TBoneTX

I-751 March 2017 Filers, Part II

280 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, liz&javier said:

I submitted my I-751 on May 8, 2017 and when I look up the case status, it shows the last update as May 11, 2017!?!?! Why is it taking so long? I've seen others around the same date that have been approved. Should I start to worry?

I dont think so. I found there was member's case transferred to NBC on the same date, but her case was approved nearly one month earlier, so please dont be pressuring yourself. We can make it!!!!

On 9/15/2018 at 6:43 PM, Y3+E said:

We received approval two days after we called a Tier 2 officer.  When we called, the initial agent to answer the phone did some research and he said that something did not appear to be right, i.e., our case had been returned to storage.  (We had three applicants who submitted biometrics information in May 2017.  One of our applicants was ask to redo the biometrics appointment in May of this year, and we believed that this was the last hurdle.)   So, in our case, yes calling helped to nudge the approval across the finish line.  

Hi Did you receive the approval letter or the actual greencard?

IF yes, could you tell me how many days you get it after case approved

Thanks so much

3 hours ago, KMENDLESS said:

Hi Did you receive the approval letter or the actual greencard?

IF yes, could you tell me how many days you get it after case approved

Thanks so much

Hi,

Card was approved status on Tuesday, 9/11

New Card is Being Produced status on Tuesday, 9/11

Card Was Mailed to Me status on Friday, 9/14

Three Approval Letters received in mailbox on Saturday, 9/15

Two Green Cards (Mother and daughter) received on Monday, 9/17    

We are missing one green card 😞

Edited by Y3+E
typo

9 minutes ago, Y3+E said:

Hi,

HMMM, I am so sorry to hear that, but hang in there, got approval anyway.

My status hasnt changed yet. Hope I can get the card with no accident.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

Just to give everyone an update about my case. I had my oath ceremony on September-4 and finally done with this process. I filed for naturalization with a pending I-751 in March-2018. I never received my 10 year GC but who cares Lolllzzzz. You all were very helpful throughout this journey. I am praying for all of you. Best wishes 

15 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Just to give everyone an update about my case. I had my oath ceremony on September-4 and finally done with this process. I filed for naturalization with a pending I-751 in March-2018. I never received my 10 year GC but who cares Lolllzzzz. You all were very helpful throughout this journey. I am praying for all of you. Best wishes 

Still no update for 751

On 9/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, KMENDLESS said:

I dont think so. I found there was member's case transferred to NBC on the same date, but her case was approved nearly one month earlier, so please dont be pressuring yourself. We can make it!!!!

I did receive a letter extending the date for 18 more months. I just feel like it's taking too long

On 9/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, Y3+E said:

Hi,

Hi, do we need signature when we get the green card mail? Or they just leave in mail box? 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, Name O Boy said:

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting for my GC 🙈 but hey that is nothing new lol.  I probably hear something in the new year 😅

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: Timeline
On 9/19/2018 at 5:35 PM, liz&javier said:

I submitted my I-751 on May 8, 2017 and when I look up the case status, it shows the last update as May 11, 2017!?!?! Why is it taking so long? I've seen others around the same date that have been approved. Should I start to worry?

We filed March 20 2017 . Still nothing. 

56 minutes ago, Biggestmistake said:

We filed March 20 2017 . Still nothing. 

38 minutes ago, Didier Drogba said:

Same

It's a long wait, hang in there! 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

12 hours ago, KMENDLESS said:

Hi, do we need signature when we get the green card mail? Or they just leave in mail box? 

No signature required.  Comes in a paper envelope, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, with a red and white border.  

One green card envelope was left in our mailbox; a second green card envelope was left at our front door.

Edited by Y3+E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.