LiliBurd

Received Courtesy copy not official notice.

102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

UPDATE:  I called my lawyer's office and they said they received the original copy of the 18 months extension.  They will send me.  Will get in two three days.  I will let you guys know when I receive it whether it is the thick one with watermark like the one year extension.  Just FYI- I received the thick, watermark one year extension and my lawyer received the courtesy copy.  This time, it is reversed. 

17 hours ago, dilip said:

UPDATE:  I called my lawyer's office and they said they received the original copy of the 18 months extension.  They will send me.  Will get in two three days.  I will let you guys know when I receive it whether it is the thick one with watermark like the one year extension.  Just FYI- I received the thick, watermark one year extension and my lawyer received the courtesy copy.  This time, it is reversed. 

so you've actually used a lawyer to apply for removal of conditions, right?

I called USCIS yesterday.. but no resolution  yet.

Once i reached a rep and informed her we received a courtesy copy and not the watermarked 18-month letter, she asked if we ever used an attorney. I said no, we did not use one for the i751 filing, it was done on our own, and moreover we received the original 12-month watermarked letter last year.  She created a ticket, escalated it and transferred me to Tier 2 right into their call back feature. 

Got a Tier 2 officer call back 3 hours later WHEN spouse (i751 applicant) wasn't around. Officer refused to provide further details without applicant permission. So have call em back again and start from scratch. 

Weren't USCIS phones lines open till midnight in the past? They close at 6pm EST now. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

37 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

I called USCIS yesterday.. but no resolution  yet.

Once i reached a rep and informed her we received a courtesy copy and not the watermarked 18-month letter, she asked if we ever used an attorney. I said no, we did not use one for the i751 filing, it was done on our own, and moreover we received the original 12-month watermarked letter last year.  She created a ticket, escalated it and transferred me to Tier 2 right into their call back feature. 

Got a Tier 2 officer call back 3 hours later WHEN spouse (i751 applicant) wasn't around. Officer refused to provide further details without applicant permission. So have call em back again and start from scratch. 

Weren't USCIS phones lines open till midnight in the past? They close at 6pm EST now. 

Thank you for the update, I will try calling them today. Wish me luck!

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Just spoke to them, She explained that this is a generic notice that was sent out. And all USCIS agents have been notified that the extension is now 18 months instead of 12 months. According to her there shouldn't be any issues travelling with that letter. 

I'm still kind of skeptical... i'll wait and see if others call and see what explanation the receive. 

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

1 hour ago, LiliBurd said:

Just spoke to them, She explained that this is a generic notice that was sent out. And all USCIS agents have been notified that the extension is now 18 months instead of 12 months. According to her there shouldn't be any issues travelling with that letter. 

I'm still kind of skeptical... i'll wait and see if others call and see what explanation the receive. 

That's BS - it's not an official letter and it clearly states so. I won't risk traveling with that letter, not because CBP won't take it here, but because i don't think airlines will. 

Curious to see what the letter dilip gets from the lawyer looks like.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My lawyer received the same copy- Courtesy copy only my lawyer's name and address.  It seems, the original one means 1 year thick one with water mark we received initially.  However, once our one year extension is over, it will be risky to go our of country.  I do not think, it will be an issue in US immigration check, but  it might be when you will  go through security of another country.  Like when we went to India, they looked under the light and checked water mark. 

On 8/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, LiliBurd said:

I received a letter today stating that my conditional resident status is now extended 18 months due to delays instead of the 12 months. At the beginning of the letter, for the first time ever in all the notices we have received it says this:  "We have mailed an official notice about this case (and any relevant documentation) according to the mailing preferences you chose on Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative. This is a courtesy copy, not the official notice."

I do not or have I ever had an Attorney. Anyone else that has had this happen? I plan on trying to contact someone on Monday... any other suggestions? 

Thank you 

Did you receive the actual extension letter since? I just received the same letter (courtesy copy) and I also do not have and never ever had an attorney or other representative.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, Kasoveli said:

I received the official watermarked letter yesterday and never got a courtesy copy. Also, I  don't have a lawyer. 

Same here.  I received mine on Friday. I count myselfas lucky as we're crossing back into Canada this Saturday.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

My wife had a lawyer for a failed attempt at a work visa years ago but we didn't use a lawyer for the adjustment of status or removal of conditions. Is it possible they still sent it to that lawyer? Has anyone received the courtesy copy and then received the regular version a few days later at the same address? 

I-751 Removal of Conditions

-01/15/18 Mailed I-751

-01/18/18 Arrived at California Service Center

-01/18/18 NOA 1 Date

-01/22/18 NOA Received

Hi all!!!  For those who received the unofficial “courtesy copy”. I’m a January 2018 filer

I called uscis and after being on hold for almost an hour the lady told me that they probably made a “mistake” and the original letter was sent out to my previous attorney. She said for me to call the attorney to check if they received the letter or to check with field office to verify the address were the letter was sent out. 

she sounded like a “mistake” like that wasn’t a big deal.  Now I’m even more stressed because what if the 10-yearGC is sent out to my previous attorney.  Or what if my submitted package or any RFE is sent to the attorney and not me. Even though I know if I call they will say that didn’t received anything (since I did hired them this time because the legal asst was very rude). 

Anyways, I told the lady I didn’t use an attorney this time and that the first 12-month extension was delivered to my address  but not the 18-month extension letter. Also she check on my “status” and she said that it shows that no notifications have been sent out at all. 

I wonder if I should call again and see what the next person says. 

At at this point I’m thinking on going to field office and to get things straightened out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.