2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Another thing I forgot to mention! Social media. 

Social media it’s very important the more you have the better !like fb Instagram Twitter....! You have to put them all on your DS-5535  because it makes it easier for them to understand the person they are trying to get information about. They have so little to work with  because of our government so that’s their only way. Change the settings on your social media and  to public so they can search easily and freely. No one acts like a smart pants and delete their social media then replace it with a beautiful new one full of roses and mushy stuff ! That will just make them very suspicious! the older the better!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MohammedMohammedk said:

Another thing I forgot to mention! Social media. 

Social media it’s very important the more you have the better !like fb Instagram Twitter....! You have to put them all on your DS-5535  because it makes it easier for them to understand the person they are trying to get information about. They have so little to work with  because of our government so that’s their only way. Change the settings on your social media and  to public so they can search easily and freely. No one acts like a smart pants and delete their social media then replace it with a beautiful new one full of roses and mushy stuff ! That will just make them very suspicious! the older the better!

Maaan we done evrey thing we got nothing...

Timeline
1 minute ago, mado1983 said:

Maaan we done evrey thing we got nothing...

Well...... I only said what I experienced! I don’t know what else  to say. 

I’ve seen so many people getting  denied on the spot to be honest I don’t know how other embassies work but the one I was in there are 5 windows for the counselors  and chairs in front of it for the people waiting for their turn so we can see and hear everything! 

Most of them got denied because they were crush under the pressure they start saying weird stuff  sweating and shaking like crazy! Most of them  get so angry when they feel they are questioned  about their relationship with their wives like one counselor asked a guy did your wife had physical contact with you before the wedding? The guy answered HELL NOOOO are you crazy! Or another guy the counselor asked him how can you make sure that kid is yours ? The guy got so angry and told him I am not going to answer this stupid question?!!?!? 

Counselors are very Intelligent people they can read people very well they put the best because it’s their responsibility who gets in ! You  tell a small lie thinking wow I am very smart and they will never figure it out! Wrooooooooong! Just know one thing they never ask a question that they don’t know the answer already!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello, I have a question. I’m looking to reach out to my state representatives about our case, but i’m not sure if I should contact my state senator or house of representative member. Does it make a difference? Thanks in advance.  

2 hours ago, MohammedMohammedk said:

Alhamduallah!😄

A012CE02-0CA4-487E-B46C-6FFE5D6CBBD4.jpeg

Wow!!!! This is fabulous. Your travel ban ap completed in 2 months. This is unheard of!!!

Congratulations!!! 

Unfortunately you are an exception. I have not heard of anyone from any other country on the ban list come out of ap inside of a year without a medical exception. No iranians. I think i saw 1 syrian with 4 month AP.

Timeline
1 hour ago, salhasl said:

Wow!!!! This is fabulous. Your travel ban ap completed in 2 months. This is unheard of!!!

Congratulations!!! 

Unfortunately you are an exception. I have not heard of anyone from any other country on the ban list come out of ap inside of a year without a medical exception. No iranians. I think i saw 1 syrian with 4 month AP.

Actually it took only 7 days for my AP to complete then they called me back not 2 months and it took me 1 Month and 14 days   to get my visa printed because I went back to Yemen after the interview thinking I’ll be in AP for months because I believed negative unsourced  people! So when I dropped my passport my name was very far if I didn’t leave I would have got my visa sooner. 

Edited by MohammedMohammedk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Ramadan Mubarak to the Muslims here. May Allah accept our fasts & all of our duas during this blessed month. Allahuma Ameen 🌙 

F25B599B-978D-42F9-AF15-0F70209BD510.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
5 hours ago, foreverconfused said:

For those of you who have reached out to your state representatives, how long did it take them to contact you about your case? 

I'm from the 24th District in Texas, represented by Republican Kenny Marchant. His staff was very receptive to my inquiry. I did not fill out the forms but instead called first and had a candid conversation about our situation. They wrote an in-depth letter to the embassy we interviewed at, and we received a response from the embassy explaining the legal conditions they are forced to operate under in acquiring a PP9645 waiver. It was not the generic "currently in administrative processing" response typically received. The CEAC date did update after the embassy response. That was five months ago and nothing happened apparently. The total time from my speaking with his staff to them generating a pretty compelling letter and submitting it to the embassy was three business days.

I also submitted an inquiry through my Senator in Texas who is Republican John Cornyn. I received good feedback from his staff after speaking with them on the phone. They sent the standard inquiry to the embassy and we received the standard response back. Our CEAC date did update. The total time from my speaking with his staff to them submitting a letter to the embassy was two business days. 

I also submitted an inquiry through my Senator in Texas who is Republican Ted Cruz. His staff was extremely arrogant and told me that I didn't understand "anything." I don't know why I received that response as I was just as polite with them as with the others. They did not submit an inquiry to the embassy.

I suggest you call their office and ask to speak with someone who can help you engage the State Department instead of just filling out their online forms for assistance. I don't think it really does anything at all to move your case along... or maybe it does? No one really knows anything about this stuff.  Cheers.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.