2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, osally1 said:

To the glory of God we got approved this morning, the waiting is over. i wish whoever is still waiting on the approval all the best.

Congrats!  Don't forget to update your timeline

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, osally1 said:

To the glory of God we got approved this morning, the waiting is over. i wish whoever is still waiting on the approval all the best.

Maybe they didn't know that Cyprus is a country and they had to google it and of course they got stock looking at those beautiful pictures on google for a few days. 

2 hours ago, osally1 said:

Congratulations. Safe travels. Don't book your flight till you have the visa in hand and you have looked it over for any errors. We have seen others delayed because of a simple spelling mistake and or very late delivery schedule.

Also, I share P3 letters to others who come behind you as a precursor to what they can expect is required for the interview. Cyprus is one of the few I do not have. Could you PM me here on VJ and provide a copy that I can share with others from Cyprus in the future? Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hooray! I called NVA early this week and got my MNL Case number,  She also gave me an Invoice ID number (is that number important?).  Anyway, its in transit to the US Embassy in Manila, which I confirmed on the CEAC Status check site.  As I am retired I spend a lot of time in the Philippines with my fiancée and I'll be headed there again next week, staying a couple months.  I figure we'll be able to complete more steps then.... I'll bring my completed I-134 Affidavit of Support, complete and submit the DS-160 there, print off the receipt, pay visa fee at BPI, have her get all the paperwork and documents (birth certificate, police clearance, etc), then get her medical clearance and interview scheduled.  Does that sound about right?  I have read a lot about people not getting the embassy letter, or the fiancée getting the P3 package in the mail.  Do I have to wait for either before scheduling any of the aforementioned tasks? Or can I go ahead,  assuming that my paperwork would be at the embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Presbo said:

Hooray! I called NVA early this week and got my MNL Case number,  She also gave me an Invoice ID number (is that number important?).  Anyway, its in transit to the US Embassy in Manila, which I confirmed on the CEAC Status check site.  As I am retired I spend a lot of time in the Philippines with my fiancée and I'll be headed there again next week, staying a couple months.  I figure we'll be able to complete more steps then.... I'll bring my completed I-134 Affidavit of Support, complete and submit the DS-160 there, print off the receipt, pay visa fee at BPI, have her get all the paperwork and documents (birth certificate, police clearance, etc), then get her medical clearance and interview scheduled.  Does that sound about right?  I have read a lot about people not getting the embassy letter, or the fiancée getting the P3 package in the mail.  Do I have to wait for either before scheduling any of the aforementioned tasks? Or can I go ahead,  assuming that my paperwork would be at the embassy?

Wow, thats crazy fast. Looks like things at NVC are finally picking up because you were able to go from NOA2 to left NVC in a couple weeks. I hope mine goes that fast if I ever get NOA2. You gave me a lot of hope 😁

Big congratulations. Not long and this whole process will just be memories. 

Edited by JMEngland

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Presbo said:

Congrats.  It sounds like you have everything planned right.  As far as that P3 letter, you don't need that to the best of my knowledge.  You can complete the DS-160 now and put it to the side and when you arrive you can even pay the K-1 visa fee at the BPI and just wait until that CEAC changes from "transit" to "ready".  When it's a "ready", you can make your interview appointment.  Getting your fiance CENOMAR, PSA and NBI clearance is easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. Safe travels. Don't book your flight till you have the visa in hand and you have looked it over for any errors. We have seen others delayed because of a simple spelling mistake and or very late delivery schedule.

Also, I share P3 letters to others who come behind you as a precursor to what they can expect is required for the interview. Cyprus is one of the few I do not have. Could you PM me here on VJ and provide a copy that I can share with others from Cyprus in the future? Thanks.

Sure i will, thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
6 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

Maybe they didn't know that Cyprus is a country and they had to google it and of course they got stock looking at those beautiful pictures on google for a few days. 

Really is beautiful, you should try to visit i hope you will not get stock too. Cyprus is beautiful for real.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand that everyone says wait..... But I see so many approvals after my NOAA one day. I’m a public high school teacher in the US I’ve had to pass the FBIDOJ background check in order to get and keep my credential. Just don’t understand what is taking so long I have all of my paperwork checked and double checked including the divorce decree.  My fiancé presented her late husband’s death certificate. I’ve heard that everything is delayed because of the government shut down. This just makes me so upset

Timeline
1 minute ago, BenRowen said:

I understand that everyone says wait..... But I see so many approvals after my NOAA one day. I’m a public high school teacher in the US I’ve had to pass the FBIDOJ background check in order to get and keep my credential. Just don’t understand what is taking so long I have all of my paperwork checked and double checked including the divorce decree.  My fiancé presented her late husband’s death certificate. I’ve heard that everything is delayed because of the government shut down. This just makes me so upset

I know it's hard to understand.  I don't think any of us truly understand but we just have to deal with the system.  There may be additional checks that need to be done on you or your fiancé.  Sometimes it's good to vent your frustrations and also realize there are other people from June and July that are still waiting for their NOA2 approval.  Try to hang in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
23 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

My NOA1 date is 8-30 and I’m still waiting. I know how you feel :( I just want my fiancé here. I miss him tons. As far as the government shutdown, my attorney told me the USCIS is self funded so they were not a part of the shutdown. 

10 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

Congrats.  It sounds like you have everything planned right.  As far as that P3 letter, you don't need that to the best of my knowledge.  You can complete the DS-160 now and put it to the side and when you arrive you can even pay the K-1 visa fee at the BPI and just wait until that CEAC changes from "transit" to "ready".  When it's a "ready", you can make your interview appointment.  Getting your fiance CENOMAR, PSA and NBI clearance is easy.

I thought after we recieved the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment? Or do we have to wait until the NVC recieves the approval physically from USCIS 🧐

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gc0988 said:

I thought after we recieved the case number from NVC, we could make the interview appointment? Or do we have to wait until the NVC recieves the approval physically from USCIS 🧐

I'm not sure exactly how it works for the DR.  I know the Philippines you normally will make the interview appointment when the Embassy receives your petition.  The status on CEAC will change from "in transit" to "ready".  "Ready" is the indicator that the Embassy has received your petition and it's ok to make the interview appointment.  That's what I know for the Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.