2,056 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, JessM28 said:

I had come across this (see below) a while back from the Department of State. I also figured that it meant it (the new automated system) was a system that would impact everyone but on re-reading it- it does seem to only apply to travel ban cases. Although the document is also specifically about the travel ban so that could be why too. Who knows- but I have been hearing about some Iranians (including a dear friend of mine) finally getting their visas in July- so hopefully we will all hear good news soon. I specifically wrote to my embassy last month and quoted the below information but they did not answer my question. This month I emailed them and sent the passage of the email from the Kuala Lumpur Embassy and asked if they had moved to the automated system too- we will see if they actually answer my question this time or not (not holding my breath). 

From the Department of State:
At the time PP 9645 came into effect, the Department of State determined that, until an automated enhanced screening and vetting process could be put into place, applicants for visas subject to PP 9645 who are being considered for a waiver under Section 3(c) of the Proclamation should undergo a post-interview interagency security review to resolve whether their entry would not pose a threat to the national security or public safety. At present, much of the enhanced screening and vetting process is manual. Currently, there are more than 12,000 PP 9645 cases undergoing this review as part of consideration for a waiver under the Proclamation. Meanwhile, since the March 6, 2017 memorandum, the Department has been diligently working with interagency partners to strengthen the automated screening and vetting process. We currently envision a procedure for PP 9645 cases that will include enhanced automated front-end (pre-interview) screening to determine whether any additional review is required related to determine whether the applicant has satisfied the national security and public safety waiver criterion. When fully operational later this fiscal year, the new automated system should significantly increase the speed and efficiency of the vetting process for both current and future waiver cases while maintaining all security standards.
From: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/presidentialproclamation/Combined%20-%20Report%20on%20Implementation%20of%20PP%209645%20December%2007%202017%20to%20March%2031%202019.pdf

Thank you I emailed my embassy 3 times not a single reply

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, fakeeh said:

Thank you I emailed my embassy 3 times not a single reply

I just heard back from our embassy (Madrid) and they confirmed that the automated system has been implemented! We are still in AP and still waiting but I am glad that they finally confirmed. I really feel that it must just have started in the past month- because last month they did not respond to my question about the system and then I have heard of an increase in visas- hopefully we will hear good news soon!

Dear Mrs. B.:

That system has been implemented, we are still waiting for the administrative processing pending in your spouse´s case.

We will contact you when we receive any response.

Regards.

Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy Madrid

4 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

I just heard back from our embassy (Madrid) and they confirmed that the automated system has been implemented! We are still in AP and still waiting but I am glad that they finally confirmed. I really feel that it must just have started in the past month- because last month they did not respond to my question about the system and then I have heard of an increase in visas- hopefully we will hear good news soon!

Dear Mrs. B.:

That system has been implemented, we are still waiting for the administrative processing pending in your spouse´s case.

Regards.

Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy Madrid

Congrats .. did the embassy ask for your passport or do they already have it ??

1 hour ago, JessM28 said:

Dear Mrs. B.:

Regards.

Immigrant Visa Unit
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy Madrid

excellent please keep us posted in case on any update on your case.

for me nothing so far.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ali333 said:

Congrats .. did the embassy ask for your passport or do they already have it ??

2 minutes ago, fakeeh said:

excellent please keep us posted in case on any update on your case.

for me nothing so far.

No- I think since we are still in AP they won't ask for the passport until they actually clear my husband for a visa. 

I will keep you all posted. I forwarded the email to one of the immigration reps in my local Congressman's office to see if he had any thoughts or had heard any thing. I will let you know if he has any additional information. 

2 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

No- I think since we are still in AP they won't ask for the passport until they actually clear my husband for a visa. 

I will keep you all posted. I forwarded the email to one of the immigration reps in my local Congressman's office to see if he had any thoughts or had heard any thing. I will let you know if he has any additional information. 

My case is CR-1 and I had my interview about 2 months ago .. and a while ago the embassy in Amman where I had my interview called me and asked me to send my passport and I did send it .. it arrived at the embassy 9 days ago and the day they got my passport they changed my CEAC from “ Refused “ to “ Administrative Processing “ .. and since then I’ve got 4 updates and all showed “ Administrative Processing “ . 

Still not sure how long will it take them to return my passport and whether asking me to send my passport means they’re going to issue my visa or not !??!?!?

FYI , they also called me about 5 days ago and asked for some more details about me . 

So what do you think???

44 minutes ago, Ali333 said:

My case is CR-1 and I had my interview about 2 months ago .. and a while ago the embassy in Amman where I had my interview called me and asked me to send my passport and I did send it .. it arrived at the embassy 9 days ago and the day they got my passport they changed my CEAC from “ Refused “ to “ Administrative Processing “ .. and since then I’ve got 4 updates and all showed “ Administrative Processing “ . 

Still not sure how long will it take them to return my passport and whether asking me to send my passport means they’re going to issue my visa or not !??!?!?

FYI , they also called me about 5 days ago and asked for some more details about me . 

So what do you think???

just wait dont ask for your passprot back. i dont want to disappoint you but they asked for my passport before and medical and everything then they retrun my passport without a visa and since then it is ap again. it was ap before then asked for passport then return passport with no visa then ap again.

37 minutes ago, fakeeh said:

just wait dont ask for your passprot back. i dont want to disappoint you but they asked for my passport before and medical and everything then they retrun my passport without a visa and since then it is ap again. it was ap before then asked for passport then return passport with no visa then ap again.

I’m attracting my passport with a visa on it so I’m sure I’ll get it eventually.. I’ll keep you updated and I wish you the best 

1 hour ago, Ali333 said:

I’m attracting my passport with a visa on it so I’m sure I’ll get it eventually.. I’ll keep you updated and I wish you the best 

@Ali333 You seem to be in a much better position than many of us. Stay positive, I'm sure you'll get your visa soon :) Good luck !

In our case, we've got 5 updates within the last month of so. We're waiting patiently for any news !

1 minute ago, Mnj11 said:

@Ali333 You seem to be in a much better position than many of us. Stay positive, I'm sure you'll get your visa soon :) Good luck !

In our case, we've got 5 updates within the last month of so. We're waiting patiently for any news !

Yeah I’m trying to be positive .. negativity will bring me nothing but more frustration.. where did you have your interview?? And did the embassy contact you and asked for your passport ?? 

I hope you too will hear good news soon 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ali333 said:

So what do you think???

It certainly sounds promising. 

I also heard from a friend this morning and their visa is finally ready- it really seems like things are starting to turn for the better. Keep the faith!

41 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

It certainly sounds promising. 

I also heard from a friend this morning and their visa is finally ready- it really seems like things are starting to turn for the better. Keep the faith!

I hope so .. would you pls ask your friend some questions for me ?? 

Where was his interview was ? 

Did the embassy call him and asked him to send his passport?? And how long did it take to return him the passport?? 

Mill be so obliged if you ask him these questions and get back to me when possible.

Hello everyone,

Do the updates on the CEAC website really mean anything? Because my wife interviewed in December and she got one update on January 7, 2019.

I admit it bothered me not seeing any updates after that until I got the senator contacting the embassy on July 28, 2019. Then we got the update. I mean are updates normally related to contacting the embassy or it is progress in the case?

1 minute ago, MonHad said:

Hello everyone,

Do the updates on the CEAC website really mean anything? Because my wife interviewed in December and she got one update on January 7, 2019.

I admit it bothered me not seeing any updates after that until I got the senator contacting the embassy on July 28, 2019. Then we got the update. I mean are updates normally related to contacting the embassy or it is progress in the case?

Everything is really vague and unclear regarding the visa process and it differs from one embassy to another.. may I ask you what nationality is your wife and where did she have her interview?? And did they ever asked her to send her passport to the embassy or not ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.