LoveTakesOver

K1 Visa Approved! Pending Medical Exam. Need Advice please.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I'm sorry, but that is wishful thinking. They would not do sputum culture testing unless they found something on the other tests. That's just not how the process works. PPs are supported by the CDC and bound by their procedures, so they don't just add in unnecessary tests.

Now I'm not suggesting in any way they have TB...it's probably going to come back negative. But there is a chance of it coming back positive and one should be prepared.

We know the reason why he has to do the sputum test. The reason has nothing to do with X-rays and such test but it is still within CDC regulations, that’s why I said unless someone does their tactful research. 

I haven’t read anything in any other forum about our case except topics I read  about sputum test was all about mostly in the Philippines in which they do the normal guidelines for TB test. 

Edited by LoveTakesOver

Filed: Other Timeline

Had you not prematurely made wedding plans, the delay would not be a crisis.  You mow need to mitigate your losses in the event there is an additional delay.

Even if it not TB, we do not need an unhealthy person being brought into the US,  There is obviously a concern; you primary issue should be making sure that your fiance is treated at the earliest opportunity for whatever problem is detected.  If there is none,  say a special thank you prayer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé received the first negative  result of the sputum on August 31st. Do the results come in 3 different days since he had to undergo 3 days of sputum test? This is the part I don’t really get.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, KozmicBlues said:

Also...I can totally relate. We planned our wedding with a 3-4 month buffer beyond the expected approval time, but sure enough - we ended up having to cancel the original wedding plan because of delays with the K1. Luckily we hadn't booked flights yet, but had put a deposit down on a wedding venue and it was heartbreaking to cancel everything. It all worked out for the best in the end and my husband is here now, it was all worth it!

What I'm trying to say is... it's impossible to predict the immigration process or rely on any estimates/expectations/etc. Plan for the worst, hope for the best is my best advice to anyone going through the process! :) 

This is inspiring. I just found out today that my fiance has to wait 6-8 weeks for the sputum results. We had just settled on a wedding date for Nov 2, that's gotta change now. I am just going to wait until he has the visa in hand before I plan anything. I will bank on the 8 weeks and hope for a sooner result. Either way it's still a waiting game of which we have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.