Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

I would like to thank everyone in advance for all the experience they are sharing here. It is quite helpful. 

We filed our K1 in late Feb this year and received our NOA1 on March, 1st. 

NOA2 received on Sep, 10th (on receipt  on 10th). Our file was at CSC.

We have been calling NVC on the non-immigrant line and up to yesterday (28/9) they are saying that our file was not received yet.

I have seen some guys here with NOA2 from 13/9 and their NVC case# already received.

Why later dates are received while earlier one wouldn't? Anybody with similar case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, HK&Samsoom said:

Hi Guys, 

I would like to thank everyone in advance for all the experience they are sharing here. It is quite helpful. 

We have been calling NVC on the non-immigrant line and up to yesterday (28/9) they are saying that our file was not received yet.

I have seen some guys here with NOA2 from 13/9 and their NVC case# already received.

Why later dates are received while earlier one wouldn't? Anybody with similar case?

Unfortunately, there aren't really any good explanations. All we can do is assume and hope that the people doing the work are doing the things they say. It is odd that your case has not been received yet at the NVC, but all you can really do is keep checking. My NOA2 was Sept. 5 and a few Sept. 4 got their numbers a few days before me. I thought I might receive the next day, but it wasn't the case. Just had to wait and try again. I have been able to get through with no wait when calling around 2300 Eastern. The other upside of calling at the end of the day rather than the first is you may call too early in the day before work has been done on your case. If you call at night, then if they worked on your case that day, you'll get the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
20 minutes ago, HK&Samsoom said:

Hi Guys, 

Our noa2 date is 13/9 and nvc hasnt received ours either though I’ve seen people with later dates who said their case was received.. so, I’m guessing it’s just a matter of luck again... Also, 3 weeks is pretty normal, too so try not to worry, I know it’s super annoying 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, HK&Samsoom said:

Hi Guys, 

My NOA2 is September 6th (but I didn't receive the hardcopy until September 10th). I called and got my NVC case number on September 27th, so as you can see, mine took about 3 weeks from the date of approval. Just add three weeks to your NOA2, or try calling next week on Wednesday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone here heard, known, or been through the process of transferring from one embassy to another?

My fiancé is currently working in Dubai, where we initially planned on completing the K1 process. However, due to her expiring work visa, she is now scheduled to depart from Dubai to Manila. I have submitted a request via public inquiry, as I was advised to do by NVC rep over the phone, which at the same time received my Abu Dhabi case number. Will NVC issue us a different case number since I requested our case to be transferred to Manila, or will we use the same case number from this point forward?

Timeline

@dkmfan85 @brigimigi @Von1982 Thank you for replying. Will call and email them on coming Monday hoping to get good news :)

------------------

Do both. My NOA 2 was Sept 14, hardcopy Sept 21. Yesterday just past midnight I've got an email from NVC saying they still had not received my case. I called later in the evening and they had my NVC number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys.... this coming mid-week will be 3 weeks waiting for case number. I'm now thinking I better ask what will be needed (in general!) for the DS-160. We plan on filling it out together while video chatting. Hopefully I can log out and save session and he can log in and sign his name or something like that.

Anyhow....  I'm sorry if you have given this information 1,000 times before, but what sort of "paperwork" will we need besides the basic Birth Dates, Passport Numbers, Home Addresses, Current Work Address, Phone Numbers, etc....

Is there something I should be tracking down right now to have in front of us while we fill out the DS-160?

As far as all the paperwork for Embassy goes (is this called Packet 3?? - so confused), we are getting all of that together little by little.  I want it to be current so its a bit of a juggle.

Really, I'm just wondering about filling out the DS-160. Will we need anything specific or should we be able to fill it out and complete it with what we all normally have on hand...

Thanks so much!

Tina and Mahmut

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Von1982 said:

Has anyone here heard, known, or been through the process of transferring from one embassy to another?

My fiancé is currently working in Dubai, where we initially planned on completing the K1 process. However, due to her expiring work visa, she is now scheduled to depart from Dubai to Manila. I have submitted a request via public inquiry, as I was advised to do by NVC rep over the phone, which at the same time received my Abu Dhabi case number. Will NVC issue us a different case number since I requested our case to be transferred to Manila, or will we use the same case number from this point forward?

Many people assigned initially to the Moscow embassy do this because the embassy is so damn slow there for some reason and can save up to two months if the couple is willing to do some traveling to a nearby country. It's a gamble trying to catch the case at the NVC. Some people have been able to request the change while their case is at the NVC. If you're unlucky there, you must wait until the case reaches its assigned embassy and then contact first the embassy you wish to transfer to to authorize the transfer, and then the assigned embassy to send it to the new one. It can take some time to do this. Just make sure not to pay the visa fees for the assigned embassy or fill out the DS160 for the embassy as you will have to do it all over again for the newly assigned embassy.

Timeline
5 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Hey guys.... this coming mid-week will be 3 weeks waiting for case number. I'm now thinking I better ask what will be needed (in general!) for the DS-160. We plan on filling it out together while video chatting. Hopefully I can log out and save session and he can log in and sign his name or something like that.

Anyhow....  I'm sorry if you have given this information 1,000 times before, but what sort of "paperwork" will we need besides the basic Birth Dates, Passport Numbers, Home Addresses, Current Work Address, Phone Numbers, etc....

Is there something I should be tracking down right now to have in front of us while we fill out the DS-160?

As far as all the paperwork for Embassy goes (is this called Packet 3?? - so confused), we are getting all of that together little by little.  I want it to be current so its a bit of a juggle.

Really, I'm just wondering about filling out the DS-160. Will we need anything specific or should we be able to fill it out and complete it with what we all normally have on hand...

Thanks so much!

Tina and Mahmut

It's country dependent, so you may get questions or not have questions that others have. A lot of it is the same as the I-129f. You may need your education history, work history, names, places and dates of birth for parents, contact info, passport info etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Got my email inactivity email today lol... I have my NOA2 hard copy and just waiting for my case number but I thought this was funny...USCIS get your sh*T together175841379_ScreenShot2018-09-29at8_43_57PM.thumb.png.de372da504cd1944f8eb0f4f26c41422.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

It's country dependent, so you may get questions or not have questions that others have. A lot of it is the same as the I-129f. You may need your education history, work history, names, places and dates of birth for parents, contact info, passport info etc.

Alright, so employment history for both of us ? 

That won't be a problem.

Seems pretty much we don't need any crazy paperwork then ?

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Timeline
27 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Alright, so employment history for both of us ? 

That won't be a problem.

Seems pretty much we don't need any crazy paperwork then ?

Just for the beneficiary. Most of the stuff on the DS160 focuses on them, not the petitioner. This is the application for the beneficiary's visa. That other info is on the I-129f that is sent to the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.