shan1

Interview rescheduling for Parents due to Medical Exam

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJ Friends, 

I hope everybody is fine. I need your help and advise regarding interview rescheduling for my Dad's immigrant visa interview. 

My my mom and Dad's interviews were scheduled For the early next month and they just got their medical exam done at Aziz Medical Center in Islamabad. My Mom's reports are fine, but they want to do an additional exam for my dad which could take up to 9 weeks per Aziz Medical Center. So I have 2 questions in this situation:

1. I understand that my dad's interview date will be postponed till the Medical report. How embassy will reschedule the interview date? Should I contact the embassy myself, or Aziz Medical Center will let the embassy know and cancel the original interview appointment?

2. Will rescheduling my dad's interview date will also impact my mom's interview date? my mom has the same time and date of interview as my dad. We want to keep my mom's interview date in next month. 

If anybody could provide feedback on this, I will greatly appreciate that.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, shan1 said:

1. I understand that my dad's interview date will be postponed till the Medical report. How embassy will reschedule the interview date? Should I contact the embassy myself, or Aziz Medical Center will let the embassy know and cancel the original interview appointment?

Your dad can attend the interview as scheduled. However, his visa issuing will be delayed until he finish the medical exam.

Below is an official notice about this:

Immigrant visa applicants must complete (schedule and attend) their medical examinations with authorized physicians before their scheduled interview dates.

If you complete your medical examination after your visa interview, processing of your immigrant visa case will be delayed until the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has received your medical examination results.

Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

If you want to reschedule the interview date, you can do it by contacting the embassy in Pakistan via this form:

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

I suggest that you should call the embassy to check whether your dad can attend the interview before getting the medical exam result later. Because the waiting time for reschedule maybe longer.

The medical center cannot cancel or change your dad's interview. They can send your dad's medical exam result to you or embassy directly only.

2 hours ago, shan1 said:

2. Will rescheduling my dad's interview date will also impact my mom's interview date? my mom has the same time and date of interview as my dad. We want to keep my mom's interview date in next month.

If you reschedule your dad's interview, your mom's interview is not affected, because your mom and dad have different cases.

You can read more for the instruction of interview in Pakistan here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

Edited by Triple28
Typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.