2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brylie said:

I was told he cannot enter the states while waiting for the I129-F /K1 visa by the boarder patrol themselves. I called them a few months after filing for it to see. Maybe the guy I spoke to was in a bad mood that day? But he told me a big fat no, they would not let him enter because he has intentions to immigrate here and we have to wait until approved. My lawyer told me the same thing... when my lawyer told me that, I felt inclined to ask BP myself lol.... 

There's a whole stickied thread on this, but a Canadian should almost always be fine

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

WE GOT APPROVED TODAY! 😭 sorry for being emotional

NOA1 - Aug7

RFE - Jan15

NOA2 - Feb4

To all who is still waiting there sending you my positive vibes 🍀

So I was looking at your timeline and you replied to the RFE on the 28th. Is that when you mailed out the reply or is that when they received it at USCIS?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

NOA1 - Aug7

RFE - Jan15

NOA2 - Feb4

Congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

So I was looking at your timeline and you replied to the RFE on the 28th. Is that when you mailed out the reply or is that when they received it at 

It's when they received it

We mailed it on 26th

Edited by Nafisa Zaripova

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

1 hour ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

NOA1 - Aug7

RFE - Jan15

NOA2 - Feb4

Congrats 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

It's when they received it

We mailed it on 26th

Okay, so right at a week. Ours just delivered today, so I'm hoping for that same time frame. I've seen them picked up Monday approved on Friday, so that would be sweet, but I think next week is more likely. Ours was a super easy RFE though, so it's possible. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

Wow that's crazy.  I've gone to see him since filing and also to visit other friends and family in michigan and havent had issues yet but they have been short visits.  I didn't know how extended visits would be looked upon.   I wonder if it depends on the crossing 

I've been in the US since December 10th.  Crossed at Pearson Airport and told immigration officer I'd be in LA for 3 months.  He gave me a hard time at first, but when I told him we have a K-1 pending, he immediately changed his tune and was very helpful.  He told me to be very careful not to stay beyond my 180/365 days because it would screw up the visa, then he sent me through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

I've been in the US since December 10th.  Crossed at Pearson Airport and told immigration officer I'd be in LA for 3 months.  He gave me a hard time at first, but when I told him we have a K-1 pending, he immediately changed his tune and was very helpful.  He told me to be very careful not to stay beyond my 180/365 days because it would screw up the visa, then he sent me through.

That's awesome! I think it depends on person and mood of officer.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

NOA1 - Aug7

RFE - Jan15

NOA2 - Feb4

Congratulations!!! Our RFE response was received on the 28th, too, so now I am nonstop refreshing the old site. 😅

Timeline
1 hour ago, Etek&Ahududu said:

Congratulations!!! Our RFE response was received on the 28th, too, so now I am nonstop refreshing the old site. 😅

Well I'd be checking the new site too. It seems to be more reliable, though it's a pain to check because of the two factor authentication. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.