893 posts in this topic

So, my final update.

Everything is finally complete. Physical green card is in hand. Social security number done. Even managed to get the US driving licence. I start my new job in 2 weeks.! thanks all for the great support but its finally all over!. 13 months from the day of the initial application. its now all in hand :)

it took about a month for the physical card to come through. and a week for the social sec

Edited by Stutters

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stutters said:

So, my final update.

Everything is finally complete. Physical green card is in hand. Social security number done. Even managed to get the US driving licence. I start my new job in 2 weeks.! thanks all for the great support but its finally all over!. 13 months from the day of the initial application. its now all in hand :)

it took about a month for the physical card to come through. and a week for the social sec

We still don't have green card...is there a different process for the social security card??

Timeline
Just now, Stutters said:

we kinda cheated - since we knew that if u tick the box on the nvc form it can take month. so we didn't tick it. I just went in there and they did it for me

Ohhhhhh ok...bummer, we ticked the box. But still it's been about 6 werks and no green card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Wanted to ask if anyone else had noticed that the Immigration Visa Application on CEAC doesn’t have a section for previous employment. I was expecting to see a section asking for all previous employment in the last 10 years, but didn’t see anything. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, were you asked about previous employment at a later point?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stutters said:

we kinda cheated - since we knew that if u tick the box on the nvc form it can take month. so we didn't tick it. I just went in there and they did it for me

Where did you go to get the green card?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stutters said:

On Saturday.3 weeks after landing in the US.

but we didn’t do it through the Nvc. We did it ourselves

How? Where did you go to get it? Not when.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Stutters said:

In the mail. Like everything else.

Did you have to do anything to get it in the mail? Or does it just arrive automatically?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

Did you have to do anything to get it in the mail? Or does it just arrive automatically?

I wish we would have known about this little trick because we just paid the fee online and checked the boxes to have the green card mailed to us, which can take up to 120 days. We assumed that was the right thing to do. We paid the fee about 6 weeks ago and still haven't received it...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stutters said:

ye, I only knew about it because I read a blog post somewhere - suggesting to do it that way. but really doesn't matter since the stamp is good for a year.

oh some offtopic advice music - get yourself an RFID wallet/purse since the card can be read by rfid reader.

Thanks, I didn't know about the rfid, and I don't know what the stanp means either. I just wish it would get her so my husband can work!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.