2,056 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

Everything is really vague and unclear regarding the visa process and it differs from one embassy to another.. may I ask you what nationality is your wife and where did she have her interview?? And did they ever asked her to send her passport to the embassy or not ???

2 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

I think Riyadh embassy is just taking time to process things .. you’ll be fine just be patient 

I’ve been patient and I try to remain that way! I think they process IR-1 faster than CR-1. My wife’s is a CR-1

Just now, MonHad said:

I’ve been patient and I try to remain that way! I think they process IR-1 faster than CR-1. My wife’s is a CR-1

I think Visa Type has nothing to do with that .. every case is different and unique from other cases .. most importantly be patient and 

keep faith.. generally things have improved recently which is a good sign 

2 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

I think Visa Type has nothing to do with that .. every case is different and unique from other cases .. most importantly be patient and 

keep faith.. generally things have improved recently which is a good sign 

The thing is, we’ll never solve thins mystery!! I’ve been on AP for eight months, I know people that got their visa within 4 months and some waited a year. My brother’s wife got the visa without going through AP at all!! All Yemenis and all from Riyadh. What’s the formula here?!

5 minutes ago, MonHad said:

The thing is, we’ll never solve thins mystery!! I’ve been on AP for eight months, I know people that got their visa within 4 months and some waited a year. My brother’s wife got the visa without going through AP at all!! All Yemenis and all from Riyadh. What’s the formula here?!

Your brother’s wife got the visa without AP ?? How ? I mean after she had her interview did they immediately ask her to leave her passport at the embassy or they have called her after s short period of time to send the passport the the embassy ??And  how long did it take to get her visa issued after the interview?

1 minute ago, Ali333 said:

Your brother’s wife got the visa without AP ?? How ? I mean after she had her interview did they immediately ask her to leave her passport at the embassy or they have called her after s short period of time to send the passport the the embassy ??And  how long did it take to get her visa issued after the interview?

Well yes. She interviewed on June 3rd, 2019. Got the 221g refusal at the interview and left with her passport. They kept emailing her for a copy of her passport (so they can send the DS-5535 to fill). Fortunately, her passport was getting renewed at the yemeni embassy. They ended up calling my brother telling him to send the passport with a new I-864 joint sponsor. He got the passport back (from the Yemeni embassy) and submitted it on July 5th. Visa was issued on July 15th and received on July 21. 

2 minutes ago, MonHad said:

Well yes. She interviewed on June 3rd, 2019. Got the 221g refusal at the interview and left with her passport. They kept emailing her for a copy of her passport (so they can send the DS-5535 to fill). Fortunately, her passport was getting renewed at the yemeni embassy. They ended up calling my brother telling him to send the passport with a new I-864 joint sponsor. He got the passport back (from the Yemeni embassy) and submitted it on July 5th. Visa was issued on July 15th and received on July 21. 

THe reason why I’m asking you is that my case is a bit similar to your brother’s wife’s case .. I had my interview in Amman on the 26th of June and got a call from the embassy on the 17th of July asking me to send my passport to the embassy and so I did .. they got my passport on the 28th of July and the day they got my passport they changed my CEAC from “ Refused “ into “ AP “ and I’ve got 3 newer updates after that I’m a week and the last one was on the 4th of August and all updates were “ AP “ .. I also got a call on from the embassy 4 days after they got my passport asking me for some extra info .. and I’m still waiting for some good news From them .. it’s been 11 days since they got my passport .. what makes me feel nervous and confused is that I don’t know if asking for my passport means they’ll issue my visa or not ??

30 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

THe reason why I’m asking you is that my case is a bit similar to your brother’s wife’s case .. I had my interview in Amman on the 26th of June and got a call from the embassy on the 17th of July asking me to send my passport to the embassy and so I did .. they got my passport on the 28th of July and the day they got my passport they changed my CEAC from “ Refused “ into “ AP “ and I’ve got 3 newer updates after that I’m a week and the last one was on the 4th of August and all updates were “ AP “ .. I also got a call on from the embassy 4 days after they got my passport asking me for some extra info .. and I’m still waiting for some good news From them .. it’s been 11 days since they got my passport .. what makes me feel nervous and confused is that I don’t know if asking for my passport means they’ll issue my visa or not ??

It’s a bit concerning that they didn’t issue your visa yet. I know a guy in Riyadh also who’s wife was asked to send the passport after the interview. Then they called her asking for a “WhatsApp” report that shows her contacting her husband in the previous period. A month later she got her passport back with no visa and thrown into AP to this moment!

1 minute ago, MonHad said:

It’s a bit concerning that they didn’t issue your visa yet. I know a guy in Riyadh also who’s wife was asked to send the passport after the interview. Then they called her asking for a “WhatsApp” report that shows her contacting her husband in the previous period. A month later she got her passport back with no visa and thrown into AP to this moment!

Well we’ll see how things will go with me .. I’ll keep you all updated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi,

This is my first post but not my first time in this thread.

I wish luck to all of us who are stuck in this process

My Syrian fiance lives in Brazil. He had his interview for K1 visa on May 2019. He hold  a Syrian passport.

The interview went well but they said due to the travel ban we will need more information.  

They did ask us twice for the supplement  form. We did submit a physical copy during the interview, then they emailed us a set of questions and after that they emailed us the form to fill out and send to them.

Our case hasn't been updated since June. and all of their responses to my emails are general response.

I did ask them whether they did implemented a new automated process and they said :

(We did not receive any official information about this new mention process.

According to our records, your case is under adminitrative processing which we must conclude before we can adjudicate a visa.)

I don't think there are any applicants from the travel ban countries live in Brazil and not sure if the consulate will get an updates about new procedures.

Is there a way to know how the consulate is processing the AP?

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.