2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for TOS Violation. 

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users. Similar posts will result in admin action.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

so here is our story so far so it kind of gives everyone how our journey was. Our  interview was feb 20 and were given DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS. Our visa status read refused after the interview  until we submitted the DS-5535 then it changed into Administrative processing. nothing has changed no updates etc. Around May 20, three months after the interview I sent the Embassy an email enquiring about the case, they didn't just give me generic message. they said my case is in Washington being reviewed for waiver and they will contact me if they hear back from them. Nothing has happened after that, not even one update until I got an email from the embassy on July 1st telling us to drop the passport. maybe the fact that Malaysia don't have many people from the banned countries helped? I honestly dont know. I pray and hope everyone gets their visas soon and hope this gives all of you hope that you could be next. I know my grammar is not perfect but i tried my best to explain.

1 hour ago, gaac20 said:

so here is our story so far so it kind of gives everyone how our journey was. Our  interview was feb 20 and were given DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS. Our visa status read refused after the interview  until we submitted the DS-5535 then it changed into Administrative processing. nothing has changed no updates etc. Around May 20, three months after the interview I sent the Embassy an email enquiring about the case, they didn't just give me generic message. they said my case is in Washington being reviewed for waiver and they will contact me if they hear back from them. Nothing has happened after that, not even one update until I got an email from the embassy on July 1st telling us to drop the passport. maybe the fact that Malaysia don't have many people from the banned countries helped? I honestly dont know. I pray and hope everyone gets their visas soon and hope this gives all of you hope that you could be next. I know my grammar is not perfect but i tried my best to explain.

Somalia and Yemen seems to be faster. Iran has it worst. Syria is somewhere in between. Having lived outside the travel ban countries seems to have helped but not in Iranian cases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, Yamen Marouf said:

Hey All

I have Syrian citizenship, My wife has US citizenship, after the last ban on 2017, can i apply for I 130 Visa? many persons informed me that no chance for visa due to my passport

Also we are waiting a baby girl on October, what the situation for her about the citizenship or visa because my wife had been staying in US for more than 5 years but when she was less than 14 years old so she didn't stay the 2 years after 14.

We are living in United Arab Emirates, we appreciate your helpful answers

Best Regards

Yamen 

Yes, you can apply. 

But no one knows if you will get the visa, and how long it takes to get it. Read more on this forum for more details about the process. 

Good luck. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Yamen said:

the cases of 7 Yemeni families have been approved or adjudicated. Apparently, this the way now to lift the Dunkin’ Donuts box over our files and get them adjudicated. Other than the media coverage!! Welcome to the new immigration era!!! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/curtisatlaw

That's great for them, but it shows how ridiculous this AP wait for us all is.  If you review the Government's response at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1oob92y5Dp5ebVhPWq5lXrzrztIEXA0/view?usp=sharing, it shows that they reached out to all 7 families on 27 June. So it just took six business days to determine the national security impact of all seven applicants. So angry...

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

11 hours ago, NJ515 said:

That's great for them, but it shows how ridiculous this AP wait for us all is.  If you review the Government's response at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1oob92y5Dp5ebVhPWq5lXrzrztIEXA0/view?usp=sharing, it shows that they reached out to all 7 families on 27 June. So it just took six business days to determine the national security impact of all seven applicants. So angry...

The lawyer considering to file for a group of syrian as well. I’ve already signed up. He is seeking additional 3 families to file a lawsuit. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Yamen said:

The lawyer considering to file for a group of syrian as well. I’ve already signed up. He is seeking additional 3 families to file a lawsuit. 

@Yamen, yes I spoke with Curtis today... We're going to join it also :)   I made family #4, so just 1 more needed.

Hello guys , 

I'm American , and my wife is Syrian . She had her interview on June 25th in the US embassy in Riyadh. The consular said the application is complete . We just need the approval from DC. She also said within a month or 2 , she will get her Visa! and she gave her a refusal letter . She said this is just a routine thing not to worry about. However, I was just checking the status online . and It says REFUSED !! Last Update June 30th. 

What do u think I should do ?
Thanks 

Edited by Ameen2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

@Yamen @NJ515  Good luck and keep us updated with your cases. 

I am optimistic about it. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ameen2019 said:

Hello guys , 

I'm American , and my wife is Syrian . She had her interview on June 25th in the US embassy in Riyadh. The consular said the application is complete . We just need the approval from DC. She also said within a month or 2 , she will get her Visa! and she gave her a refusal letter . She said this is just a routine thing not to worry about. However, I was just checking the status online . and It says REFUSED !! Last Update June 30th. 

Thanks 

CEAC will show refused until they submit you for the waiver, and then it'll change to Administrative Processing. Give them all the data they asked for like social media accounts and all of that and it will change to AP shortly after.  I hope it's just 2 months for you but we haven't seen that kind of turnaround yet.  Please keep us updated.

4 hours ago, Ameen2019 said:

Hello guys , 

Thanks 

2 months is a big lie at least a year if not more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.