Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hey guys, I was going over the petition that our attorney filled out and got a little worried. She filled out the biographic information (page 9 part 4) with my information instead of my fiancees. I just stumbled upon this by chance while reading up on some stuff. Our difference on that is our weight, height and eye color. USCIS probably caught on to this and approved us anyways I guess.

My question is, does anyone know if this can affect us during the interview or further down the process?

Thanks,

It will not have an affect on your process. You could send an email to the Embassy prior to your interview with the correct information or update your record at the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, gkz123 said:

Hi! Not quite sure where to post this question, but wanted to throw it out there to put my mind at ease:

On the DS-160 in the section where it asks for the address where the foreign fiance will be staying in the US, I told my fiance to put my current home address because we will live together when he gets to the US. In our original i-129f submission, we put my parent's home address in the part where it asks where the foreign fiance will be staying. Is this discrepancy a problem? I didn't have my own house until a few months ago so that's why the address what different on the original form. I figured that if this was brought up in the interview it could easily be explained. Am I right for thinking this or should we put the address on our original i-129f form for consistency's sake even though my fiance has no intention of staying at my parents'?

I'm pretty sure honesty is key here but thanks in advance for any help. 

It's very logical that over the course of some +6 months that your record is being adjudicated that one would move. So it is natural that you would list on any new documents the new address. Embassy personnel understand this. You'll be fine with what you are doing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

She is correct. But your final approval won't be until such time that the Embassy receives your completed medical. Please do not make flight arrangements till you have your visa in your hands.

Oh don't worry, I won't book any flights without my visa, I was just stressed that I might get turned away at the consulate for not having the completed medical report.

All in all, I'm happy I managed to get the October interview date rather than having to wait till the end of next month for an interview, I might now have a shot at being with my fiancee and her family for Thanksgiving, so I will be giving thanks for that. 😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You're way above what is needed. You're going to be just fine with that amount.

ok. Thank you I know I can always count on you!!!!

Hi all, it's a bit of a long one but would greatly appreciate any input/opinion that anyone has on this. 

So London embassy requires a police certificate for every country you've lived in for more than 6 months since turning 16. I left China last year and obtained a police certificate. Here's what state website says for China and police certs:

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. 

I do have a police certificate from the Chinese city's local PSB that I lived in, however, I DO NOT have it notarised at an office as it states above. When I got this certificate early last year when I left China for good, we were not thinking of the k1 at all, so it never occurred to us to get it notarised, and the police certificate itself was so hard to get in the first place... it would be next to impossible now to try get it notarised in China as its asking above. I've gotten it officially translated here in England.

I'm so worried this is going to cause problems at interview or if it's fine and it'll be enough...don't know if I'm overthinking it. :( 

Filed & Mailed I-129f:                           13th Feb. 2018

Packet Delivered:                                  16th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Text & Email:                               20th Feb. 2018

NOA1 Hard copy Received:                  24th Feb. 2018

12 hours ago, Alex Lamarre said:

Hello all,
Its mandatory to have Police certificates from all country I lived or just the current country of residence? (its been 9 years). do they ask for in the interview?

just the beneficiary, if your fiance have just live in dominican republic he can get it online and in just two minutes!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

now i have a question does the certificate report expire for the interview..Maybe i will have interview at the end of december and i got mine yesterday...should i be concerned?

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

16 minutes ago, lotusflower16 said:

Hi all, it's a bit of a long one but would greatly appreciate any input/opinion that anyone has on this. 

So London embassy requires a police certificate for every country you've lived in for more than 6 months since turning 16. I left China last year and obtained a police certificate. Here's what state website says for China and police certs:

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. 

I do have a police certificate from the Chinese city's local PSB that I lived in, however, I DO NOT have it notarised at an office as it states above. When I got this certificate early last year when I left China for good, we were not thinking of the k1 at all, so it never occurred to us to get it notarised, and the police certificate itself was so hard to get in the first place... it would be next to impossible now to try get it notarised in China as its asking above. I've gotten it officially translated here in England.

I'm so worried this is going to cause problems at interview or if it's fine and it'll be enough...don't know if I'm overthinking it. :( 

Can you try the Chinese embassy in London and see if they can notarize? If they cant, don't stress, you will be fine with what you have. 

Timeline

Hello everyone , I tried booking appointment for my interview but the consulate in my country is saying there is no available date for booking at the moment and I heard from people who already got interview dates that they got February so this is where I'm getting scare because my NOA2 approval will expire in January 26 2019 and by the time the embassy will release the appointment dates I don't think I can get a date earlier than January, some people are saying maybe march so what do I do if I don't get interviewed before my NOA2 expires? Thank you

FYI my country is Nigeria And I have fellow Nigerian on this platform with the same issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Oluwasegun said:

Hello everyone , I tried booking appointment for my interview but the consulate in my country is saying there is no available date for booking at the moment and I heard from people who already got interview dates that they got February so this is where I'm getting scare because my NOA2 approval will expire in January 26 2019 and by the time the embassy will release the appointment dates I don't think I can get a date earlier than January, some people are saying maybe march so what do I do if I don't get interviewed before my NOA2 expires? Thank you

FYI my country is Nigeria And I have fellow Nigerian on this platform with the same issue.

If u read back a page or 2 u will find ur answer as @Greenbaum has already addressed this issue

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
15 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

If u read back a page or 2 u will find ur answer as @Greenbaum has already addressed this issue

Thank so much @BJ & Christine I got the info but my question now is in a worst case situation, in the event that one couldn't book appointment before the noa2 expiration date what is the way out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It will not have an affect on your process. You could send an email to the Embassy prior to your interview with the correct information or update your record at the interview.

Thank you for your response! I'll update at the interview then.

I created a post on this but didn't get a single reply so let me ask you here if you don't mind, AND anyone else if welcomed to chime in. So you're familiar with how our attorney messed up on out petition (like just now with this biographic info). But she also messed up in the i-134. Like she put white out on some parts and filled in my financees income incorrectly. So we're pretty much fed up with them at this point. 

So my question is, can we fill out the i-134 ourselves and ditch the one she filled out along with her form g-28? Bc my fiancee and I are more then capable of doing this ourselves. She just did it for us bc we had already paid for it as part of the contract we signed in the beginning of the petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.