Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

So we received our case number on the 20th and no we're just waiting for it to be ready to we can schedule our interview. But I wanted to ask you guys if I can start filling out the DS-160 as of now and saving it, then only submit it after my case is ready or can already submit it now? Or do you guys suggest that I take a different approach?

Thank you and im sorry if this has already been asked.

Yup. Been asked. Here is information that I have given you in the past. Please make your life easier and read through the materials and go to the sub-forum for your region (first link) and also use the thread where others are helping each other out (see last link).

You should become familiar with your country's sub-forum here on VJ to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil.  Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

This is the Packet 3 (P3) letter from your Embassy.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

There is a lot of information on the Embassy for Brazil here https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/frequently-asked-questions-non-immigrant-visas/

A thread were a lot of chatter about the process for the Brazil Embassy and interview

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679652-nvc-to-interview-in-rio-brazil/?page=10

Here is the answer to your question:

There is no expiration date but there is a date that it must be completed by and that is the interview. Most Embassy's don't care when it gets done but the Japanese Embassy requires it to be completed as part of the preparation paperwork that is returned to that Embassy. That's what is tricky. If you're in a thread like this one, where everyone is from different country's which has different requirements then you could get the wrong answer. So it's best to go to the sub-forum for your country. Go to the top of this page. Choose the "forum" tab and then scroll 3/4 of the way down the page to see country specific sub-forums.

The DS - 160 is a document that stands on its own. It does not affect anything. It does not need to be finished to do anything else but needs to be completed for the interview and it can be completed between now and the day before your interview. You can't use it to find any information about your case. You can't use if for anything other than for its original intent and that is for the CO to use during your interview to adjudicate your case.

Here is my advice. As a couple you work together answering the questions. Once you are complete and you believe it's ready STOP! Now, each of you look through the copy that is ready to be submitted. Look for blanks or unanswered questions, look for spelling errors and look at dates. Once BOTH are satisfied then the beneficiary is the one to take the oath and submit the document in their country

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, KBA said:

Yes, the “renowned” member is me...lol. 460 days for NOA2 😵

Congratulations. In comparison to others here who complain that their at day 200 and want something done now, you have really persevered. My hat is tipped to your tenacity. Not many would have lasted as long as you. Welcome to the thread and if we can help bring you up to speed please ask. There are many here that would gladly share their experiences with current regulations and processes. Here's wishing you wind in your sails for a smooth journey from here on out. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. In comparison to others here who complain that their at day 200 and want something done now, you have really persevered. My hat is tipped to your tenacity. Not many would have lasted as long as you. Welcome to the thread and if we can help bring you up to speed please ask. There are many here that would gladly share their experiences with current regulations and processes. Here's wishing you wind in your sails for a smooth journey from here on out. :thumbs:

Thank you! Believe me, this has not been easy and at time truly spirit crushing...but my fiancé and I were determined to persevere! 😎

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Just  got off the phone with the NVC and received my case number. There was no wait at this time tonight or last Thursday when I tried, also at 11PM Eastern. My NOA2 date was Sept. 5th like many other who have reported today. ☺️ Congratulations to all who got theirs today and good luck to those who are so close and still waiting!

We got ours today also. Our noa2 was September 7. Can't wait for it to get ready 💁🏽‍♀️

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Don't count on it being sent to the Embassy soon as they are under a new systems where batches of cases go out every other week. Next date is 10/3.

Thanks for your info.

Where do I find the dates NVC sends batches of cases?

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER)

12/21/2020: Mailed I-751 

12/30/2020: Case received YSC 

2/4/2021: Check cashed 

2/6/2021: NOA1 received 

Timeline
8 hours ago, KBA said:

How long is it taking now from NOA2 to NVC? How long is everyone waiting before they call? Sorry, I’m a bit behind and things have changed a bit since I started this process! 

The whole process from NOA2 until NVC sends your documents to your designated embassy takes about a month, but there is no guarantee, each case is individual. Normally people wait around 10 business days and then start calling. I waited longer , like 20 days before I called. Some people don't even call, they just update their email, which is even faster because you don't have to be on the line for ages with NVC.  

Hope that helps :) 

Noa1 old website: 27th of February

Noa1 new website: 2nd of March

Noa2: 05.09.2018

NVC case number assigned: 24.09.2018

NVC READY: 06.11.2018

Interview at Warsaw embassy: 08.11.2018

In the USA: 21.11.2018

6 hours ago, vinnie&andy said:

Thanks for your info.

Where do I find the dates NVC sends batches of cases?

Well, the next batch is scheduled (if this holds true and NVC hasn't change their SOP) to leave on 10/3 so if every other week on leaves then add two weeks to that day and then you know the dates. Nothing concerning this process has been printed so it's just us folks who have seen a pattern here over the last 2 months. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Olisant said:

Hi everyone happy to join September thread I need help on what to do next and what is contained in packet3

Good luck every one

Since you didn't say what Embassy and many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, MauiandMoana said:

We got ours today also. Our noa2 was September 7. Can't wait for it to get ready 💁🏽‍♀️

For the Philippines you don't have to wait for your case to be set to "ready". You can get started now. Here are the details you need to start.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

For the Philippines you don't have to wait for your case to be set to "ready". You can get started now. Here are the details you need to start.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Thanks a lot. I am really confused cos some people said that I should wait for my MCN to be ready. But this one helps though. I'll take time to read it all. 

8 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

Just  got off the phone with the NVC and received my case number. There was no wait at this time tonight or last Thursday when I tried, also at 11PM Eastern. My NOA2 date was Sept. 5th like many other who have reported today. ☺️ Congratulations to all who got theirs today and good luck to those who are so close and still waiting!

Congratulations. Now you are a little more in control on what happens next. This is all I have for Russia and you may have more. Does Russia use more than one Embassy to process visas? If you get a P3 letter from the Embassy if you would be so kind as to share I can use it for others who come behind you. Good luck.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-iv-typek.asp

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, MauiandMoana said:

Thanks a lot. I am really confused cos some people said that I should wait for my MCN to be ready. But this one helps though. I'll take time to read it all. 

We have been helping Filipino's for many years to speed the process for a visa at USEM. We have all the short cuts, links and steps figured out. So if you want this to be smooth follow what we offer. You could be on a plane in less then 30 days if you are trying to get there fast. Otherwise, follow what others tell you and you could be there in 30-60 days if not more if you make a mistake. Just some advice.

BTW your case number should start with MNL if you are processing through Manila as your profile clearly shows.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

We have been helping Filipino's for many years to speed the process for a visa at USEM. We have all the short cuts, links and steps figured out. So if you want this to be smooth follow what we offer. You could be on a plane in less then 30 days if you are trying to get there fast. Otherwise, follow what others tell you and you could be there in 30-60 days if not more if you make a mistake. Just some advice.

BTW your case number should start with MNL if you are processing through Manila as your profile clearly shows.

Yes sir. I appreciate it though. And Yes my embassy is in Manila and my Manila case number starts in MNL. But wait do I need to wait for my MCN (Manila case number) to be in transit to do the medical or I'm good to go though? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.