2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Does anyone know if they are still backed up on the interview dates in Montreal? Trying to somewhat plan the wedding now that we are getting somewhere. They received our RFE response the 29th... so hopefully any day now for NOA2

You just have to check everyday. Someone just posted that no dates are showing for February or March right now. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Brylie said:

Where are you checking? There are so many topics going it is hard to find.

A Canadian k1 Visa Facebook page. Someone just booked an appt for February said that nothing is showing up for Feb or March you just check everyday and hope something pops up. It's random. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Brylie said:

What’s the name of the page? I’d like to follow or if it has stuff like that. Trying to stay as on top of this as possible. 

It's called Canadian K1 and spousal Visa support group

Fiance got the RFE in the mail today (sent out to him on Aug 22), they are asking him to answer questions about his criminal record (which he had already answered so I'm not sure why they are asking again) and evidence of us meeting within the 2 year period (I had submitted photos printed on sheets with dates and descriptions of where we were underneath them along with their respective boarding passes but I guess we need to submit actual hard photographs with the dates on the back instead?). I'm so nervous about how this should be done. 😰

1 minute ago, Isabel&Will said:

Fiance got the RFE in the mail today (sent out to him on Aug 22), they are asking him to answer questions about his criminal record (which he had already answered so I'm not sure why they are asking again) and evidence of us meeting within the 2 year period (I had submitted photos printed on sheets with dates and descriptions of where we were underneath them along with their respective boarding passes but I guess we need to submit actual hard photographs with the dates on the back instead?). I'm so nervous about how this should be done. 😰

Photos are not good evidence at all, regardless of whether they are originals or copies.  They prove you have met, but not WHEN.  Do you have passport stamps?

For the criminal record, did you include every shred of documentation (court, police, etc) for that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Barker Family said:

Youll receive the email once they send it to the Embassy. They wont send any email unless you contact them first using the AskNVC.

They emailed my fiance at his email address with a text file issued to my name after they have shipped our case, though he never contacted the NVC. I, the beneficiary contacted them through the AskNVC as the 'principal applicant' and got a response in my name to my own email address. To the best of my understanding, the first notification (to the petitioner) goes off routinely, the second one goes only in case of actual enquiry to the person who enquires. Though I have requested our case file at NVC to be 'updated' with my email, the embassy only sent their P3 communication to my fiance, but again in my name. And again, as with @Shiran, I believe it to be a routine practice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, PurelyRavage said:

Okay so they'll just send an email when it's at the NVC? No point in inquiring? I figure it'll be like what 2-3 weeks after NOA2?

They email the petitioner once it has LEFT the NVC. In our case 3 weeks after NOA2. We decided that petitioner will inquire in the manner described in NOA2 (email as mentioned), if we don't hear from them in a month's time after NOA2. I, the beneficiary, discovered the AskNVC online option, got impatient and used it in 3 weeks time. By the moment AskNVC responded, our case has already left and they emailed the petitioner. 

Does anyone know the best translation service? I wanted to get my fiance's birth certifigate translated from spanish to english, for the embassy phase and interview. And all I keep reading is sub-par translation services. Any help would be appreciated! 🤗🤗

Edited by Gc0988

2 minutes ago, Gc0988 said:

Does anyone know the best translation service? I wanted to get my fiance's birth certifigate translated from spanish to english, for the embassy phase and interview. And all I keep reading is sub-par translation services. Any help would be appreciated! 🤗🤗

If you want it done locally, you might get better help by asking on the Caribbean forum, or even the Mexico/Latin American one for online services.

27 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Photos are not good evidence at all, regardless of whether they are originals or copies.  They prove you have met, but not WHEN.  Do you have passport stamps?

For the criminal record, did you include every shred of documentation (court, police, etc) for that?

As a Canadian I have not had my passport stamped since April 2016 which is outside of the date range required.
I provided boarding passes that showed the dates coinciding with the visits. I'm looking into what the other Canadians have done which is obtaining an I-94.

My fiance (petitioner) does not have a criminal record (I also do not have one but that is to be provided at the time of interview). He was asked to answer the questions again but was not asked for further evidence of this.

50902580_2091469977810176_3813514316955516928_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

As a Canadian I have not had my passport stamped since April 2016 which is outside of the date range required.
I provided boarding passes that showed the dates coinciding with the visits. I'm looking into what the other Canadians have done which is obtaining an I-94.

My fiance (petitioner) does not have a criminal record (I also do not have one but that is to be provided at the time of interview). He was asked to answer the questions again but was not asked for further evidence of this.

50902580_2091469977810176_3813514316955516928_n.jpg

Hmm......I'm confused then.  Isn't the criminal record Q on the petition simply a "yes/no" Q?   Are they asking him to reiterate his "no" response?

I'm surprised they would request photos, since it is difficult to "prove" the dates they were taken.

Did you not include your I-94 in the initial evidence?  I thought that was a requirement.

20 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Hmm......I'm confused then.  Isn't the criminal record Q on the petition simply a "yes/no" Q?   Are they asking him to reiterate his "no" response?

I'm surprised they would request photos, since it is difficult to "prove" the dates they were taken.

Did you not include your I-94 in the initial evidence?  I thought that was a requirement.

Yes I think the I-94 is the problem, I went and looked at the instructions again and noticed the inclusion of I-94 in the "Evidence You Must Submit" section. At the time of filing I was not aware of its existence so we must have overlooked this and thought it didn't apply to us. I believe there was a question asking for certain information if the beneficiary "Is currently in the United States", which I was not, so I did not look into it further. Hopefully, this will just be a matter of submitting everything to their specifications and ensuring that I include the I-94 this time.

As for the criminal record questions, yes, they have literally just resent him the questions to answer yes or no again, so something must have been illegible or was missed somehow (they rearranged our packet and sent it back to us during the process because they missed our cheque, seemed like everything was there but I wasn't physically there to double-check).

5 minutes ago, Isabel&Will said:

Yes I think the I-94 is the problem, I went and looked at the instructions again and noticed the inclusion of I-94 in the "Evidence You Must Submit" section. At the time of filing I was not aware of its existence so we must have overlooked this and thought it didn't apply to us. I believe there was a question asking for certain information if the beneficiary "Is currently in the United States", which I was not, so I did not look into it further. Hopefully, this will just be a matter of submitting everything to their specifications and ensuring that I include the I-94 this time.

As for the criminal record questions, yes, they have literally just resent him the questions to answer yes or no again, so something must have been illegible or was missed somehow (they rearranged our packet and sent it back to us during the process because they missed our cheque, seemed like everything was there but I wasn't physically there to double-check).

Ah, okay.  Those both seem like easy fixes!  Best of luck :-)

Just now, Isabel&Will said:

Thank you, I hope so! I feel very silly for having missed this. 😰

I think it is an easy miss for Canadians, as many do their visits via the land borders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.