2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 8/5/2019 at 6:16 AM, JessM28 said:

I just heard back from our embassy (Madrid) and they confirmed that the automated system has been implemented! We are still in AP and still waiting but I am glad that they finally confirmed. I really feel that it must just have started in the past month- because last month they did not respond to my question about the system and then I have heard of an increase in visas- hopefully we will hear good news soon!

Dear Mrs. B.:

That system has been implemented, we are still waiting for the administrative processing pending in your spouse´s case.

We will contact you when we receive any response.

Regards.

Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy Madrid

Hi Jess,

It seems like not all US consulate know about this process

I did sent same email asking about the new process  to the US consulate in Brazil yesterday and they said "We did not receive any official information about this new mention process"

This is Rio De Janeiro US consulate 

My fiancée's case is being handled by the Riyadh Embassy. We've emailed them to both check on the status of our case and ask about this new system being implemented

The response we received was that our case was still under mandatory administrative processing.

Has anyone heard back from the Riyadh Embassy if they are aware of this new system or have implemented it?

By the way I got an update on CEAC the day they responded but I think that's just for the response because there have been no updates since then.

I'm just hoping all the embassies hear about this soon and implement it. It's unclear to me if the embassy implements this can they bypass the waiver review happening in Washington and just issue the visa themselves? It seems in some cases this is happening but in others it's not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yazy said:

Hi,

This is my first post but not my first time in this thread.

I wish luck to all of us who are stuck in this process

My Syrian fiance lives in Brazil. He had his interview for K1 visa on May 2019. He hold  a Syrian passport.

The interview went well but they said due to the travel ban we will need more information.  

They did ask us twice for the supplement  form. We did submit a physical copy during the interview, then they emailed us a set of questions and after that they emailed us the form to fill out and send to them.

Our case hasn't been updated since June. and all of their responses to my emails are general response.

I did ask them whether they did implemented a new automated process and they said :

(We did not receive any official information about this new mention process.

According to our records, your case is under adminitrative processing which we must conclude before we can adjudicate a visa.)

I don't think there are any applicants from the travel ban countries live in Brazil and not sure if the consulate will get an updates about new procedures.

Is there a way to know how the consulate is processing the AP?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Yazy said:

Hi Jess,

It seems like not all US consulate know about this process

I did sent same email asking about the new process  to the US consulate in Brazil yesterday and they said "We did not receive any official information about this new mention process"

This is Rio De Janeiro US consulate 

I am afraid I don't have an answer for you- I am completely confounded and ashamed of how this whole process works! I agree that I have not heard of any other Brazil Travel ban cases- so it could be that they are less familiar with the process. The good thing is that you have made them aware- so hopefully they will ask some questions. If I were you- I would recommend that reach out to one of your members of Congress (do a little research and see if there is a Senator or someone who is more supportive of immigrants) and ask them to check in with the embassy and ask the question. The embassies will sometimes provide members of Congress with more information than they do to us... I don't think that you will be able to find out more of your end at this point. I will say when I first contacted the Madrid embassy about this that they did not answer  my questions- but then when I asked the second time and sent the info in my previous post they finally responded and confirmed they had moved to the automated system. So I would wait a month and then contact and ask them again. Hope it helps- all these unknowns are enough to make us all crazy but we have to keep the faith that things will work out in the end! 

IT does not matter that the embassy does not know about the process. The embassy has nothing to do with the process. If you pester the embassy with constant emails, they will ignore you. All you should do with the embassy is email them once a month to keep a paper trail. Embassy only gets a notification that the AP is complete and approval to print visa. Automated process is implemented at the DOS level in Washington. 

A majority of the times, I have found embassies to be very sympathetic to applicants. I think they stop responding when people constantly email them. I have seen this first hand. 

Remember, the biggest culprit here is the DOS in DC. Embassies actually have a very clear process. Request waiver, wait for DOS, print visa on approval. I have actually seen embassies print visas the same day so people don't have to wait for a holiday in case where automated system says no AP needed. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JessM28 said:

I am afraid I don't have an answer for you- I am completely confounded and ashamed of how this whole process works! I agree that I have not heard of any other Brazil Travel ban cases- so it could be that they are less familiar with the process. The good thing is that you have made them aware- so hopefully they will ask some questions. If I were you- I would recommend that reach out to one of your members of Congress (do a little research and see if there is a Senator or someone who is more supportive of immigrants) and ask them to check in with the embassy and ask the question. The embassies will sometimes provide members of Congress with more information than they do to us... I don't think that you will be able to find out more of your end at this point. I will say when I first contacted the Madrid embassy about this that they did not answer  my questions- but then when I asked the second time and sent the info in my previous post they finally responded and confirmed they had moved to the automated system. So I would wait a month and then contact and ask them again. Hope it helps- all these unknowns are enough to make us all crazy but we have to keep the faith that things will work out in the end! 

Hi Jess,

My congresswomen did talk to them and they didn't provide any information. But I let the congressional office  knows that there is a new process and what Rio consulate said about the new automated process. They will try to find more information about how the case's been handled.

This is what is driving me  crazy.. nothing is clear and everything is vague. our lives on hold pretty much.

I just wish if they at least tell us where are we in the process.

Praying  this nightmare will end soon for all of us

I’d agree that AP is handled by DOS in DC , but what I noticed from my case is that all updates of my CEAC happens on time of my embassy “ Amman “ not time of DC .. what I mean whenever I check for updates it happens in the morning or moon or even afternoon time of the embassy which is still night in DC !!! 

Im not sure if im still under AP in DC or not as the embassy called me 11 days ago and asked me to send my passport then called me again about a week ago and asked for some extra info .. and I’ve go 5 updates in these 11 days but all still show AP . 

3 hours ago, Ammer said:

My fiancée's case is being handled by the Riyadh Embassy. We've emailed them to both check on the status of our case and ask about this new system being implemented

The response we received was that our case was still under mandatory administrative processing.

Has anyone heard back from the Riyadh Embassy if they are aware of this new system or have implemented it?

By the way I got an update on CEAC the day they responded but I think that's just for the response because there have been no updates since then.

I'm just hoping all the embassies hear about this soon and implement it. It's unclear to me if the embassy implements this can they bypass the waiver review happening in Washington and just issue the visa themselves? It seems in some cases this is happening but in others it's not.

I asked them too , they gave me same reply

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yazy said:

Hi Jess,

My congresswomen did talk to them and they didn't provide any information. But I let the congressional office  knows that there is a new process and what Rio consulate said about the new automated process. They will try to find more information about how the case's been handled.

This is what is driving me  crazy.. nothing is clear and everything is vague. our lives on hold pretty much.

I just wish if they at least tell us where are we in the process.

Praying  this nightmare will end soon for all of us

Sounds like you are doing all the right things and trying your best- which is all we can do in this situation. I hope that your Congresswoman can find out more information on your behalf. Just keep on the embassy. 

Timeline

Hi,

This was just posted on Immigrants United (Facebook group)- thought that some of you newer to the travel ban might find it helpful. Lotfi is one of the lawyers helping to fight the government in one of the cases against the travel ban. 

-Jess 

Lotfi-Legal-LLC-FAQ-Immigration-Travel-Ban-compressed.pdf

Hi all,

I applied for my fiance in Riyadh and have been on AP for over a year, recently they asked my fiance to update paperwork and then they said they would contact him to schedule for a re oath. They still haven't contacted him for a reoath. Has this happened to anyone else? How long should we expect to wait? and does this mean he will be issued the visa soon?

Thanks

Timeline
Just now, 997 said:

Hi all,

I applied for my fiance in Riyadh and have been on AP for over a year, recently they asked my fiance to update paperwork and then they said they would contact him to schedule for a re oath. They still haven't contacted him for a reoath. Has this happened to anyone else? How long should we expect to wait? and does this mean he will be issued the visa soon?

Thanks

Probably, although we don't know. So far we know that more and more people are getting visas lately than any month prior. If it has been more than a year then yes he will have to do another interview, and probably medical and all of that stuff. Please let us know how it goes.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

16 minutes ago, 997 said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Hello , it happened to my friend, they called him tell him to do a new medical and police clearance and to send his passport so he did , ,then his laywer emailed the embassy so they schedule3: an oath interview, so probably you need to contact them

or let your congressman or laywer contacting them

Thanks 

Edited by A&M24

32 minutes ago, A&M24 said:

Hello , it happened to my friend, they called him tell him to do a new medical and police clearance and to send his passport so he did , ,then his laywer emailed the embassy so they schedule3: an oath interview, so probably you need to contact them

or let your congressman or laywer contacting them

Thanks 

Thanks for responses

So they didn't ask for his passport just for medical and police clearance to be updated. And they asked where my fiance resides, he resides in Jeddah and so they said they will forward his contact information to the consulate in Jeddah and the Jeddah consulate will contact him for a re oath. It's been almost 3 weeks since that, and I have emailed the Riyadh embassy again but they just tell me that the Jeddah consulate will contact him. I don't have an email for Jeddah consulate so I'm not sure how long we should wait.

How long after did their lawyer contact the embassy for the oath interview? 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, 997 said:

Thanks for responses

So they didn't ask for his passport just for medical and police clearance to be updated. And they asked where my fiance resides, he resides in Jeddah and so they said they will forward his contact information to the consulate in Jeddah and the Jeddah consulate will contact him for a re oath. It's been almost 3 weeks since that, and I have emailed the Riyadh embassy again but they just tell me that the Jeddah consulate will contact him. I don't have an email for Jeddah consulate so I'm not sure how long we should wait.

How long after did their lawyer contact the embassy for the oath interview? 

Well, I haven’t been hearing the best news for fiancé K visas AP. My wife interviewed last December in Riyadh and we’re still in AP, of course!

K visas normally take well over a year. My friend’s fiancé has been under AP for 15 months now, she’s Iraqi and interviewed in Beirut! 

Every time you email the embassy in Riyadh, you will get a “your case is still under mandatory administrative processing “, signature “AZ”. That’s if you get a response!

Timeline

Hello all,

Our lawyer filed a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit yesterday for a group of us that are trying to bring Syrian family to the US. If you want to follow what is happening, the lawyers website is updated promptly after a new filing or court decision is made.  Here's the link:  https://curtismorrisonlaw.com/jamal-v-pompeo

I know that it might seem like things are changing regarding getting waivers, but we decided to move forward anyways. 

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.