2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
26 minutes ago, MsNina said:

You dont need nvc number to do ds 160 or medical. You need the ds 160 receipt to schedule your medical appointment. Create an account with ustraveldocs pay the fee and schedule your VAC apppointment ..and you can also schedule your interview..i suggest scheduling it a month later.

The visa timineline has no baring until its issued!! This was way offf...lol

First of all, be careful with the advice you give. Just because you know a cousin of a cousin who passed the visa interview in the Dominican Republic, doesn't mean those guidelines apply across the board. You are advising people to risk their timelines just to "stay ready". No matter how "ready" you are, the embassy won't do anything until they are ready. Patience is not mentioned 100,000 times here for nothing and you won't "miss out" on anything if you just trust the process and wait for your file to catch up with your plans. If you want to risk having to reschedule, then go ahead but don't ill advice others to do the same, especially with how unreliable NVC timelines are right now.

Secondly, a medical is valid for one year, but most embassies require it to be less than six months before your interview because they base the validity on that. It's hard to find a resourceful source for this but here is a snippet of the German Embassies site:

image.png.55b9511639cff50382e95b53092f4fbb.png

Like I said, every embassy is different but I've seen this across the board for most. We all get our information from the research we do individually. Knowing something doesn't make you more right or more wrong than anyone else. We are all here to read and learn what we can and share our knowledge... not jump the gun every time you feel someone's information doesn't match yours.

https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faq/the-interview-and-visa/

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 6:28 AM, Brylie said:

We are afraid to even try anymore. Twice denied prior to filing. I’ve made all the trips. Luckily he moved closer. Now I can drive but it’s still 13 hours! 

There has to be at least a reason for them to keep denying him entry. I find that super strange.... does he bring at least any documents that proof he has significant ties to Canada? I bring my lease and job letter (even though I've never been asked) just in case. Better to be safe than Sorry...

I'm sorry that he keeps having a hard time... but keep your chin up all this waiting and going crazy will be worth it in the end!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

4 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

First of all, be careful with the advice you give. Just because you know a cousin of a cousin who passed the visa interview in the Dominican Republic, doesn't mean those guidelines apply across the board. You are advising people to risk their timelines just to "stay ready". No matter how "ready" you are, the embassy won't do anything until they are ready. Patience is not mentioned 100,000 times here for nothing and you won't "miss out" on anything if you just trust the process and wait for your file to catch up with your plans. If you want to risk having to reschedule, then go ahead but don't ill advice others to do the same, especially with how unreliable NVC timelines are right now.

Secondly, a medical is valid for one year, but most embassies require it to be less than six months before your interview because they base the validity on that. It's hard to find a resourceful source for this but here is a snippet of the German Embassies site:

image.png.55b9511639cff50382e95b53092f4fbb.png

Like I said, every embassy is different but I've seen this across the board for most. We all get our information from the research we do individually. Knowing something doesn't make you more right or more wrong than anyone else. We are all here to read and learn what we can and share our knowledge... not jump the gun every time you feel someone's information doesn't match yours.

https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faq/the-interview-and-visa/

Hey..dont come for me because i did not send for you. I am here sharing what I know just like you...if you dont agree that is fine. And nobody is required to take my advice. Its better to do your own research...as i said previously .."to each is own"... now kick rocks! 👌🏾🏾

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

Looks like the RFE reply we sent in yesterday was delivered and signed for, not sure how long it normally takes for them to hit the "received" after that point but progress has been made 😅

Ours was marked officially "received" the same day they got it. Unfortunately that was 1/28 and no movement since. Trying to be patient!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

Looks like the RFE reply we sent in yesterday was delivered and signed for, not sure how long it normally takes for them to hit the "received" after that point but progress has been made 😅

Our Rfe was also delivered and signed for Tuesday morning and nothing has been updated on either site. Hope we hear soon!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Okay, so we have established that for sure, once you get your NVC number, you can do your DS160 and pay your fees.

Can you also knock our your medical stuff at this time? 

Yes, for Kyiv once you have your NVC number you can schedule your medical.  Like others have said the Visa will be valid for 6 months once you have medical.   The medical is then good for 1 year for AOS.

i highly recommend you have your fiance bring with her all vacinnation records to the medical. Although they aren't required for K-1 visa's, they are required for AOS and it will be much cheaper to have them done in Ukraine then in the US.   My now wife had all of them except Hepatitis B and she  had that done in Ukraine and I believe her local clinic charged $10 for each injection (its a series of 3).  For AOS you just need the 1 of the series complete, so dont worry about getting all 3 done if you dont have enough time as they are 60 days apart from each series (and they can be done at any time - so if you get 2 done now, you can get the 3rd series a year from now and be 100% vaccinatted )  The doctor at the medical will transcribe all of the injection forms onto form ds-3025 which will be given back to her to her I believe at POE and then you will then file that form with AOS.

Edited by GP1977

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Wow, thats crazy fast. Looks like things at NVC are finally picking up because you were able to go from NOA2 to left NVC in a couple weeks. I hope mine goes that fast if I ever get NOA2. You gave me a lot of hope 😁

Big congratulations. Not long and this whole process will just be memories. 

Awesome news today! I checked the CEAC this morning and my Case Status is now changed to ‘Ready’! Even though We haven't received the letter or packet, I’ll start everything next week when I’m in the Philippines. The letter example on this site explains all the steps we need to follow. 

Everyhting is really moving fast now! This is a great site. It’s helped me so much as to what to expect and how to proceed.

Thanks to all the contributors!

35 minutes ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

Ours was marked officially "received" the same day they got it. Unfortunately that was 1/28 and no movement since. Trying to be patient!

Just now, Blondie0216 said:

Our Rfe was also delivered and signed for Tuesday morning and nothing has been updated on either site. Hope we hear soon!!

Ahhh fingers crossed for all! Not knowing when things could happen is so nerve-wracking 😥 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, PurelyRavage said:

For all the August approvals let's hope our cases get to NVC quickly. They are so far behind :( close to a month for it to possibly be sent to embassy 

it is driving me crazy!!!!! still waiting on my approval, I can't believe they are not done with august yet, but working on September. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Yes, for Kyiv once you have your NVC number you can schedule your medical.  Like others have said the Visa will be valid for 6 months once you have medical.   The medical is then good for 1 year for AOS.

i highly recommend you have your fiance bring with her all vacinnation records to the medical. Although they aren't required for K-1 visa's, they are required for AOS and it will be much cheaper to have them done in Ukraine then in the US.   My now wife had all of them except Hepatitis B and she  had that done in Ukraine and I believe her local clinic charged $10 for each injection (its a series of 3).  For AOS you just need the 1 of the series complete, so dont worry about getting all 3 done if you dont have enough time as they are 60 days apart from each series (and they can be done at any time - so if you get 2 done now, you can get the 3rd series a year from now and be 100% vaccinatted )  The doctor at the medical will transcribe all of the injection forms onto form ds-3025 which will be given back to her to her I believe at POE and then you will then file that form with AOS.

Yea I'm going to have her get done whatever she can as long as it doesn't delay the process at all. I'm military, so her vaccines will be free here, but for simplicity I'm going to just have her do whatever she can while she's there. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Yea I'm going to have her get done whatever she can as long as it doesn't delay the process at all. I'm military, so her vaccines will be free here, but for simplicity I'm going to just have her do whatever she can while she's there. 

You are all set then as you are in the home stretch.  Good luck!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

You are all set then as you are in the home stretch.  Good luck!

I know, I'm so excited! Hopefully we get NOA2 soon so we can actually start getting some stuff done. I know once we have that NVC number and she can start running around getting things done, it's really going to hit home how close we are. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

I know, I'm so excited! Hopefully we get NOA2 soon so we can actually start getting some stuff done. I know once we have that NVC number and she can start running around getting things done, it's really going to hit home how close we are. 

After NOA2 it really flies and looking at your timeline its coming any day.  A few weeks for your case to get to the NVC and then a few weeks to get the embassy.  Kyiv moves fast and interview appointments are very easy to get.    I would start working on getting your financial documents together,  photo's of the two of you, receipts from travel, etc.    Its alot of work for a 5 minute interview.

39 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

we have already started and we dont have the nvc number yet, probably in the next couple of weeks we should have it, then we anticipate 4 weeks for it to be ready at the embassy. we are basically ready to go with that, she is just waiting for her police certificates

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
38 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

After NOA2 it really flies and looking at your timeline its coming any day.  A few weeks for your case to get to the NVC and then a few weeks to get the embassy.  Kyiv moves fast and interview appointments are very easy to get.    I would start working on getting your financial documents together,  photo's of the two of you, receipts from travel, etc.    Its alot of work for a 5 minute interview.

I actually already prepared a huge proof of relationship packet while I was still working at the Embassy in Kyiv, so she has that in hand. I'm just about ready to file my taxes, just waiting on Robinhood to give me my tax form, then I'm going to do my I134 and ship it to her. Just need her police certificates, passport photos, and medical and she should be ready for her appointment 😁😁😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.