2,056 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NJ515 said:

That could be right... let's see.  !!!

We need a response from everyone here who’s is AP. Mention your embassy, last update, and how long ya’ll been waiting. We possibly could figure out if it applies to certain embassies or depending on the length of the case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, Ali333 said:

Does the Automatic System mean it’ll take less time to process cases and visas ??? Or is it just something to keep ppl with hope ?

Very little is known about the new system. It somehow magically checks your twitter and instagram for bad content... ;)

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

2 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

Does the Automatic System mean it’ll take less time to process cases and visas ??? Or is it just something to keep ppl with hope ?

Apparently visas were issued a lot in July because some embassies started using the automatic system (remember that email from the Kulalumbor embassy?). It mentioned that it WILL process cases faster.

Very little is known about the new system. It somehow magically checks your twitter and instagram for bad content... ;)

I don’t know if my situation is different from yours guys !! The embassy called me and asked me to send my passport a month ago .. and my passport has been at the embassy for 19 days so far and I got 7 updates in the mean time all showed AP !!!

Timeline
Just now, Ali333 said:

I don’t know if my situation is different from yours guys !! The embassy called me and asked me to send my passport a month ago .. and my passport has been at the embassy for 19 days so far and I got 7 updates in the mean time all showed AP !!!

It's different.. we haven't heard from the embassy in Germany at all. Just the generic response when I've inquired regarding our status.

2 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

You will get it soon IA. a guy form Yemen had the same situation and got his passport back with visa on it after 23 days form sending it. 

It's different.. we haven't heard from the embassy in Germany at all. Just the generic response when I've inquired regarding our status.

So how long do you think it’d take to process my case and return my passport ?? And why do you think they asked me to send my passport as they already have a copy of it and my other documents???

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ali333 said:

Omg I hope so .. this made my heart beat very fast .. i with for good news for all of you too guys 

yeah man let us know.  they wouldn't take your passport just to deny you.  they would just have denied you via email.

as for how long it takes... there is no way to know. Each embassy is different and the workflow process isn't really standardized from what I can tell. Get your petitioner/partner to have their congressman make an inquiry after a month or so.

2 minutes ago, NJ515 said:

yeah man let us know.  they wouldn't take your passport just to deny you.  they would just have denied you via email.

as for how long it takes... there is no way to know. Each embassy is different and the workflow process isn't really standardized from what I can tell. Get your petitioner/partner to have their congressman make an inquiry after a month or so.

My wife “ petitioner “ said no need to get a congressman involved before 60 days are passed from the time they got my passport. That’s what they wrote on their website too . So we’ll see  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Good luck to everybody we are still on AP in Ankara Turkey. Waiting stillllll. I just wish they would tell us at least steps on this AP so we could at least know something. Wish luck to everybody and us. 

32 minutes ago, MariamArab said:

Good luck to everybody we are still on AP in Ankara Turkey. Waiting stillllll. I just wish they would tell us at least steps on this AP so we could at least know something. Wish luck to everybody and us. 

Did you get an update on the CEAC website on August 15?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MonHad said:

Did you get an update on the CEAC website on August 15?

No, no update since Aug 9, are you in Ankara?

Edited by MariamArab

1 minute ago, MariamArab said:

No, no update since Aug 9

A lot of people got an update on Aug 15 including my wife’s. I am kind of surprised because I know the Riyadh embassy, where my wife interviewed, is closed for eid this whole week! 

The updates occurred around 11:30PM eastern time zone. Who actually created the updates? We don’t know!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.