2,700 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

The same thing has happened to us!!! WE got RFE saying that my fiancé forgot to answer questions about criminal record. First he was saying that he didn't forget and he couldn't miss the whole page, but later  we thought probably he could have missed because he was going through some work related stress at that time. however he found the copy of the form where it clearly shows he answered all the questions there. So we didn't even know what to think because  none of us has any criminal record..I mean did they send all these questions after finding something about him? thinking that he lied??? 

It's so bizarre... my fiance was a correctional officer and then joined the US military which both require extensive background checks so you'd think that by default that should be some evidence in his favour to support the fact that he doesn't have a criminal record but I guess not? I'm wondering if something marked him for having those checks done... 😕 For us, it's also possible that something was misplaced or lost from our original petition, since they sent it back to us when they missed the cheque. It seemed like everything was there but since I wasn't physically in the packet's presence I can't say for sure.

6 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So I feel silly asking this but is the NOA1 date the day the USCIS received your case or when you received the letter in the mail? They got my case on 8-31-18 and they sent out the letter of receipt on 9-5-18. I was thinking to myself this morning that I might be in the wrong filers group 😂

We run a 2 for 1 special on the filers group where you can buy one group and get a second group for free. So go ahead and make your choice from our variety. :D  All kidding aside, you can be in multiple threads as we invite you to become the most knowledgeable about your visa journey as you can.

BTW thanks for updating your profile. We appreciate that from you. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

4 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

It's so bizarre... my fiance was a correctional officer and then joined the US military which both require extensive background checks so you'd think that by default that should be some evidence in his favour to support the fact that he doesn't have a criminal record but I guess not? I'm wondering if something marked him for having those checks done... 😕 For us, it's also possible that something was misplaced or lost from our original petition, since they sent it back to us when they missed the cheque. It seemed like everything was there but since I wasn't physically in the packet's presence I can't say for sure.

Everyone goes through the basic background checks. It doesn't matter if you are a son to a Senator or in the Military or what not. After the initial BC if there is something that what shows up it will be come under further investigated or if nothing is found it's considered "passing" and your file continues to get adjudicated.

There are background checks at USCIS.

As part of its benefits adjudication process and as required by law, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who seek certain immigration benefits. These background checks consist of four separate checks against systems within Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In order to facilitate the collection and transmission of information necessary to complete background check processes, USCIS maintains five information technology electronic systems: the Fingerprint Masthead Notification System (FMNS), the Customer Identity Capture System (CICS), the FD-258 Tracking System - Mainframe (FD-258 MF), the Benefits Biometrics Support System (BBSS), and the Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Manifest. USCIS is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because FMNS, CICS, FD-258 MF, BBSS, and IBIS Manifest collect, use, and share personally identifiable information (PII). This PIA replaces the previously published USCIS PIA for the "Background Check Service (BCS)" which describes planned background check-related systems that were never implemented. Upon publication of this PIA, the BCS PIA will be retired.

I hope I have shed some more light on your topic to allow you to have a better understanding what the details are.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

12 hours ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

The same thing has happened to us!!! WE got RFE saying that my fiancé forgot to answer questions about criminal record. First he was saying that he didn't forget and he couldn't miss the whole page, but later  we thought probably he could have missed because he was going through some work related stress at that time. however he found the copy of the form where it clearly shows he answered all the questions there. So we didn't even know what to think because  none of us has any criminal record..I mean did they send all these questions after finding something about him? thinking that he lied??? 

That question is a very tricky question and great thought should go into answering the RFE with out soul searching. There have been multiple cases on VJ with some who thought that a dismissed case didn't warrant a check box "no criminal history" and come to find out that did count toward an answer. Since they said NO they were denied an approval. Another case of someone who thought the a expunge record as a "teen" youth was all but dead. They answered no but USCIS denied their application. So buyer beware.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That question is a very tricky question and great thought should go into answering the RFE with out soul searching. There have been multiple cases on VJ with some who thought that a dismissed case didn't warrant a check box "no criminal history" and come to find out that did count toward an answer. Since they said NO they were denied an approval. Another case of someone who thought the a expunge record as a "teen" youth was all but dead. They answered no but USCIS denied their application. So buyer beware.

These answers are purely skeptical. Best thing to do is...if you have any crimes that are listed on the form expunged or not...tell them about it. Teen is very vague because they only want police records for beneficiares starting at 16. Juvenile records are donezo if you dont continue bad behavior...just my thoughts..dont be scared as we dont really know why people are truly being denied with criminal backgrounds..in most cases you should have a chance to explain...hang in there..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So I feel silly asking this but is the NOA1 date the day the USCIS received your case or when you received the letter in the mail? They got my case on 8-31-18 and they sent out the letter of receipt on 9-5-18. I was thinking to myself this morning that I might be in the wrong filers group 😂

Ultimately it is 5 day difference, that doesn't matter. I used NOTICE day for my NOA1 date because

• That is what VJ tells you to do, if you hover your mouse pointer over little ? next to time line. noa-date.jpg
  • It makes sense for me to put NOTICE date for when NOTICE was issued. NOA2 only has notice date on it, so it makes sense to me to compare like to like, from one notice date to another.
  • Your Priority date is your received date. You will not see priority date mentioned until you are at NVC date then it shows up.

i-797C_censored_ed.png.d777be924509fd41558f73e061121dce.png

Edited by Shiran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, ACHH said:

Hello everyone! 

I´ve been reading all of you for a while and you´ve helped me a lot to deal with the long wait. But today I have great news. Our NOA2 arrivedd by mail =D!!! 

NOA1 old site: 08/28/2018

NOA1 new site: 08/31/2018

NOA2: 01/25/2019

Good luck to everyone 

Congrats!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 10:43 AM, PurelyRavage said:

Just got my approval!!!

NOA1: August 7 2018
RFE: January 14 2019

Response Received: January 25, 2019
NOA2: January 30 2019

congrats!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

Congrats!!!

PurelyRavage  did you send in letters from friends or family as well.  That was on our list on our RFE of what could be sent in as proof we have met in last 2 years

Timeline
1 minute ago, Brylie said:

Did everyone get the email from uscis saying “you may have missed an email”?

Have not seen any emails from them. 

Did you have to provide proof of meeting in the last two years for your RFE.  I cant remember whose RFE's were what right now. So many to remember lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.