2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shrinee said:

I can't believe! I just got a notification on my phone, our case is approved !! :D

NOA1  August 31

NOA2  January 30

Old site case approved

New site case received

Can someone please tell me what the difference between the old site in the new site. What are the addresses....... My fiancé is from the Philippines and we have a NOA1  date of August 17 and we still haven’t heard anything

On 1/29/2019 at 11:07 AM, Angel and Chris said:

Just got off the phone with USCIS and WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! Approval notice was sent out yesterday !!!!! Pray you all get your approvals soon!

NOA1 8/29/2018

NOA2 01/28/2019

DDid you call the regular line and just wait for a representative? I'm so antsy but afraid I'll annoy who answers the phone😂

Edited by sarahw907
didn't finish message......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

Can someone please tell me what the difference between the old site in the new site. What are the addresses....... My fiancé is from the Philippines and we have a NOA1  date of August 17 and we still haven’t heard anything

The old site is https://www.uscis.gov

The new site is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Personally, no big difference IMHO.  Both sites are not synched.  One site will update and the other won't and sometimes you will get your approval in the mail without either site being updated.  Try to hang in there.  Keep checking your mail.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

39 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Still just waiting for our RFE letter. Level 2 claimed it was sent out on the 24th, but I still hasn't received it. I'm hoping tomorrow. Praying it's something simple so I can get it fixed quick. Going to overnight it back to USCIS and get this ball rolling again as soon as it's here. 

we are hoping you get it soon. us with Ukraine fiancees have to stick together! :)

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Prizm123 said:

we are hoping you get it soon. us with Ukraine fiancees have to stick together! :)

Thank you 😊  I noticed someone recently got an RFE approved in 5 days, that's crazy fast. That would be amazing if I could get it sent out with overnight shipping tomorrow. Knowing we could have our approval by the end of next week makes me excited, but even if it takes a little longer that's okay too.  As long as Kris makes it out here eventually I'll be happy ❤️

I'm honestly just ready to be done with USCIS... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, BenRowen said:

Neither of the sites were updated for us but we got a mail yesterday and it says our approval was Jan11. It took two weeks for the mail to come. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

The old site is https://www.uscis.gov

The new site is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Personally, no big difference IMHO.  Both sites are not synched.  One site will update and the other won't and sometimes you will get your approval in the mail without either site being updated.  Try to hang in there.  Keep checking your mail.

This. Between the two, you're more likely to see your NOA2 on the new site, but most likely to see it in the mail. For the biggest percentage of people neither site changes, but for the ones that do its usually the new site. There's a person here and there that it's the old site, but not very often. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

JMEngland, I'm pretty sure my rfe was sent out on the 23rd (no conformation of that online but rep told me i had initial evidence notice) so i dont think yours got lost in the mail. They are just super slow but atleast they are reviewing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Isabel&Will said:

Fiance got the RFE in the mail today (sent out to him on Aug 22), they are asking him to answer questions about his criminal record (which he had already answered so I'm not sure why they are asking again) and evidence of us meeting within the 2 year period (I had submitted photos printed on sheets with dates and descriptions of where we were underneath them along with their respective boarding passes but I guess we need to submit actual hard photographs with the dates on the back instead?). I'm so nervous about how this should be done. 😰

The same thing has happened to us!!! WE got RFE saying that my fiancé forgot to answer questions about criminal record. First he was saying that he didn't forget and he couldn't miss the whole page, but later  we thought probably he could have missed because he was going through some work related stress at that time. however he found the copy of the form where it clearly shows he answered all the questions there. So we didn't even know what to think because  none of us has any criminal record..I mean did they send all these questions after finding something about him? thinking that he lied??? 

Edited by Nafisa Zaripova

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, JMEngland said:

Still just waiting for our RFE letter. Level 2 claimed it was sent out on the 24th, but I still hasn't received it. I'm hoping tomorrow. Praying it's something simple so I can get it fixed quick. Going to overnight it back to USCIS and get this ball rolling again as soon as it's here. 

We got ours in mail in 10 days...my fiancé changed his address 2 times.. so I made him call to USCIS couple of times to make sure they sent the letter to the right one😂

hope yours won't take so long 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So I feel silly asking this but is the NOA1 date the day the USCIS received your case or when you received the letter in the mail? They got my case on 8-31-18 and they sent out the letter of receipt on 9-5-18. I was thinking to myself this morning that I might be in the wrong filers group 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Robin Redemsky said:

So I feel silly asking this but is the NOA1 date the day the USCIS received your case or when you received the letter in the mail? They got my case on 8-31-18 and they sent out the letter of receipt on 9-5-18. I was thinking to myself this morning that I might be in the wrong filers group 😂

NOA1 is the "Recieved Date" on your Notice of Action letter that USCIS sent you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.