2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
10 hours ago, JennaL said:

Yes, that’s correct. I was just surprised because everyone that I know who is a former citizen of a banned country, included my fiancé who holds Norwegian/Iranian citizenship have been waiting months or years for their administrative processing  to complete for spousal/fiancé/visitors visas. 

I received the above article from my fiance’s cousin who is a Canadian/Iranian dual citizen. He has been traveling between Toronto and the US quite frequently with no visa required (unlike other dual citizens), with just his Canadian passport. 

It would seem that those who are originally from a banned country, but currently hold Canadian citizenship are not subject to the ban or extreme vetting when wishing to enter the US. 

Just curious as to why someone like my fiancé’s Iranian/Canadian cousin can enter the US, but my Iranian/Norwegian fiancé can’t. 

Of course I could be misunderstanding the article or maybe the article is not factual. 

From what I understand, P.P. 9645 gives special consideration to applicants from Canada.  It specifically mentions Canadian Permanent Residents as an example of someone eligible for a waiver. Also, the guidance issued to consular officers (attached) specifically mentions Canada and the special relationship the US has with it.

Q17: How do we apply the undue hardship standard to applicants who are Canadian permanent residents who are applying for a visa at a location within Canada?
A:
We have an overriding national interest in matters implicating our bilateral relationship with Canada. We also have an excellent information sharing relationship with Canada and have full faith in identifying information Canada provides. In light of this relationship, and given the longstanding and extensive travel by this category of applicants to the United States, any curtailment of their travel generally may be considered undue hardship.

I would say that's why he's having no issue crossing the border or getting a visa. I have friends in Europe who are dual citizens of Syria and Hungary since birth, and they can't travel to the US even on their Hungarian passport. During their B2 interview they were asked if they had been to Syria since 2011. Since they did travel there in 2012 to visit family, they were required to fill out the DS-5535 form for "extreme vetting."  They've been in AP for more than 9 months, and that's as full EU citizens. The travel ban didn't apply, but the bigotry still does. I suspect Canadians are exempt from the DS-5535 requirement.

18092140.pdf

Edited by NJ515

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

a complete month sence i contact my congressman office to send an inquiry in my behalf (( they are REP )) and nothing came back from them not a single replay or an answer .... i know they are not such help and i wasn't expecting much out of them but yet ignoring is bothering me the most.... and this is not the first time when i was waiting for my i-130 approval and it was beyond the normal time i contact my senator office and the ask me to signe a form witch i did and fax it back ... after more than a month when i called them to check out of my case the said they haven't got my fax witch i re-sure to them i sent it in the same day ... then the said (( OHHH THEY GOT IT IN THE D.C OFFICE !!!!!!!!!!! )) how come you fax a number and they get it in another office )) plus when i was speaking to her and what i need from her the first thing she said to me (( you know who is the president right now ))

things now its so much crappy while im trying to stay positive all the time..

any ideas ??:?  

Timeline

They are somehow useless. It is good to stay positive; but it is very important to be realistic too. 

No ideas or suggestions except pray things change and keep trying to push for change. 

It might not be a be idea to make a video and post it on the in-it mission. We need to all work together to combat this unjust ban! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
13 hours ago, NJ515 said:

From what I understand, P.P. 9645 gives special consideration to applicants from Canada.  It specifically mentions Canadian Permanent Residents as an example of someone eligible for a waiver. Also, the guidance issued to consular officers (attached) specifically mentions Canada and the special relationship the US has with it.

I would say that's why he's having no issue crossing the border or getting a visa. I have friends in Europe who are dual citizens of Syria and Hungary since birth, and they can't travel to the US even on their Hungarian passport. During their B2 interview they were asked if they had been to Syria since 2011. Since they did travel there in 2012 to visit family, they were required to fill out the DS-5535 form for "extreme vetting."  They've been in AP for more than 9 months, and that's as full EU citizens. The travel ban didn't apply, but the bigotry still does. I suspect Canadians are exempt from the DS-5535 requirement.

18092140.pdf

Thank you for looking into this further. Doesn’t seem quite fair, does it.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Timeline

again guys ... first i know they are not help at all .. but after one month i called the congress man office to see if theu contact the embassy in my behalf (( changing the phone number )) and see whats going on ... after  WHOLE MONTH SHE DIDNT NNOT NOT NOT EVEN SENT THE EMAIL ..............

CONGRESS MAN George Holding OFFICEEEEEEEEE .....................

Timeline
4 hours ago, mado1983 said:

again guys ... first i know they are not help at all .. but after one month i called the congress man office to see if theu contact the embassy in my behalf (( changing the phone number )) and see whats going on ... after  WHOLE MONTH SHE DIDNT NNOT NOT NOT EVEN SENT THE EMAIL ..............

CONGRESS MAN George Holding OFFICEEEEEEEEE .....................

@mado1983, yeah each office works different.  It sucks you're experiencing that. Please keep trying and eventually they will contact the embassy on your behalf.

Timeline
12 hours ago, mado1983 said:

ITS UNDERSTANDABLE IF THEY WORK DIFFERENT BUT THEY DONT WORK AT ALL 😂

Yes, this is frustrating for all of us. Keep us updated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

we have been waiting since April 2018.

this link is going to be shared with senators and representatives office, it's a good chance for all of you to tell about your circumstances by travel ban :

https://in-it.com/travelban

Edited by Melani

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ameen2019 said:

I had my I 130 petition approved last week . I just want to be a head and prepared for the interview.  My wife is Syrian who resides in Riyadh. How to prepare a waiver? Thank you

No need any weaver ahead.. They will ask you to fill the form at the interview

Filed: Timeline

Recently my case status changed  from  refused to adminstrative process. What caught my attention in the content is this part "

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. " Was wondering if the content is similar to everyone or different. Do they usually say several weeks or months?

20 minutes ago, Samer78 said:

Recently my case status changed  from  refused to adminstrative process. What caught my attention in the content is this part "

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. " Was wondering if the content is similar to everyone or different. Do they usually say several weeks or months?

I think it is the same for everyone.

It says it can take weeks

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Samer78 said:

Yes its 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.