PedroYRosa

Need advice for K1 or CR1

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to What Visa Do I need, from K1 P&P- The OP has not started any process yet.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 minutes ago, BRENTWOOD said:

Please I recommend meet in person first .... I am impressed you are already on visajourney, but this is not the priority I think the priority should be waiting for a relationship to blossom. Nothing takes romance out of the relationship than involving the headache of immigration right at the get go. Just enjoy each others company have an amazing visit and THEN pursue if you want to go down the long, complicated path of immigration. It is 100% possibile, but how can you know for 100% guarantee that you want to spend your entire life with someone yet. Just wait and let it naturally progress. These are the fun times! Also if you are very serious about each other after your visit I recommend not doing K1 as this becomes very difficult on the beneficiary. The marriage route is much easier and a quicker, cheaper route to a green card. Good luck! and have fun! The beginning stages of a relationship are so so much fun! But don't rush into anything and know all your options :)

5 minutes ago, BRENTWOOD said:

Please I recommend meet in person first .... I am impressed you are already on visajourney, but this is not the priority I think the priority should be waiting for a relationship to blossom. Nothing takes romance out of the relationship than involving the headache of immigration right at the get go. Just enjoy each others company have an amazing visit and THEN pursue if you want to go down the long, complicated path of immigration. It is 100% possibile, but how can you know for 100% guarantee that you want to spend your entire life with someone yet. Just wait and let it naturally progress. These are the fun times! Also if you are very serious about each other after your visit I recommend not doing K1 as this becomes very difficult on the beneficiary. The marriage route is much easier and a quicker, cheaper route to a green card. Good luck! and have fun! The beginning stages of a relationship are so so much fun! But don't rush into anything and know all your options :)

Hello! Thanks for your advice, but I'm not rushed in absolutely, I just raised here things that he has consulted me in case the relationship works, I went through this process and I know how stressful it is ... It's just a suggestion to use in the future IF IT WORKS! Thank you ...

Just now, PedroYRosa said:

Hello! Thanks for your advice, but I'm not rushed in absolutely, I just raised here things that he has consulted me in case the relationship works, I went through this process and I know how stress
1 minute ago, PedroYRosa said:

Wishing you the best of luck! Enjoy :) Hope you have an incredible visit

1 hour ago, PedroYRosa said:

I think that if my comment had been placed in a Caribbean forum everyone would understand me perfectly!

Well i am the USC and i didn't send money to my husband in the DR, nor were we asked for money receipts. At the interview the only thing the IO asked to see was a few photos.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Back to your original question though.  The main advantage that the K1 has is that historically it has been as much faster route to uniting in the USA as compared to the CR1.  But in the current climate, the time difference is almost negligible.  So when you compare that to the advantages of the CR1 previously mentioned, I think that the CR1 is the best route by far.

7 minutes ago, web2nala said:

Back to your original question though.  The main advantage that the K1 has is that historically it has been as much faster route to uniting in the USA as compared to the CR1.  But in the current climate, the time difference is almost negligible.  So when you compare that to the advantages of the CR1 previously mentioned, I think that the CR1 is the best route by far.

With the suggestions that you guys have given me I think it's the best, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.