2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jayesel said:

Awww...

On the bright side, you have peace of mind that your case is being looked at. I heard RFE has relatively fast turnaround time.

Good luck!!! hope everything gets sorted out swiftly!

Thank you!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

NOA1 received sept 4.  Application received Aug 29.  Just saw update on website that request for evidence mailed today 

Oh man, I hope that does not delay the process even longer for you. Havin't got a letter yet for RFE yet, hopefully. 

10 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

Congrats!!! I just got notice on web site that RFE mailed today  ugh.   Oh well just another step! 

Yes..at least you know they have touched your case . Hopefully its something simple to resolve and the wait should not be that much longer...i know someone on here is saying 2 to  4 weeks..but dont even worry. You are further ahead than alot of us..

Timeline
Just now, ChristinaC said:

Oh man, I hope that does not delay the process even longer for you. Havin't got a letter yet for RFE yet, hopefully. 

I hear its a quick turnaround. Hope you hear something soon

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ChristinaC said:

I hope so. i can't believe how long it takes. I am literally a river away from my fiance (Windsor, Canada-Detroit Michigan). 

As am I. My NOA1 was August 7. Received rfe January 14. We live 30 min apart. Also expecting a baby may 31. 

Timeline

Hi!

The old site has a NOA1 received date of Aug 31/18, but the new site just says "We received your case," with no date. Is this normal?

08/25/18- Mailed I-129f

08/31/18- NOA1

01/25/19- NOA2

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

As am I. My NOA1 was August 7. Received rfe January 14. We live 30 min apart. Also expecting a baby may 31. 

you could be approved any day now, and congrats. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ChristinaC said:

you could be approved any day now, and congrats. 

I wish. It only just came in the mail saturday. Just arrived at California centre today so maybe in 2 weeks? I wonder how long it takes to get from the lockbox to them reviewing it again 

Edited by PurelyRavage

Timeline
1 minute ago, PurelyRavage said:

I wish. It only just came in the mail saturday. Just arrived at California centre today so maybe in 2 weeks? 

yeah i heard after the REF it goes a lot faster, so definitely something to look forward too knowing they are looking at your application. 

3 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

I wish. It only just came in the mail saturday. Just arrived at California centre today so maybe in 2 weeks? I wonder how long it takes to get from the lockbox to them reviewing it again 

Should not be long because its going to a specific person now..what did you end up submitting? Just i94?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
29 minutes ago, jayesel said:

Omg after I read your post i logged onto the new site and I SEE AN APPROVAL TOO!!!!!!!

thank you thank you!! 

p.s. we have the same noa1 date :)

Old noa1: 8/31/18

new noa1:9/6/18

noa2: 1/22/19

YAY!!! hard part is over T_T

That’s awesome , congrats !!! Let’s see how our cases move through NVC :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MsNina said:

Should not be long because its going to a specific person now..what did you end up submitting? Just i94?

I submitted a signed affadavit from fiance about our trip to Niagra falls with hotel confirmation and transactions from both my account and his taking place at same date while there. Affadavit from his mom stating we have met numerous times with her Id and signature. Pictures of family gatherings posted on Facebook and transactions matching up. My i-94 info. Info on some trips we took with transactions and showing he's made transactions here while visiting. I loaded it up lol. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope my RFE is something easy to fix too. I went through a bunch of people's cases from December and it seems like RFE turnaround is 8 to 10 days after receipt of response. Well at least last month it was. They seem to have stepped up their game lately getting people's stuff pushed through. I'm hoping to receive my letter tomorrow or Saturday and I will be overnighting a response back hopefully the same day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.