2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

I'm stressing alot with a baby due may 31 and hoping I get this done by then.

I'll pray for you. I'm a father so I empathize for your hubby during these times.

I prayed last night for a long time that the Lord step in and help us because I've just had so much going on in life lately that was just tearing me apart, bit by bit. Got informed delivery this morning, no letter, went on with my day hoping that tomorrow would be the day, as usual. Checked the mail while I was home on lunch, RFE was there. I've had informed delivery for years and it's never missed a piece... 

Moral of the story, have faith. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Next embassy shipment goes out on Feb 5th and 6th. Regardless, I am not sure how it is applicable to my case specifically as our packet already passed NVC stage and at embassy. My timeline is filled and accurate. We actually coulda had interview tomorrow, but doing it Monday instead. 

It was 17 days from NOA2 to NVC. A bit over a months from NOA2 date to interview. Fingers crossed tight for that to go well.

It also depends on your country. Canada requires packet 3 and packet 4 before booking interview where as some embassies don't require either or just one. Meaning it could add another month on my wait. Hoping I'll have interview by April.

Timeline
1 minute ago, PurelyRavage said:

It also depends on your country. Canada requires packet 3 and packet 4 before booking interview where as some embassies don't require either or just one. Meaning it could add another month on my wait. Hoping I'll have interview by April.

Do we have to wait for them to send packet 3 and 4 or can we find them online 

Timeline
Just now, Blondie0216 said:

you're technically supposed to wait for an email at all embassies. alot of people find the information packets online, do their stuff, and schedule appointments before getting the go ahead to do it from the Embassy. it comes with the risk of your appointment date coming and you still haven't received your "green light" to schedule your appointment, which can piss off people at the Embassy and even get you turned away, because they haven't prepped your packet yet so they truly weren't ready for you to show up that day. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

Packet 3 usually takes 2 weeks. It's a checklist of everything you need for interview that you need to sign and date and email them back I believe as well as asking you to fill out  the DS-160. They send packet 4 right after that on how to proceed booking the exam and interview. Alot of people recommend not sending it in until you receive it in the mail. 

Edited by PurelyRavage

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Glad you finally got it. Hopefully they will turn it around quickly. I've seen some folks get approvals rather quickly after RFE

Yea I'm hoping. I'm just glad we're past that step. I saw someone get one in 5 days. My issue was about as simple as you can get, so common sense would say it should be quick, but you know...it's USCIS... I'll be calling end of day next Friday if I haven't heard anything, just in case. I hate sitting through weekends wondering "what if".

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

you're technically supposed to wait for an email at all embassies. alot of people find the information packets online, do their stuff, and schedule appointments before getting the go ahead to do it from the Embassy. it comes with the risk of your appointment date coming and you still haven't received your "green light" to schedule your appointment, which can piss off people at the Embassy and even get you turned away, because they haven't prepped your packet yet so they truly weren't ready for you to show up that day. 

Ok thank you

7 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Packet 3 usually takes 2 weeks. It's a checklist of everything you need for interview that you need to sign and date and email them back I believe as well as asking you to fill out  the DS-160. They send packet 4 right after that on how to proceed booking the exam and interview. Alot of people recommend not sending it in until you receive it in the mail. 

I wouldn't send it in until told to, I just like to be prepared 

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, Brylie said:

Did everyone get the email from uscis saying “you may have missed an email”?

I did and I've already received my NOA2. I guess it was routine if they were having technical problems. 

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

5 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Not necessarily true. Kenya, for example, makes no communication and instead put Packet 3 online for applicants to download. It all depends on the embassy and the way each one processes things. 

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

7 hours ago, MsNina said:

Oh. Photos and no dates..and whats really weird..photos together arent even required...but yeah send that i94..thats what purely ravaged did...and a little more too but she got her approval this week.

They are not required but evidence to show you were together in the last two years is the main goal. The pictures and the flight tickets can prove that separately but you need to link them with dates to prove you visited/or met up at the same place together at the same time.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Shiran said:

Next embassy shipment goes out on Feb 5th and 6th. Regardless, I am not sure how it is applicable to my case specifically as our packet already passed NVC stage and at embassy. My timeline is filled and accurate. We actually coulda had interview tomorrow, but doing it Monday instead. 

It was 17 days from NOA2 to NVC. A bit over a months from NOA2 date to interview. Fingers crossed tight for that to go well.

Good luck shiran. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Brylie said:

I woke up and APPROVED!!!! Yesterday!!!! I guess the website hadn’t updated yet!!!!! So here I was being a baby yesterday for nothing😂😂😂!!!

NOA1- 8/22

NOA2-1/31

I’m totally shaking right now!!!! 

Wooohooo! Congrats! I'm hoping for ours soon too, October just started their NOA2s :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brylie said:

I woke up and APPROVED!!!! Yesterday!!!! I guess the website hadn’t updated yet!!!!! So here I was being a baby yesterday for nothing😂😂😂!!!

NOA1- 8/22

NOA2-1/31

I’m totally shaking right now!!!! 

Congrats!!!! You got approved so fast after RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.