the beneficiary (me) in this process at this moment  or is about previous petitions ?

2. We are filling a second form I-134 for a co-sponsor, what is this person supposed to answer in question 38?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot 

1 hour ago, V&R2018 said:

1. Is Question 26a referring to the beneficiary (me) in this process at this moment or is about previous petitions ?

The I-134 is primarily for the petitioner and his/her information.  So the beneficiary's information goes in that set of blocks.

2. We are filling a second form I-134 for a co-sponsor, what is this person supposed to answer in question 38?

So this is for the co-sponsor by submitting this form and acting as the co-sponsor they need to commit to supporting beneficiary if the beneficiary does not have the where with all to be supported by the petitioner or that the beneficiary can support themselves. So the answer is "I intend".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, Alex Lamarre said:

Trying to Register on the site http://www.ustraveldocs.com, I got this message, can someone help me with this?

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 10.58.52 AM.png

This is something I was able to get from another member a few months back. What I notice right away it looks like you are on the wrong website to schedule the appointment. This is where you need to be ustraveldocs.com/do. Next be sure to follow the remainder of the instructions so that you do not have the same problems as the OP did. 

Since both medical exam providers  Consultorios de Visa and Servicios Médicos Consulares list the appointment sheet (Hoja de Cita)   as a prerequisite you must schedule your appointments on the ustraveldocs.com/do website.  In order to do that you need the DS-160 confirmation number.  

As stated in these forums be very VERY careful on creating your ustraveldocs (aka https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome)  profile.  I won't spout the whole rant about the website.  Be mindful of two caveats: 1) Type the email exactly as it is.  One small typo will cause you not to receive anything since the profile will be created without the system validating the email first.  2) Never create more that one profile just to check out website user interaction.  I did both mistakes and had to call ustraveldocs and request that all 3 profiles (the first I created, the one with the typo in the email and the one with the correct email) be merged since I used the same beneficiary's data.  The system checks that and won't let you pay and schedule your appointments.  VAC appointment is on the last week of August and Embassy in mid-September.  

Also, here are two links with additional information for processing your visa in the DR.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Oluwasegun said:

My country is Nigeria and from what i see from other Nigerians who went through this process the embassy notified them after they receive their package. Is there any site where is can see the step by step process to the Interview date. Thank you

Fiancé/Fiancée visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mailLagosIV@state.gov. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.”  (PDF 53KB) https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/Interview_Prep_Packet_K1-K3_SEP14.pdf

You don't need to make appointments for medicals in Nigeria. You need to wait to pay the visa fee (have the DS-160 confirmation page) and have the interview booked before you can go for medicals.  

Here is a recent couple who just finished their visa interview. These are some of the questions that were asked as well as the documents that were checked. Follow the Embassy instructions as to what to bring for the interview. You'll need all those documents in the event they are asked for.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Alex Lamarre said:

the embassy send the package to the beneficiary or the petitionary, by Email or by mailbox?

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b9Xxvd_YAgCenc65GwkdDDO5-3NytY3/view?usp=sharing

Your embassy will send you a P3 via email once your case is set to READY. Don't expect something from them for about 2 weeks after set to Ready.

Be sure NVC has your updated email for petitioner and beneficiary.

I highly recommend that you begin asking your DR questions over in the sub-forum for your country/region found here https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/ There is a lot of history for DR and lots of current threads discussing what needs to be done. Being here and asking someone from the Philippines or Germany or the UK is not going to be very fruitful because each Embassy is different.

8 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

To the beneficiary and by mail..

Each Embassy is different. Some will use snail mail others use email then there is a third mode and that is referring the beneficiary to the Embassy's website where the P3/check list of required documents is located.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

10 hours ago, BrianC said:

Nothing meeds to be done except signing up for the email notification so you know when you have a case number.  Once you get a case number you wait for them to send to the embassy and the embassy to send you a package.  

10 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

What’s the site for this?

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 hours ago, Edisela said:

Does having a student loan affect the affidavit support income being that your fiancé has a decent 2-3X over the poverty level income and a savings account? 

NO

Should he state he pays it every month and show proof of the loan and the payments?

Loans are not required to be listed in any of the documentations' that concern the visa process.

We don't want that to affect our visa approval. 

I don't think the "agent" and "pay fees" is applicable to fiancé visa. I read my embassy guidelines and it did not mention that for fiancé visa.

This is for the CR-1 and should be ignored if you are filing a K-1 visa.

After the NOA2, it moves to the NVC, then it's entered in their system I guess and we receive several number including the case number.

What makes/qualifies our package to be sent to the embassy? The mere fact that your K-1 was approved by USCIS. NVC's sole responsibility in this process is first, to make sure that all the "open" slots for visas for the current year have not been exhausted for your country, second to control the amount of visa's issued for a given month (spacing them out which is why some are at NVC longer then others) and thirdly, they have the task of assigning the case numbers.

Does the petitioner have to send anything to NVC? Nothing has to be sent to NVC except it is highly recommend that you update the petitioner's and the beneficiary's email address for any future correspondence. I have posted that information just a few posts above this one.

Or does it vary by embassy? Every Embassy is different in what or how they want you to proceed once they receive your case from NVC.

What actually does the NVC letter state? Your case number and a congratulatory speech. 

Please try and ask all your questions in one post that way we don't clog up the thread. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, Von1982 said:

Has anyone here heard, known, or been through the process of transferring from one embassy to another?

My fiancé is currently working in Dubai, where we initially planned on completing the K1 process. However, due to her expiring work visa, she is now scheduled to depart from Dubai to Manila. I have submitted a request via public inquiry, as I was advised to do by NVC rep over the phone, which at the same time received my Abu Dhabi case number. Will NVC issue us a different case number since I requested our case to be transferred to Manila, or will we use the same case number from this point forward?

If you wish to have your immigrant/fiancée visa file transferred from one Embassy to another U.S. Embassy/Consulate, please contact the appropriate U.S. Embassy/Consulate directly in the country where you wish to apply and follow their instructions for case transfer. Please click here for the full list of all U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas.

The old Embassy will need to receive a formal file transfer request from that U.S. Embassy/Consulate in the country where you wish to apply. Upon receipt of this request, they will immediately forward the file for the New Embassy to process.

Once you contact your New Embassy you then can discuss the transfer of your fee. Be sure to have your payment receipt available.

Please update your profile to reflect the new Embassy. Our answer to your questions will depend on the Embassy to which you will be processing through. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, HK&Samsoom said:

Hi Guys, 

I would like to thank everyone in advance for all the experience they are sharing here. It is quite helpful. 

We filed our K1 in late Feb this year and received our NOA1 on March, 1st. 

NOA2 received on Sep, 10th (on receipt  on 10th). Our file was at CSC.

We have been calling NVC on the non-immigrant line and up to yesterday (28/9) they are saying that our file was not received yet.

I have seen some guys here with NOA2 from 13/9 and their NVC case# already received.

Why later dates are received while earlier one wouldn't? Anybody with similar case?

Your calling the wrong people. You should be calling USCIS.  If your case hasn't been received by NVC within four weeks, it may be worth your time to try calling USCIS and getting to talk to a Tier 2 to see if your case has been mailed out.  Some of the Tier 1 people will tell you your case left on the day of your approval notice or that nothing can be done until it has been 90 days.  My understanding is that Tier 1 does not have access to when your case was actually mailed by USCIS.  If you run into a stubborn Tier 1 that doesn't want to let you talk to Tier 2, I would suggest hanging up and trying your luck calling again.  Hopefully you will get a Tier 1 that wants to help.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Your embassy will send you a P3 via email once your case is set to READY. Don't expect something from them for about 2 weeks after set to Ready.

Be sure NVC has your updated email for petitioner and beneficiary.

I highly recommend that you begin asking your DR questions over in the sub-forum for your country/region found here https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/ There is a lot of history for DR and lots of current threads discussing what needs to be done. Being here and asking someone from the Philippines or Germany or the UK is not going to be very fruitful because each Embassy is different.

Each Embassy is different. Some will use snail mail others use email then there is a third mode and that is referring the beneficiary to the Embassy's website where the P3/check list of required documents is located.

Thank you so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.