893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Thanks for this information. Just out of curiosity, how did you know it arrived (not entered, just arrived) at NVC? When I called, they basically said "we don't have it, call back in a few weeks". The USCIS online status page just says "Your case was approved". The letter in the mail did say it was going to be sent to NVC but it's been radio silence since then.

I started calling and happened to call a few days after it arrived!

Timeline
2 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

You have to call to find out the exact date they received it. They won't give you any confirmation unless u call. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks. I called NVC again and they still haven't even received the petition. The NVC person suggested reaching out to NVC research to find the petition since they should've at the very least received it now. I just sent them an email. I will call NVC and USCIS every Friday from here on out. Not great news 😐

57 minutes ago, Stutters said:

Visa approved! And visa in hand! Flights booked for next week. Finally done.

And you never filled out your timeline! Thanks for helping the community.

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

6 minutes ago, Stutters said:

I have posted many helpful topics of my journey and helped many members with questions. Don’t be so salty.

I am sweet and salty. Post history checks out. 

yeah right smile GIF by bubly

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stutters said:

Visa approved! And visa in hand! Flights booked for next week. Finally done.

Yay!!! Congratulations! We arrived in the US on Sunday 😊

1 hour ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

NOA2 arrived in the mail today!

PD: July 19th, 2018

NOA2: June 27th, 2019

Oh thank God!!!

I called USCIS and asked them what is the status of case and the conversation went like this

me: Could you please tell me the status of my case

Operator: Yes sure ... okay it looks like it NVC the National visa center

me: Oh thats great but I have not got an approval on the website or in the mail

Operator: Oh okay 

me: Can you tell me when they should mail that out...

Operator: I do not know for sure

me: okay can you tell me when it got approved please

Operator: I do not know but in order for us to know NVC would have to submit a request and then we would be able to see it... 

me: okay thank you.. Ill call NVC and check there

Do this seem weird to you... I have not received approval on the website or in the mail... Does this mean I am approved or not...

Should I call back tomorrow or in a week to give it time... I just confused ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, Celesta LeeAnn said:

How long does it take to mail your approval letter and to receive an email of approval?? The NOA2

We got the approval notice 5 days after it was approved. It's still not updated online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.