2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mado1983 said:

why all this silence right here .... 

i hope someone got a good news 

Hi, no change in anything on our end.. we've been in AP only six months.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 12:04 AM, mado1983 said:

why all this silence right here .... 

i hope someone got a good news 

Well... I do😀! My interview was on the 17 of March I was put on an administrative process for 7 days then I got a call back to drop my passport at the embassy. 3 days later my status on NVC website changed from AP to  issued! By the way I am from Yemen. 

Edited by MohammedMohammedk

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MohammedMohammedk said:

Well... I do😀! My interview was on the 17 of March I was put on an administrative process for 7 days then I got a call back to drop my passport at the embassy. 3 days later my status on NVC website changed from AP to  issued! By the way I am from Yemen. 

Sounds too good to believe it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MohammedMohammedk said:

@MohammedMohammedk that's great to hear!  Congrats to your family.  Can you share any idea how you think it only took a week to get a waiver?  Thanks!

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Timeline
14 minutes ago, mado1983 said:

Sounds too good to believe it

My passport still with them because of the amount of people getting their passports so I have to wait till my name comes on the list. They do that because of people gather around the embassy and block the whole street and for other security matters so they email only 80 people per day to come and pick up their passports. My status keeps updating every time I email them and I email them 2 days ago so I can know when to pick up my passport so I can go back to my family in Yemen spend my last Ramadan with them and say goodbye. 

4D33DB22-315E-4AEE-A311-BD121BC03B98.jpeg

B3872C5B-31BC-499A-86A8-8D58467C8A18.jpeg

Edited by MohammedMohammedk

46 minutes ago, MohammedMohammedk said:

Do you happen to be a dual national? When you get your visa please please please come back here and tell us what is written under annotation. If you see exception under proclamation then it means you were never subject to ban. If it says presidential proclamation waived then it means this is very very good news atleast for yemenis in Djibouti that you are getting your ap cleared in 6 weeks.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, mado1983 said:

first im happy to evrey one reunite with his family ...

but 80 visas a day ????!!!!!  and for syrians 2 (CR or IR)  in a month ..... wooow wooooooow woooooooooooooow

I pray you are next I am not Syrian I am Yemeni 😄

Timeline
38 minutes ago, salhasl said:

Do you happen to be a dual national? When you get your visa please please please come back here and tell us what is written under annotation. If you see exception under proclamation then it means you were never subject to ban. If it says presidential proclamation waived then it means this is very very good news atleast for yemenis in Djibouti that you are getting your ap cleared in 6 weeks.

I am not a dual national I am only Yemeni 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NJ515 said:

@MohammedMohammedk that's great to hear!  Congrats to your family.  Can you share any idea how you think it only took a week to get a waiver?  Thanks!

Thank you so much inshallah all of you next! To be honest I was completely  prepared ! I had all my documents in order nothing was missing not even my DS-5535. 3 big albums full of pictures. I wore a formal white shirt only with a tie and a tinny shinny little shoes because I am 5.4 and a half! lol the half it’s very important!. when it was my turn  and I was in front of the counselor I most definitely was not ready for what will happen next! Not even in my wildest scenarios !  I got grilled like no tomorrow To the point I felt like the counselor hates my guts and he wants to choke me to death !he didn’t even answer me when I said good morning sir, Question after question insisting on interviewing me in my language Arabic! I didn’t give up though because my wife is a pure American lady so if I started speaking to him in Arabic even though hundreds of people advised me to do that he will be like” hmmmm I found an excuse to deny him! how in the world they communicate!” Hitting his computer and keyboard so hard once in a while then says it’s not you so relax it’s just this stupid computer! When he asks me and I reply he breathes  so heavy then repeats my answer to me ?! I say yes sir that’s correct then he says hmmmm is that so then types something ? Every time I answer his questions he made me feel like he is disappointed at my answers!More then 40 questions 20 something minutes of grilling  but one question got me the most !have I ever been in The United State of America!! and he kept asking me about it so many times !”when is the last time you were there ? A month ago 2 months.... “when I tell him I have never been there he says hmmmm so tell me for how many years you were living there? Finally I said sir I have never even smelled it! He got so frustrated then said” SO TELL ME HOW DO EXPLAIN YOUR ENGLISH THEN!? I’VE BEEN WORKING HERE FOR YEEEEEEAAAARRSSSS AND THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I HEAR SOMEONE SPEAKS ENGLISH THAT WELL! AND THAT’S NOT THE PROBLEM THE PROBLEM HERE YOUR ENGLISH AND ACCENT BETTER THEN MINE!!!!!!!” I told him I studied English and 4 years speaking with 

My wife helped a lot ! Thank you sir it means so much to me to get this testimony especially coming from you! At the end of the interview he  Said “ I am sorry to inform you that your visa application is refused under section 221 (g) and you can’t appeal this decision......) then he gave me a piece of white paper full of  reasons of refusal  and he must put an X on the reason why I am refused but he didn’t put anything he just wrote at the end of the paper 

administrative process

then took all my original documents ( birth certificate marriage certificate in both languages and police records)  42 wedding pictures and pictures with me her and my whole family then he told me you can go to your country if you want! because my interview was in Djibouti. 

I just smiled ear to ear and I said “ thank you so much sir it was my greatest pleasure to meet you I appreciate you giving me this chance “

Through out all the grilling and psychological war with me I didn’t even wink or sweat I kept my smile held my ground and I was so confidence like I was a 100% entitled to get a visa or it’s already mine! 7 days later I got a call back to drop my passport at the embassy! There’s no such thing called a waiver or a waiver package  it’s all up to you and the way you represent yourself the counselor didn’t find me to be a threat to the country and my marriage is real!

I hope this answers some of your questions 😄

Timeline
55 minutes ago, mado1983 said:

now its seems taken Yemenis less than sex week thats less time taking me to ask an inquiry thru my senator 🤣😂

Not all Yemeni people! Some of them been waiting for 6 months after the interview and they getting their visas now 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.