Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

So my status says "ready" for me to schedule an interview at the Montreal US consulate! We still need to wait for the packets correct? and when do we need to pay the fees?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Also I don’t know if I got this wrong but I thought I was supposed to receive a P3 or something like that from the embassy. I’ve had nothing, I only knew it was ready from the CEAC site. So if anyone is waiting for this from London then don’t.

Also top tip for everyone, when you have your second interview if you look at your file pack next to the interviewer it should say “welcome to the United States” with your number. If you see this then you’ve near enough been approved, they’ve already printed out the outcome. 

8 minutes ago, datnukkahd said:

So my status says "ready" for me to schedule an interview at the Montreal US consulate! We still need to wait for the packets correct? and when do we need to pay the fees?

No you have to wait for the P3 from the Embassy. Here is some info that will help you.

For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the sub-forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actually one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 minutes ago, Travel Munkis said:

I got denied... JOKES I’M APPROVED! 🌟 

As everyone says, as long as you have the correct paperwork and you’re in a real relationship then it’s really straight forward. It was harder to get my work visa back in 2015. Their new embassy is so cool, it’s like something out of Doctor Who. Everyone is so lovely. I was in and out in an hour, easy peasy!

Wierdly it was exactly 32 weeks (8 months) today that we first sent it the paperwork. 

Good luck everyone ♥️

Yaaaaay I’m so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!! 

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

:thumbs: Your good to go except one question; did you get the Flu vaccination?

When does the flu season start for purposes of the seasonal flu vaccine requirement? Since the seasonal flu vaccine is required, do I have to get the seasonal flu vaccine if it is not the flu season? 

A.  For purposes of the immigration medical examination, the flu season starts on October 1 and ends on March 31 each year. If your immigration medical examination is during this period, you are required to have the seasonal flu vaccine. If you have an immigration medical examination completed between April 1 and September 30, when it is not the flu season for immigration purposes, you are not required to document that you have received the seasonal flu vaccine.

From <http://www.immunizationforimmigration.com/>

Yes I got the flu shot!!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER)

12/21/2020: Mailed I-751 

12/30/2020: Case received YSC 

2/4/2021: Check cashed 

2/6/2021: NOA1 received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Ay dios mio...

It's been months of waiting (I this is just the beginning).... and I get this beautiful message!! *See Attachment*

They don't even offer an appointment date next month, in 2 months or 3 months. Just "no appointments available". 🤯

I downloaded the AutoRefresh extension for Chrome and I'm just waiting to see what happens. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 12.50.55 PM.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Greenbaum Does it matter what kind of letter I receive from NVC as long as the letter shows our MNL case #? Or is there specific letter or contents of the letter that SLEC is looking for? Thank you for all you do here for us who are in need of help. 

2 hours ago, Von1982 said:

@Greenbaum Does it matter what kind of letter I receive from NVC as long as the letter shows our MNL case #? Or is there specific letter or contents of the letter that SLEC is looking for? Thank you for all you do here for us who are in need of help. 

As long as the letter shows your MNL case # that's what SLEC is looking for.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

To anyone who have had their interviews at the London Embassy did you receive any other emails or letters other than the ones below. Also do I need to do anything else or just print everything off and bring with me along with all the other paperwork? I’m just confused about P3 and P4 as it doesn’t state it.

DS-160 confirmation

Visa Fee payment confirmation 

and the following;

71DA57FB-0EBA-4049-8FE7-2FA596F8DB31.jpeg

DCE1F610-63DF-4F10-875A-C006DA31BA69.png

To the people who already filled out the DS-160 form:

"Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?"

Did you answer yes or no?

The K1 is a nonimmigrant visa, so technically it is no right?

Probably a very stupid question :D 

6 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

To anyone who have had their interviews at the London Embassy did you receive any other emails or letters other than the ones below. Also do I need to do anything else or just print everything off and bring with me along with all the other paperwork? I’m just confused about P3 and P4 as it doesn’t state it.

DS-160 confirmation

Visa Fee payment confirmation 

and the following;

71DA57FB-0EBA-4049-8FE7-2FA596F8DB31.jpeg

DCE1F610-63DF-4F10-875A-C006DA31BA69.png

No, just print DS-160 and your set.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.