2,700 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Gc0988 said:

I thought after we recieved the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment? Or do we have to wait until the NVC recieves the approval physically from USCIS 🧐

You need to create an account at usa travel docs pay the fee to schedule interview...no nvc number needed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, BenRowen said:

I understand that everyone says wait..... But I see so many approvals after my NOAA one day. I’m a public high school teacher in the US I’ve had to pass the FBIDOJ background check in order to get and keep my credential. Just don’t understand what is taking so long I have all of my paperwork checked and double checked including the divorce decree.  My fiancé presented her late husband’s death certificate. I’ve heard that everything is delayed because of the government shut down. This just makes me so upset

I'm in active military, special operations, holding the highest level clearance possible, and it didn't help at all. It might just be that whoever has your file right now is still working on the guy before you, and his file was crazy complicated. Who knows. I think some adjunticators just take way longer that others. Also, you'll see some people get RFEs for some tiny insignificant thing, then someone else completely forget entire documents and get approved without RFE. just different adjunticators have different speeds, standards, attitudes, empathy, etc. 

Filed: Other Timeline
26 minutes ago, MsNina said:

You need to create an account at usa travel docs pay the fee to schedule interview...no nvc number needed

I was under the impression you need the NVC number before you pay any fees.

5 hours ago, Gc0988 said:

I thought after we recieved the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment? Or do we have to wait until the NVC recieves the approval physically from USCIS 🧐

From my understanding, you can fill out your DS-160 and even pay for it when you get your NVC number, but you cannot schedule any interviews until your CEAC status is at "Ready". Otherwise, you're scheduling an interview for a file the embassy hasn't even received yet.

This is what I gathered from what I've read but maybe @Greenbaum can clarify or correct this.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

From my understanding, you can fill out your DS-160 and even pay for it when you get your NVC number, but you cannot schedule any interviews until your CEAC status is at "Ready". Otherwise, you're scheduling an interview for a file the embassy hasn't even received yet.

This is what I gathered from what I've read but maybe @Greenbaum can clarify or correct this.

You can pay the visa fee at any time.  Just because you pay the visa fee doesn't mean you have to schedule the appointment.  To the best of my knowledge the visa fee is good for 1 year.  So you can complete the DS 160 and pay the visa fee and just wait. But, as a rule of thumb it's best to wait until the CEAC status is "ready".  That's when you know for sure that your consulate has your packet.  Following the rule of thumb it's best to play it safe.  You can even take the risk and try to predict when your packet will arrive at your consulate and schedule your interview around that time frame but be ready to suffer the consequences if your packet don't arrive as you predicted.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

10 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

You dont need nvc number to do ds160. I am getting my info from someone who already did this in Dominican Republic.

21 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

You can pay the visa fee at any time.  Just because you pay the visa fee doesn't mean you have to schedule the appointment.  To the best of my knowledge the visa fee is good for 1 year.  So you can complete the DS 160 and pay the visa fee and just wait. But, as a rule of thumb it's best to wait until the CEAC status is "ready".  That's when you know for sure that your consulate has your packet.  Following the rule of thumb it's best to play it safe.  You can even take the risk and try to predict when your packet will arrive at your consulate and schedule your interview around that time frame but be ready to suffer the consequences if your packet don't arrive as you predicted.

I know lol you're preaching to the choir. The original question was "I thought after we received the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment?" You can pay the visa fee at any time, but the interview has to be until CEAC says "Ready" to ensure the Embassy has your file.

As far as when you pay the fee, my impression was that it asks you for the number. I read about one case where they used the WAC number and it was fine but I've not heard it commonly be used as an option. According to @MsNina that's not the case for Dominican Republic, so that's good to know.

We are all eager to get our interviews set up, I totally get it. My comment was just making sure we also play it safe to ensure we don't have any setbacks.

Edited by celie&joseph

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

2 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

I know lol you're preaching to the choir. The original question was "I thought after we received the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment?" You can pay the visa fee at any time, but the interview has to be until CEAC says "Ready" to ensure the Embassy has your file.

As far as when you pay the fee, my impression was that it asks you for the number. I read about one case where they used the WAC number and it was fine but I've not heard it commonly be used as an option. According to @MsNina that's not the case for Dominican Republic, so that's good to know.

We are all eager to get our interviews set up, I totally get it. My comment was just making sure we also play it safe to ensure we don't have any setbacks.

Right according to a guy here that did the process. ..he had already scheduled the interview before receiving the confirmation email from nvc...he just advised to spread the appointments out...the NVC number is not required to make an interview appointment.

Just now, MsNina said:

Right according to a guy here that did the process. ..he had already scheduled the interview before receiving the confirmation email from nvc...he just advised to spread the appointments out...the NVC number is not required to make an interview appointment.

That's really interesting! and good to know! It makes sense when you think about it.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

I agree. And besides, we waiting for like 6 to 8 months to get our NOA2 and we can't wait one extra week to get it shipped to the Embassy?  We will wait just to be safe. 

Just now, JMEngland said:

Okay, so we have established that for sure, once you get your NVC number, you can do your DS160 and pay your fees.

Can you also knock our your medical stuff at this time? 

From my understanding, yes. But keep in mind your visa will expire 6 months from your medical date. So if you know your embassy has a couple months waiting time on an interview, account for that before you schedule your medical. Otherwise you'll be looking at getting a visa with a short time to get to the US.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

4 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Okay, so we have established that for sure, once you get your NVC number, you can do your DS160 and pay your fees.

Can you also knock our your medical stuff at this time? 

You dont need nvc number to do ds 160 or medical. You need the ds 160 receipt to schedule your medical appointment. Create an account with ustraveldocs pay the fee and schedule your VAC apppointment ..and you can also schedule your interview..i suggest scheduling it a month later.

4 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

From my understanding, yes. But keep in mind your visa will expire 6 months from your medical date. So if you know your embassy has a couple months waiting time on an interview, account for that before you schedule your medical. Otherwise you'll be looking at getting a visa with a short time to get to the US.

The visa timineline has no baring until its issued!! This was way offf...lol

7 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I agree. And besides, we waiting for like 6 to 8 months to get our NOA2 and we can't wait one extra week to get it shipped to the Embassy?  We will wait just to be safe. 

To each is own...but clearly its taking more than a week to arrive to NVC. I like to stay ready so i dont have to get ready. 💯

Looks like the RFE reply we sent in yesterday was delivered and signed for, not sure how long it normally takes for them to hit the "received" after that point but progress has been made 😅

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 6:16 AM, Brylie said:

I was told he cannot enter the states while waiting for the I129-F /K1 visa by the boarder patrol themselves. I called them a few months after filing for it to see. Maybe the guy I spoke to was in a bad mood that day? But he told me a big fat no, they would not let him enter because he has intentions to immigrate here and we have to wait until approved. My lawyer told me the same thing... when my lawyer told me that, I felt inclined to ask BP myself lol.... 

I have visited my fiance many times during the course of our petition. I even stayed for about a month to visit and spend time with him, thankfully I was able to take a long vacation from work due to vacation days being carried over from previous years.

I am surprised they said that to you... I've been to the lewiston border many, many times and not once have they asked about our petition. I get the standard "What are you visiting for?", "How long will you be staying?", "Where are you going?", "Do you have anything to declare?"... I answer each question truthfully and then I get a okay great have a good trip, drive safe.

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.