2,056 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Mnj11 said:

We got two updates in 10 days. It got me excited but I know that it may not mean anything at the end..such is our situation.

My husband interview in Jan 2019 and he’s been getting two to three updates a month except for May and so far June. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Anibunny said:

I think this means for those exceptions such as dual nationals, those with valid visas before the proclamation went into effect that were already in the US and such. There is a list of exceptions on state dept website under faqs about the presidential proclamation and all the exceptions are listed there

Screenshot_20190620-112040.jpg

Thanks a lot. It makes sense now. 

Edited by Nagham

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Timeline

Hello every one, 

I just came across a lawyer who informed me that he is filing lawsuit against the waiver system thing. Has anyone heard of this lawyer?: 
https://curtismorrisonlaw.com/travel-ban-litigation 

I talked to him and he said he can file a sue for a group of people to reduce the cost?! 

anyone is interested in looking into the matter? he told me that he already has two clients interested in joining the sue. 

Any thoughts? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

Hello every one, 

I just came across a lawyer who informed me that he is filing lawsuit against the waiver system thing. Has anyone heard of this lawyer?: 
https://curtismorrisonlaw.com/travel-ban-litigation 

I talked to him and he said he can file a sue for a group of people to reduce the cost?! 

anyone is interested in looking into the matter? he told me that he already has two clients interested in joining the sue. 

Any thoughts? 

Good luck with that.  This lawsuit, if successful, would likely only bring an immediate avalanche of denied waivers....... 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Good luck with that.  This lawsuit, if successful, would likely only bring an immediate avalanche of denied waivers....... 

why do you think so? denials based on what? 

4 minutes ago, missileman said:

I don't think it's as easy as that. The embassy have to provide evidence as to why waiver couldn't be granted. Then the petitioners can appeal if they're denied waivers. I think if you have the money and you've been waiting for more than a year, it's worth trying.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

why do you think so? denials based on what? 

It sounds to me as if he is attacking the timeliness of adjudications only.....not the basis of the ban (which has already been judged as legal by the Supreme Court). 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mnj11 said:

The embassy have to provide evidence as to why waiver couldn't be granted.

I would like to see a reference for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.