Catherine36

Proof of ongoing relationship

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

None

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Catherine36 said:

Hello,

How many pages of screenshots of call logs/conversations did you include in your packets to show ongoing communication?

Thanks,

Catherine.

a couples of screenshots with dates on them. 3 from each month since you started communicating. no more than 3 pages. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I read quite a few people that say to just include a few intermittent call logs or texts but I would rather err on the side of caution and include more rather than less. If you include say 10 pages of call logs and five or six pages of sample text messages, what is the interviewer going to say? It's not like they can deny you because you provided too much proof of an ongoing relationship, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

We didn’t submit any of those, however, I did submit almost a year of phone bills that highlighted his #. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Boiler and Duffy,

How did it fair for you?

Alabamak1---my screenshots didnt come out like you describe...they are one per 8.5x11. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Luckycuds---98% of our communication is via whatsapp: calls/videos/texts. Succinctly/redacted, I have 94 pages of texts and 25 pages of call/video logs. For the texts, that first month of communication (and i did not include the entire month) was the crucial month that determined the course we're now on [together almost 16 months]...subsequent months I printed 2/3 pages per month until June 2018. Call log---from 6/17 -6/18. By the time I read about using call log as proof, 2 months have disappeared from record. I also posted previously about the # of pics from trips---from 6 trips, we have chosen 28.

Too much??? Chris&Ale's last sentence comforted me.

Nonetheless, thank you all for your input. We have one more week to make a final determination of what to include in packet. 

Catherine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well I am here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Catherine, if I understood your message above about screenshots, what you can do is to take the screenshots and paste them into a Word document (perhaps in Landscape mode) and then click and on the edge or corner of the screenshot to shrink it down. If it's nearly 100 pages, then perhaps I would pick the very first time you chatted, add in a few from the initial months and as the months approached the present day, increase the number of screenshots. Also, with a pot of pages, you may want to print double-sided to reduce thickness of documentation.

10 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Catherine, if I understood your message above about screenshots, what you can do is to take the screenshots and paste them into a Word document (perhaps in Landscape mode) and then click and on the edge or corner of the screenshot to shrink it down. If it's nearly 100 pages, then perhaps I would pick the very first time you chatted, add in a few from the initial months and as the months approached the present day, increase the number of screenshots. Also, with a pot of pages, you may want to print double-sided to reduce thickness of documentation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Catherine, I screen shotted* a few messages every month. Mostly of us talking about future plans and speaking about family and friends. I then printed the screen shots as pictures and used them as evidence. I used about 10 messages. 25 pictures of us and with family. I also included call logs and video chats. DR couple here too! Good luck

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Catherine36 said:

Boiler and Duffy,

How did it fair for you?

Alabamak1---my screenshots didnt come out like you describe...they are one per 8.5x11. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Luckycuds---98% of our communication is via whatsapp: calls/videos/texts. Succinctly/redacted, I have 94 pages of texts and 25 pages of call/video logs. For the texts, that first month of communication (and i did not include the entire month) was the crucial month that determined the course we're now on [together almost 16 months]...subsequent months I printed 2/3 pages per month until June 2018. Call log---from 6/17 -6/18. By the time I read about using call log as proof, 2 months have disappeared from record. I also posted previously about the # of pics from trips---from 6 trips, we have chosen 28.

Too much??? Chris&Ale's last sentence comforted me.

Nonetheless, thank you all for your input. We have one more week to make a final determination of what to include in packet. 

Catherine.

You are not seriously going to send more than 100 pages of texts and call logs, are you?  And 28 pictures?

Who do you think would waste their time looking at that stuff?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
14 hours ago, Catherine36 said:

Hello,

How many pages of screenshots of call logs/conversations did you include in your packets to show ongoing communication?

Thanks,

Catherine.

I sent maybe 6-10 pages. I doubt they really care too much at it. They're looking at the pictures, passport stamps, boarding passes, etc.

Anyone can type up ongoing communication and print it out, it's about the big overall picture. Quality not quantity

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

0. We got approved, had no problems. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Enough to prove longevity and increasing closeness/planning etc.. we provided about 5-6 pages representing 11 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.