2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sarahw907 said:

He thought by adding his feelings it would be better ....nope😂😂😂 but it seems like this was the RFE for intent letter month

Yea. pretty much when you're working with the government you gotta think of it in black and white and just write what they wanna see. Gotta pretend you're talking to robots who don't have the ability to empathize, or pretty much feel anything at all. They're literally just looking to see if you, what we call, "checked the box". There's no gray areas in the government, everything is "go" or "no-go". 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sarahw907 said:

🙏🏼 Waiting is the worst but i hope they keep up with the fast responses and you hear back this week

Yea, they seem to be pretty quick lately. I just saw that a bigger news website posted an in depth article about how uscis is all backed up and there's essentially no reason for it. same amount of employees, same workload, longer processing times. they basically accused them of slacking off and called for an audit into them. I don't doubt that you start to notice things magically start to pick up over there in the coming weeks. 

12 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea, they seem to be pretty quick lately. I just saw that a bigger news website posted an in depth article about how uscis is all backed up and there's essentially no reason for it. same amount of employees, same workload, longer processing times. they basically accused them of slacking off and called for an audit into them. I don't doubt that you start to notice things magically start to pick up over there in the coming weeks. 

That is crazy! Now I'm talking from the point of view of a person waiting on an approval but wouldn't they want to get through the packets and keep things moving🤔

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sarahw907 said:

That is crazy! Now I'm talking from the point of view of a person waiting on an approval but wouldn't they want to get through the packets and keep things moving🤔

government jobs are salary positions. whether you process 1 packet or 20 per day, your salary is the same. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, JMEngland said:

it seems like a lot of people get hit over these letters. I wish there was a section on VJ that I could post all my formats I used. I designed them from a "government employee" perspective and had no issues with any of them. I feel like having these available and easy to find would prevent many RFEs in the future.. 

Yup, the "govt employee" perspective would be useful!! We thought we were being efficient with a single letter of intent, but nope, RFE. Need a separate letter from beneficiary. Better safe than sorry - I'd gladly follow a guideline based on that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hello everyone, please do anyone have the ideal about the affidavit of support because i think i will need one please what is the process and also am waiting on the letter from the embassy so i can get it ready before they will ask for it in case. thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, osally1 said:

can i-134 affidavit of support be filed after the uscis approval  ?

You will need to provide the completed forms & financial documents for your beneficiary to take to the interview.  There is much info on the topic here on VJ. There are specific requirements that must be met to qualify to sponsor your foreign fiancé.   Best of luck.

can i-134 affidavit of support be filed after the uscis approval  ?

The I-134 is a document that gives information to the CO that they use for adjudicating your case. It's to answer if the petitioner can "afford" to support the beneficiary and not become a "public charge".  You will complete the I-134 prior to the interview and once in front of the CO they will collect that document from you. So yes it's filed after the USCIS approval but NOT till you are at the interview will you "file" it with the CO. I hope this explanation helps.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hello everyone, please do anyone have the ideal about the affidavit of support because i think i will need one please what is the process and also am waiting on the letter from the embassy so i can get it ready before they will ask for it in case. thanks 

There is a wealth of information through out VJ on what needs to be completed for your interview. The embassy will send you a P3 letter which basically outlines the information below. The information is a bit "old" but it is generic in nature so you can follow it and prepare your documents. Once the P3 letter arrives after your embassy receives your case file from NVC you can double check your documents against it for any additions or deletions.

I usually have a P3 to share with you from your Embassy but I have not been able to secure one. So when you get the P3 letter can you DM me here on VJ with a copy. I use them to help others that come behind you. Thanks.

Instructional form that includes all the documents you must submit before you get an interview date and those you bring with you to the interview. (Wait doing this till you have the new P3 letter from the embassy)

Send prior to interview:
Form DS-160
Statement form (in the packet)
Copy of passport biographic page only

Fill out and bring with you:
Form DS-160
Form I-134 - Affidavit of Support http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Checklist of items to bring to interview:
( ) PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. Children may be included in a parents passport, but, if over the age of 12, they must have their own passport.

( ) BIRTH CERTIFICATES: A birth certificate of each person named in the application is required. Birth records must be presented for all unmarried children under age 21, even if they are not applying for a visa at this time. The certificate must state the date and place of birth and names of both parents.

( ) UNOBTAINABLE BIRTH CERTIFICATES: If an official birth certificate is not obtainable, present the best possible secondary evidence, such as baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, school records, and/or a notarized affidavit from your parents.

( ) POLICE CERTIFICATE: Each applicant aged 16 years and over is required to submit an original police certificate from the police authorities of each locality where the applicant has resided six months or more since attaining the age of sixteen. A police certificate must also be from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable. The consular office will advise you about any particular country.
Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable. More specific information available online at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

( ) COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty or pardon.

( ) MILITARY RECORDS: Applicants who has served the military service must obtain a complete record of the service and conduct. The record must show any convictions of crime before military tribunals. (see http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html to determine availability of military records.

( ) PHOTOGRAPHS: Two (2) color photographs are required, taken within the last six months. The photographs must measure 5 by 5 cm (2 by 2 inches), in color against a plain white background without borders, printed on normal photographic paper, full frontal face (no hat, sunglasses, scarves, etc.).

( ) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND DIVORCE CERTIFICATE: If you were married previously, obtain your marriage certificate(s), and divorce decree(s) or death certificate to prove the dissolution of each such prior marriage.

( ) EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence which will show that you and your children, if any, are not likely to become public charges in the United States. The enclosed information sheet
An original signed notarized Affidavit of Support; Form I-134 should be used.

( ) MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Arrange for a medical examination with one of our designated panel physician (see below). You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each child who will accompany you.

( ) EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP VERY IMPORTANT: You will be asked to submit proof of a valid fiancé(e) relationship with your petitioner. It is, therefore, useful to bring with you letters/e-mails, phone bills, old and current photographs, or other evidence of your engagement.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Do you have a link to the article. I would find interest in it's content. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, JMEngland said:

it seems like a lot of people get hit over these letters. I wish there was a section on VJ that I could post all my formats I used. I designed them from a "government employee" perspective and had no issues with any of them. I feel like having these available and easy to find would prevent many RFEs in the future.. 

If you are serious about offering your content then I would contact a moderator who in turn can either help you with the "next steps". Moderators can be found here.

https://www.visajourney.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[21]=1&group[10]=1&group[14]=1&group[19]=1&group[20]=1

I know that Penguin_ie is very well respected in the VJ community and has been helpful to me in my suggestions. JMHO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The I-134 is a document that gives information to the CO that they use for adjudicating your case. It's to answer if the petitioner can "afford" to support the beneficiary and not become a "public charge".  You will complete the I-134 prior to the interview and once in front of the CO they will collect that document from you. So yes it's filed after the USCIS approval but NOT till you are at the interview will you "file" it with the CO. I hope this explanation helps.

She will only fill the forms and sign it also send it to me the original copy? please what documents do she need to add to it also if you have ideal.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PandT said:

You will need to provide the completed forms & financial documents for your beneficiary to take to the interview.  There is much info on the topic here on VJ. There are specific requirements that must be met to qualify to sponsor your foreign fiancé.   Best of luck.

Thanks but is just going to fill the forms and sign it alone and send the original to me not to the government again ? 

5 minutes ago, osally1 said:

Thanks but is just going to fill the forms and sign it alone and send the original to me not to the government again ? 

The affidavit of support is not filed! If the petitioner is not attending the interview..yes he or she can mail it to you to bring to the interview. USCIS has easy and clear instructions about this on there website as well... well wishes to you..

Edited by MsNina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.