2,056 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Issam1984 said:

Hi, when do the visa numbers for July come out? it seems like there were many Syrians got called to send their passports to the embassy in July .. looks like things are getting better hopefully for everyone

Does asking for passport by the embassy mean the applicant is gonna get the visa ?? In normal cases I know it does . But could that be applied to travel ban waiver cases ??? 

3 hours ago, Issam1984 said:

Hi, when do the visa numbers for July come out? it seems like there were many Syrians got called to send their passports to the embassy in July .. looks like things are getting better hopefully for everyone

Many Iranians too. Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend. Up until June, the only visas that got issued were the ones that had medical exceptions, filed lawsuits, or got picked up in the news. For example, for Iran, between Dec 2017 to March 2019, only 10 visas were issued for IR1 cases subject to travel ban [10 visas in 1.5 years !!] , 376 were put in AP. But the good news is, I have personally seen atleast half a dozen IR1s in July itself for Iran, just from Abu Dhabi. So July numbers, when they come out, will be a welcome relief. BUT - we dont know if this pace will continue, because I think what happened is they introduced an automated system, ran everyone through it, and handed out visas to people who they think are low risk (most visas I have seen are female, or parents). So I dont know if this is a one time surge and then it slows down to a trickle again.

2 hours ago, salhasl said:

Many Iranians too. Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend. Up until June, the only visas that got issued were the ones that had medical exceptions, filed lawsuits, or got picked up in the news. For example, for Iran, between Dec 2017 to March 2019, only 10 visas were issued for IR1 cases subject to travel ban [10 visas in 1.5 years !!] , 376 were put in AP. But the good news is, I have personally seen atleast half a dozen IR1s in July itself for Iran, just from Abu Dhabi. So July numbers, when they come out, will be a welcome relief. BUT - we dont know if this pace will continue, because I think what happened is they introduced an automated system, ran everyone through it, and handed out visas to people who they think are low risk (most visas I have seen are female, or parents). So I dont know if this is a one time surge and then it slows down to a trickle again.

is there any thing offical about this new system i mean did you find something offical about it.

i am also Abu dhabi my case never updated from may/2018 uless i send email and last 3 month i sent 3 emails and it was never updated.

i am not from ban country

16 minutes ago, fakeeh said:

is there any thing offical about this new system i mean did you find something offical about it.

i am also Abu dhabi my case never updated from may/2018 uless i send email and last 3 month i sent 3 emails and it was never updated.

i am not from ban country

You are not from a banned country, so this wont apply to you. Its only for travel ban cases. 

But here is the official response from Kuala Lumpur embassy. 

Presidential Proclamation 9645
 On December 8, 2017, the Departments of State and Homeland Security began implementing travel restrictions for nationals of Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen under Presidential Proclamation 9645 (PP 9645).  Waivers are available, but the process has proven to be quite lengthy. Recently, however, the Department of State began implementing a procedure for PP 9645 cases that includes enhanced automated front-end (pre-interview) screening to determine whether any additional review is required related to determine whether the applicant has satisfied the national security and public safety waiver criterion. This new automated system, which is now fully operational, should significantly increase the speed and efficiency of the vetting process for both current and future waiver cases while maintaining all security standards. Due to the large quantity of PP 9645-related cases that U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur must adjudicate, we ask your patience as we work to effectuate the changes, and ask that you please refrain from emailing the U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur Consular Section with general questions related to this directive.  If a waiver is granted in your case, we will notify you immediately; there is no need for you to inquire about your status.

•  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 8/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, salhasl said:

You are not from a banned country, so this wont apply to you. Its only for travel ban cases. 

But here is the official response from Kuala Lumpur embassy. 

Presidential Proclamation 9645
 On December 8, 2017, the Departments of State and Homeland Security began implementing travel restrictions for nationals of Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen under Presidential Proclamation 9645 (PP 9645).  Waivers are available, but the process has proven to be quite lengthy. Recently, however, the Department of State began implementing a procedure for PP 9645 cases that includes enhanced automated front-end (pre-interview) screening to determine whether any additional review is required related to determine whether the applicant has satisfied the national security and public safety waiver criterion. This new automated system, which is now fully operational, should significantly increase the speed and efficiency of the vetting process for both current and future waiver cases while maintaining all security standards. Due to the large quantity of PP 9645-related cases that U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur must adjudicate, we ask your patience as we work to effectuate the changes, and ask that you please refrain from emailing the U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur Consular Section with general questions related to this directive.  If a waiver is granted in your case, we will notify you immediately; there is no need for you to inquire about your status.

•  

@salhasl but maybe it is... this system is also probably going to be used for those from the other countries that have to submit the DS-5535. If so it may mean the backlog is even much larger than we can estimate.  I'm talking about anyone that has to undergo "extreme vetting."

Edited by NJ515

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

9 minutes ago, NJ515 said:

this system is also probably going to be used for those from the other countries that have to submit the DS-5535.

I have not read this anywhere. To the best of my knowledge, the automated system has only been mentioned in context of travel ban cases. It has been mentioned in the state departments report to congress about travel ban, and response from embassies specifically to travel ban affected cases. Please enlighten me if this is not the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, salhasl said:

I have not read this anywhere. To the best of my knowledge, the automated system has only been mentioned in context of travel ban cases. It has been mentioned in the state departments report to congress about travel ban, and response from embassies specifically to travel ban affected cases. Please enlighten me if this is not the case.

You're right, I haven't seen it specifically mentioned for everyone that has to submit the DS-5535, but I don't think it's a stretch to assume it's used for other applicants than those in AP from the ban. As you know, the State Department isn't very forthcoming in its procedures unless forced, so I will admit it's just my hunch for now.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

3 minutes ago, fakeeh said:

actually for me i dont believe there is such system things are still manual. other that this email there is nothing official online actually when i search this system was suggested before but was rejected due to the fact that A.I or automatic system could make mistakes.

My case got updated 4 times in almost a week !! It used to show “ Refused “ then the day they got my passport changed it into “ Administrative Processing “ then after that it was updated 3 times onto “ Administrative Processing “ too the last update was just today !!! 

What does that mean ???

4 hours ago, Ali333 said:

My case got updated 4 times in almost a week !! It used to show “ Refused “ then the day they got my passport changed it into “ Administrative Processing “ then after that it was updated 3 times onto “ Administrative Processing “ too the last update was just today !!! 

What does that mean ???

They are working on it so hopefully you will get it soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
18 hours ago, NJ515 said:

You're right, I haven't seen it specifically mentioned for everyone that has to submit the DS-5535, but I don't think it's a stretch to assume it's used for other applicants than those in AP from the ban. As you know, the State Department isn't very forthcoming in its procedures unless forced, so I will admit it's just my hunch for now.

11 hours ago, fakeeh said:

actually for me i dont believe there is such system things are still manual. other that this email there is nothing official online actually when i search this system was suggested before but was rejected due to the fact that A.I or automatic system could make mistakes.

I had come across this (see below) a while back from the Department of State. I also figured that it meant it (the new automated system) was a system that would impact everyone but on re-reading it- it does seem to only apply to travel ban cases. Although the document is also specifically about the travel ban so that could be why too. Who knows- but I have been hearing about some Iranians (including a dear friend of mine) finally getting their visas in July- so hopefully we will all hear good news soon. I specifically wrote to my embassy last month and quoted the below information but they did not answer my question. This month I emailed them and sent the passage of the email from the Kuala Lumpur Embassy and asked if they had moved to the automated system too- we will see if they actually answer my question this time or not (not holding my breath). 

From the Department of State:
At the time PP 9645 came into effect, the Department of State determined that, until an automated enhanced screening and vetting process could be put into place, applicants for visas subject to PP 9645 who are being considered for a waiver under Section 3(c) of the Proclamation should undergo a post-interview interagency security review to resolve whether their entry would not pose a threat to the national security or public safety. At present, much of the enhanced screening and vetting process is manual. Currently, there are more than 12,000 PP 9645 cases undergoing this review as part of consideration for a waiver under the Proclamation. Meanwhile, since the March 6, 2017 memorandum, the Department has been diligently working with interagency partners to strengthen the automated screening and vetting process. We currently envision a procedure for PP 9645 cases that will include enhanced automated front-end (pre-interview) screening to determine whether any additional review is required related to determine whether the applicant has satisfied the national security and public safety waiver criterion. When fully operational later this fiscal year, the new automated system should significantly increase the speed and efficiency of the vetting process for both current and future waiver cases while maintaining all security standards.
From: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/presidentialproclamation/Combined%20-%20Report%20on%20Implementation%20of%20PP%209645%20December%2007%202017%20to%20March%2031%202019.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.