2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Are you thinking of doing a WOM? Or are you saying just consulting with Pars Equality? Just curious because more and more people seem to be turning to WOM. 

Is it helpfull?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 5/28/2019 at 3:10 AM, Queen1990 said:

My sister and her family had their interview on May 2 in djibouti and it went to AP for a few days we were missing a simple paper we sent that in and it changed to transferring for a couple of days now it says refused. Did anyone have this happen to them? What does it mean? The counselor was very happy with my sister and said they were great

Is your sister and her family from a travel ban country? When my husband had his interview it went straight to refused until he turned in the ds-5535 form and then it went to Administrative processing. Did they say anything to your sister and her family about filling out ds-5535/supplemental questions? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mado1983 said:

Is it helpfull?

It can be- it forces the government to make a decision (although the decision can also be to deny the visa). There is a good video about it on Immigrants United. They usually recommend that you be in AP for at least 6 months or more before trying. It is also very expensive (like $8000-10,000). 

Timeline
Just now, JessM28 said:

It can be- it forces the government to make a decision (although the decision can also be to deny the visa). There is a good video about it on Immigrants United. They usually recommend that you be in AP for at least 6 months or more before trying. It is also very expensive (like $8000-10,000). 

Ita been 10 months now ... But i cannot afford this kind of mony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Is your sister and her family from a travel ban country? When my husband had his interview it went straight to refused until he turned in the ds-5535 form and then it went to Administrative processing. Did they say anything to your sister and her family about filling out ds-5535/supplemental questions? 

My fiance’s interview was in November and still says refused after the ds-5535 info was submitted, believe we are dealing with the same embassy as you. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, mado1983 said:

Ita been 10 months now ... But i cannot afford this kind of mony

Yes it is crazy expensive. You can try to call around to different lawyers- but that has been the ballpark that I have heard for most people. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Cm3957 said:

My fiance’s interview was in November and still says refused after the ds-5535 info was submitted, believe we are dealing with the same embassy as you. 

That is really strange. Have you contacted your member of Congress (or your fiancee's) and asked them to inquire on your behalf? I don't know why the same embassy would handle things so differently. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

That is really strange. Have you contacted your member of Congress (or your fiancee's) and asked them to inquire on your behalf? I don't know why the same embassy would handle things so differently. 

I did they were pretty clueless, Tim kaine's office. I will have to try that again. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Yes it is crazy expensive. You can try to call around to different lawyers- but that has been the ballpark that I have heard for most people. 

what is making me more crazy is that every lawyer asks for $100-$200 consultation fees :( they add up if you scout a few of them! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cm3957 said:

I did they were pretty clueless, Tim kaine's office. I will have to try that again. 

Did you try to ask to speak to their immigration person in the office? In Maryland they seem to have specific people assigned who know about immigration. Also you can check which other members of VA Congress that supported the NO BAN Act (see below) and try their offices as well: 

In addition to Senators Feinstein and Coons, the Senate bill is cosponsored by Senators Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), ####### Durbin (D-Ill.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Tim Kaine (D-Va.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Tina Smith (D-Minn.), Bob Casey (D-Penn.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.).

In the House, cosponsors include Representatives Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.), Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), André Carson (D-Ind.), Don Beyer (D-Va.), Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Max Rose (D-N.Y.), Adriano Espaillat (D-N.Y.), Jimmy Gomez (D-Calif.), Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.), Bobby Rush (D-Ill.), Tony Cardenas (D-Calif), Donna Shalala (D-Fla.), Lou Correa (D-Calif.), Adam Smith (D-Wash.), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Frank Pallone (D-N.J.), Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.), Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), Haley Stevens (D-Mich.), Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.), Grace Napolitano (D-Calif.), Kathleen Rice (D-N.Y.), Nydia Velazquez (D-N.Y.), Dan Kildee (D-Mich.), Mark DeSaulnier (D-Calif.), Suzan DelBene (D-Wash.), Mark Pocan (D-Wis.), Dwight Evans (D-Penn.), Brenda Lawrence (D-Mich.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), Andy Levin (D-Mich.), David Scott (D-Ga.), Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), Anthony Brown (D-Md.), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Tom Malinowski (D-N.J.), Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.), Jim McGovern (D-Mass.), Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Hank Johnson (D-Ga.), Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.), Grace Meng (D-N.Y.), Paul Tonko (D-N.Y.), Lori Trahan (D-Mass.), Joe Kennedy (D-Mass.), Seth Moulton (D-Mass.), Alma Adams (D-N.C.), Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-Calif.), John Lewis (D-Ga.), Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.), Albio Sires (D-N.J.), Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.), Al Green (D-Tex.), and Betty McCollum (D-Minn.).

@JessM28 yes she is from the travel ban country and they said she is not missing anything else that she just needs to wait 2-6 months for the waiver. I just wanted to know if it was normal for it to go to transfer then refused ?

1 hour ago, Cm3957 said:

We weren’t told to fill out a ds-5535 .. what is that for ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 hours ago, JessM28 said:

Are you thinking of doing a WOM? Or are you saying just consulting with Pars Equality? Just curious because more and more people seem to be turning to WOM. 

Just consulting with Pars Equality to begin with. I hope to learn how they helped him, and if they can help us.  Will let you know how it goes if interested. The consultation was a $60 fee fyi.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Timeline
1 minute ago, NJ515 said:

Just consulting with Pars Equality to begin with. I hope to learn how they helped him, and if they can help us.  Will let you know how it goes if interested. The consultation was a $60 fee fyi.

I actually met with one of their lawyers around 7 months ago. They are very nice and helpful. It does not seem they support WOM any time before one year of AP. 

I just contacted the lawyer via email and asked them about the fees for WOM and if they recommend it; the lawyer informed me that it is something I can pursue around July/August if I do not hear anything from the embassy! 

We did our interview the end of June last year. So we will see! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

I actually met with one of their lawyers around 7 months ago. They are very nice and helpful. It does not seem they support WOM any time before one year of AP. 

I just contacted the lawyer via email and asked them about the fees for WOM and if they recommend it; the lawyer informed me that it is something I can pursue around July/August if I do not hear anything from the embassy! 

We did our interview the end of June last year. So we will see! 

Thanks for the info about Pars.  I'll let you know if I gleam any additional info... 1 year!  October is so far away.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.