2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, lorene21 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am writing to know 1) how everyone is doing and  2) how long have you all been waiting for in Administrative Processing. It would be useful to know so we can have a better idea of how long we are suppose to wait for an answer. Thank you so much! 

I’ve been in administative process as a part of a waiver since Feb 2018 so it’s 8 months and still counting😔 I guess we have to be so patient coz no body knows when this process will end. What about you? 

8 minutes ago, Didi12 said:

I’ve been in administative process as a part of a waiver since Feb 2018 so it’s 8 months and still counting😔 I guess we have to be so patient coz no body knows when this process will end. What about you? 

Have you contacted the embassy regarding your case? if so, have they told you something different than "your case is under...."?

Have you noticed if the "last updated date" in the status of your application has changed? 

I have days of hope and days of depression. It so unfair to wait this long for no reason :( 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lorene21 said:

Have you contacted the embassy regarding your case? if so, have they told you something different than "your case is under...."?

Have you noticed if the "last updated date" in the status of your application has changed? 

I have days of hope and days of depression. It so unfair to wait this long for no reason :( 

I know dear i feel exactly the same I’ve been waiting 3 years to join my husband and start our life together. Every time I contact the embassy I got the same reply and that they can’t expect when the process ends noting that my case update only when I contact them. Sometimes I feel that nobody working on my case and they’re just freezing it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

My name is Jessica and my husband is from Iran. We got married this past March. We immediately started the application process for him coming to join me in the United States. We were pleasantly surprised when we received approval for our I-130 this past Monday- we thought we would not hear anything for another 5 months. I am going on Tuesday to talk with our lawyer about what comes next with the NVC- how long were most people in that process? I called the Senator's office for my state this past Tuesday and the Middle Eastern rep said that once we get out of NVC we can expect it being at least a year before he can join me. It was very discouraging (especially after the joy of Monday). I want to push our lawyer to get our travel ban waiver packet together to submit during our NVC stage and also doing things like filling out the DS-5535 form now- does anyone have any other thoughts or advice? So glad to have this group- I have been feeling very alone in this situation- none of my family or friends understand this process and I am having to figure it out on my own. 

-Jess 

P.S. I have never been on a forum before- so hopefully I am doing this correctly :) 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:32 AM, lorene21 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am writing to know 1) how everyone is doing and  2) how long have you all been waiting for in Administrative Processing. It would be useful to know so we can have a better idea of how long we are suppose to wait for an answer. Thank you so much! 

I only waited like two months, then they asked me to file 601, I just got my 601 approved . I'm waiting to see what is next

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ardilla818 said:

I only waited like two months, then they asked me to file 601, I just got my 601 approved . I'm waiting to see what is next

Hi Ardilla818,

What country are you from? Where did you interview and did you have any special circumstances on your case? 2 months seems very short!!!  That's encouraging.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

20 minutes ago, NJ515 said:

Hi Ardilla818,

What country are you from? Where did you interview and did you have any special circumstances on your case? 2 months seems very short!!!  That's encouraging.

My husband is from Mexico. I expediate his 601 application based on crime, daughters asthma, me working OT to sustain two homes , high credit card  balances , house mortgage. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ardilla818 said:

My husband is from Mexico. I expediate his 601 application based on crime, daughters asthma, me working OT to sustain two homes , high credit card  balances , house mortgage. 

Ahh, well that's great. I think this post is more for people impacted by the Trump travel ban. For us, AP is mostly taking much longer than two months. Good luck to you.

7 hours ago, JessM28 said:

Hello,

My name is Jessica and my husband is from Iran. We got married this past March. We immediately started the application process for him coming to join me in the United States. We were pleasantly surprised when we received approval for our I-130 this past Monday- we thought we would not hear anything for another 5 months. I am going on Tuesday to talk with our lawyer about what comes next with the NVC- how long were most people in that process? I called the Senator's office for my state this past Tuesday and the Middle Eastern rep said that once we get out of NVC we can expect it being at least a year before he can join me. It was very discouraging (especially after the joy of Monday). I want to push our lawyer to get our travel ban waiver packet together to submit during our NVC stage and also doing things like filling out the DS-5535 form now- does anyone have any other thoughts or advice? So glad to have this group- I have been feeling very alone in this situation- none of my family or friends understand this process and I am having to figure it out on my own. 

-Jess 

P.S. I have never been on a forum before- so hopefully I am doing this correctly :) 

Welcome. Its understandable that you want to get everything submitted before Interview, but that will not help. They wont create your DOS file until the interview happens and the consular officer requests an SAO on your husbands behalf. It sucks, but it is the way it is. As of now, waivers are taking between 12 and 24 months after interview. I have yet to see an Iranian spouse who interviewed in 2018 be granted a visa without a medical exception. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, JessM28 said:

Hello,

-Jess 

Hi Jessica,

Definitely start getting the info that's needed for the DS-5535. Some of it can be hard to acquire, especially if he has significant travel. It seems that each consulate has created their own form for people to fill out that is derived from the 5535 but is not exactly it. I've seen three different locally generated forms from Jordan, Malaysia, and Germany and they all ask for the same info and all want applicants to email them the data after the interview, at which point your case will be placed into AP.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, salhasl said:

Welcome. Its understandable that you want to get everything submitted before Interview, but that will not help. They wont create your DOS file until the interview happens and the consular officer requests an SAO on your husbands behalf. It sucks, but it is the way it is. As of now, waivers are taking between 12 and 24 months after interview. I have yet to see an Iranian spouse who interviewed in 2018 be granted a visa without a medical exception. 

Thank you for replying- even though the news is so discouraging. I am still trying to fully understand the system and how every thing works. So the others that did not get medical exceptions were they denied or just kept on AP? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NJ515 said:

Hi Jessica,

Definitely start getting the info that's needed for the DS-5535. Some of it can be hard to acquire, especially if he has significant travel. It seems that each consulate has created their own form for people to fill out that is derived from the 5535 but is not exactly it. I've seen three different locally generated forms from Jordan, Malaysia, and Germany and they all ask for the same info and all want applicants to email them the data after the interview, at which point your case will be placed into AP.

Thank you so much for your information- that is good to know. 

1 hour ago, JessM28 said:

Thank you for replying- even though the news is so discouraging. I am still trying to fully understand the system and how every thing works. So the others that did not get medical exceptions were they denied or just kept on AP? 

They are all in AP and waiting. A few of them are members on this board. You will find them if you go into timelines and search under Iran. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm Iranian and I petitioned for a K1 visa for my Iranian fiance in January 2016. He went to his interview in Abu Dhabi July 2016 and his case has been in administrative processing since then.  We have not been asked for any additional information since his interview. Before the supreme court made the final decision on the ban, I had emailed the embassy several times, but they never replied to any of my emails. Since the supreme court's ruling, I haven't contacted the embassy at all, because I've been afraid to bring any attention to the case...I'd  rather his case stays in administrative processing than for it to be denied 😞 I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or any good news. I've pretty much lost all hope. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.