2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 5/31/2019 at 8:32 PM, fakeeh said:

Hi I am Jordanian not on travel ban but yet they gave me ds5535 while they gave my 2 years old the visa and return mine without visa then asked me for ds5535. My visa is ir1 no updates for 2 months still under ap. Is ds5535 for travel ban countries only? 

There is also a separate Visa Journey page for ds-5535 that might be more helpful/relevant to you. 

Timeline

My email to the embassy: 

Dear Sir/Madam,

My husband and I wanted to check about his case status (Case Number: ...) and find out how his administrative processing is going. We have seen 7 status updates since his status changed to Administrative Processing and we are anxious to know where he is in the process and the estimated time to receive good news. As we mentioned in our recent interview with CNN the unknowns of this process are so challenging. We pray that you will be able to provide answers and good news soon that we can finally live together permanently as husband and wife and be able to start our family.    

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Jessica

Their response: 

Dear Mrs. B:

Your husband´s immigrant visa application is still undergoing administrative processing. We don’t know when this processing will be complete, but we will contact you as soon as we can proceed with his application. There is additional information about administrative processing at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/frequently-asked-questions/about-basics.html.  You are welcome to contact us any time for an update.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

**On a side note- I was happy that it at least seemed friendly and some what personal (not as generic as some I have seen). I was also surprised that they said I can contact them any time (I secretly thought- I wonder if they know what they are getting themselves into...j/k I plan to email them every 2 months). The link had virtually no information- just says to give them 6 months to make a decision... Just wanted to share my experience. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mnj11 said:

Just checked the DS-260 on the CEAC site, status was "INCOMPLETE" and now I see the following :

image.png.5af9b7caf41abc643e8e5540de67f94a.png

Did anyone else have this issue ?

Call nvc now and they tell you what are you missing

20 minutes ago, Mnj11 said:

Just checked the DS-260 on the CEAC site, status was "INCOMPLETE" and now I see the following :

Oh I think that’s the new law right they have to provide their social media’s 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Queen1990 said:

Oh I think that’s the new law right they have to provide their social media’s 

11 hours ago, Mnj11 said:

Yes I saw that the DS-260 was being updated with asking for this information- but it is also asked on the DS-5535. Did you (Mnj11) have to complete the supplemental questions (DS-5535) after your interview? 

On 5/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, salhasl said:

You cannot do much at this point except wait. Most people here with iranian spouses have been waiting close to 1 yr and still dont have visas. Some are longer. At 6 months start contacting senators and house representatives for your domicile. Keep track of these communications.

Thanks, İ've been in touch with them already. They've been somewhat responsive. But its clear that no one can really tell what's going to happen because the Trump administration is dragging its feet on this. 

We're being told that its probably a year. So İ have to decide, should İ stay or should İ go.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/presidentialproclamation/Combined - Report on Implementation of PP 9645 December 07 2017 to March 31 2019.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0JE9FZpiDiej7gCWnlyuzlPykLAYSC5pvJRKqsGUrT305v0yNF34sgAZM

At the time PP 9645 came into effect, the Department of State determined that, until an automated enhanced screening and vetting
process could be put into place, applicants for visas subject to PP 9645 who are being considered for a waiver under Section 3(c) of
the Proclamation should undergo a post-interview interagency security review to resolve whether their entry would not pose a threat to
the national security or public safety. At present, much of the enhanced screening and vetting process is manual. Currently, there are
more than 12,000 PP 9645 cases undergoing this review as part of consideration for a waiver under the Proclamation.
Meanwhile, since the March 6, 2017 memorandum, the Department has been diligently working with interagency partners to
strengthen the automated screening and vetting process. We currently envision a procedure for PP 9645 cases that will include
enhanced automated front-end (pre-interview) screening to determine whether any additional review is required related to determine
whether the applicant has satisfied the national security and public safety waiver criterion. When fully operational later this fiscal
year, the new automated system should significantly increase the speed and efficiency of the vetting process for both current and
future waiver cases while maintaining all security standards.

Now that I have read this, it looks like there was only 1 waiver issued for IR1 or CR1 from Iran in Jan/Feb/March of 2019 (page 27 of document above). So this means the visa numbers where we see a 5 to 10 IR/CRs from the monthly reports from DOS were people put in AP prior to the ban. So it looks like its taking those people atleast 1.5 years (more likely more than 2 years) to get their visas. 

Until such time as the automated system they are refering to is not put in place, AP is more than likely 1.5 years or longer, quite possibly over 2 years.

Let me know if I am misreading this?

On 6/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, JessM28 said:

Yes I saw that the DS-260 was being updated with asking for this information- but it is also asked on the DS-5535. Did you (Mnj11) have to complete the supplemental questions (DS-5535) after your interview? 

No, we have emailed multiple times about it but they simply ignore our questions regarding the DS-5535.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.