HUSGLY

review and feedback

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

currently i m waiting for NOA 2 after k1 petition(129f) my fiancee the US petitioner is 10 years older then me .i am 32 and she is 42 and divorced with a kid .

i am from India and i am Muslim .I am living in UAE and will do my interview in US embassy ABUDABHI.

our relationship is 2 years old and we met twice and going to meet 3 time soon. our family knows anout our relationship and she talkd with my mom too.

what could be the difficulties in our case specially during interview.

feed back will be appreciated.

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, HUSGLY said:

What about age and religious factors? Do you think it’s normal for k1 .

My wife is 12 years younger (but we are older then many), she is Catholic and I am just spiritual).  BTw, I've been divorced once, widowed once, and I know that this 3rd time is a charm!

13 hours ago, Highmystic said:

My wife is 12 years younger (but we are older then many), she is Catholic and I am just spiritual).  BTw, I've been divorced once, widowed once, and I know that this 3rd time is a charm!

Wife or fiancee??? Be careful with using those two interchangeably for K1 process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Catherine36 said:

Wife or fiancee??? Be careful with using those two interchangeably for K1 process.

For me, she is my wife, not fiancée.  I never refereed to her as a fiancée after marriage.

Sir 

I appreciate your feedback 

my concern is about my ongoing k1 petition and what could be difficulties during k1 fiancé visa interview 

thanks 

10 hours ago, Highmystic said:

For me, she is my wife, not fiancée.  I never refereed to her as a fiancée after marriage.

Since this was a post on the K1 forum [pre marriage] and I didnt know you are married, hence, my response. 

3 hours ago, HUSGLY said:

Sir 

I appreciate your feedback 

my concern is about my ongoing k1 petition and what could be difficulties during k1 fiancé visa interview 

thanks 

Husgly,

In this day and age, differences in ages is not so much of a barrier when you can show or proof the feelings are mutual and your relationship can endure the age gap. As for your religious upbringing and current practices, be truthful. Speak succintly about how you and your partner have chosen to broach that subject matter: respect, open mind, mindfulness...raising kids [if appropriate] with different religious views/upbringing. 

Best wishes,

Catherine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am 10 years older than my fiancé who is Pakistani. I have a child and I am not Muslim. Our K1 was just denied.  We had 2 trips together and I skyped with multiple family members. But I never met his family in person or visited Pakistan.  Thanks to the guidance of this community I am planning a trip to Pakistan and we are all very excited.  Unfortunately I do think age differences are judged more harshly when the woman is older.  If it is possible for her to meet some of your family on her next visit, this is very important.  Best of luck!

hey

i am sorry .hope it will be fine and you both will be together.

i just want to know how you both met in person and what what was the concern of CO during interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, HUSGLY said:

hey

i am sorry .hope it will be fine and you both will be together.

i just want to know how you both met in person and what what was the concern of CO during interview.

It might be easiest to read my story here. Some of the advice given would probably apply to your situation too. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will also highly appreciate feedback on our red flags and which of them, if any, require specific attention. 

What I am worried about, is:

- short courtship of 7.5 months (Nov 2017 - June 2018) overlapping my marriage by 4.5 months (final divorce decree in March, filed I-129F on 06.29.18) 

- age gap of 17 years (him 63, me 46)

- several marriages on his side, final divorce 2+ years ago from a Russian lady who came on tourist visa, married and applied for AoS

- 1st face time together while me still formally married

To tackle possible red flags we have:

+ same background, language, religion and level of education (both from the same city in Ukraine, him a naturalized USC)

+ first met in person ages ago in Ukraine through my mom, dated in early 90s, then split, married, moved etc

+ estranged from my ex for 2.5 years before courtship

+  2 face times together before filing, both carefully substantiated with photos (with my mom, kids and his friends)

+ once both legally free to marry, filed a frontloaded petition with 20 something photos, tickets, boarding passes, passport stamps, travel itineraries, proof of ongoing daily communication, detailed how we met letter and proof of mutual presents/shared travel expenses to show equal commitment from both sides

+ 2 more scheduled face times in between NOA1 and hopefully NOA2 (my family, his family, friends, will have photo proof)

+ fiance joining me and my K2 kid for the interview

What do you think we shall pay attention to and what else can we do about it? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.