Roxy and Emmy

I-129F trying to change my address but it’s abroad and there is no option to enter it in online or on the paper form

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everybody. I filed for a fiancé visa and I am living abroad with my fiancée. We have a US mailing address but it is a friends house and we obviously aren’t there. I am in China. The problem is that I just moved to a new flat here in Shenzhen. And I already filed for the fiancé visa at the end of March. I tried to change my address online but they only allow you to change a US address. I don’t want to do that, because my friends house is fine for anything that can be mailed. I am really worried about any information from the embassy being mailed to my old apartment. I sent in the paper change of address form about a month ago and there hasn’t been any confirmation. I sent uscis a request for information but it was automated and didn’t mention anything about the COA. I am still waiting on my NOA2 and the date is getting closer. I tried calling but it doesn’t work. What should I do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Roxyneu said:

Hi everybody. I filed for a fiancé visa and I am living abroad with my fiancée. We have a US mailing address but it is a friends house and we obviously aren’t there. I am in China. The problem is that I just moved to a new flat here in Shenzhen. And I already filed for the fiancé visa at the end of March. I tried to change my address online but they only allow you to change a US address. I don’t want to do that, because my friends house is fine for anything that can be mailed. I am really worried about any information from the embassy being mailed to my old apartment. I sent in the paper change of address form about a month ago and there hasn’t been any confirmation. I sent uscis a request for information but it was automated and didn’t mention anything about the COA. I am still waiting on my NOA2 and the date is getting closer. I tried calling but it doesn’t work. What should I do?

I'm not sure whether they will mail your NOA2 abroad. I think they will mail it to your friend house. If it is regarding the embassy, once you have your NOA2 and your petition is arrived at US embassy. You can contact the embassy. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

If you wanna change your address to a place abroad you’ll have to mail the request in. I’m pretty sure they don’t send NOAs abroad though. Better to keep your US address. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

If you wanna change your address to a place abroad you’ll have to mail the request in. I’m pretty sure they don’t send NOAs abroad though. Better to keep your US address. 

Not sure about changing your address but from my experience they do mail NOAs abroad. Received my NOA2 in the UK today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 4:23 AM, Roxyneu said:

Correct me if I am wrong but: 

- you’ve put friends address (US) as your mailing address, 

- you’ve put China address as your current stay address,

- NOA 1 arrived to US address,

- you’ve requested your current address change via paper form. 

What is the problem then - clearly USCIS understood your pettition and uses friends address as your mailing address. Moreover, they’ve received your address change paper form (hence the autoresponse). Now they just have to proceed. 

As for moving within China, beneficiary address will be important at the NVC stage. And the beneficiary will be able

to change it directly in the embassy. 

19 hours ago, tayae said:

Not sure about changing your address but from my experience they do mail NOAs abroad. Received my NOA2 in the UK today.

True. We have Polish address for mailing/current stay and we did receive NOA 1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.