893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stutters said:

no. it could be staggered. they usually do those forms towards the end. so yes you could be waiting even longer

Thanks for the info and Congrats to you!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Stutters said:

no. it could be staggered. they usually do those forms towards the end. so yes you could be waiting even longer

Great news a double check and my AOS (tax docs) documents was accepted, maybeย they changed the way they do things, But we are definitelyย in the clear regardingย the AOS now just waiting forย review of resubmitting docs!! Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, TheJamess said:

Hi Everyone, on Wed 6/12, my husband and I received aย  message from the NVC stating that 3 of our documents were Rejected. 2 of them (his passport bio pageย and birth cert) they requested another or better scan and our marriage licence was rejected because part of the paper was cut off. I uploaded and resubmitted the request items today. Does anyone know how long does it take for the NVC to review resubmitted documents? also does the NVC request all rejected ย documents at once? I hope so, this is delay my honey love being here with me. I also wanted to let everyone know, when submitting scanned documents, be sure to have the entire forms and be sure that they are legible because the NVC is veeeerrryy ticky about everything!! If you dont the process could be delayed.

I had documents rejected because they were sideways (landscape orientation) instead of portrait orientation. I resubmitted immediately and then we got case complete 2 weeks after that

Timeline
13 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

I had documents rejected because they were sideways (landscape orientation) instead of portrait orientation. I resubmitted immediately and then we got case complete 2 weeks after that

Omg thatโ€™s great news to hear!! Thank u!! I will keep yโ€™all updatedย 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 6:15 AM, eve621 said:

Hi, may I know your service center? Thanks.

We got assigned to Texas Service Center--petition approval took seven months, with four months after that for NVC and consulate stages, total of 11 months from filing the petition to receiving the visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello everyone! Amย  uploading documents for NVC and feelย  like am drowning. My income is above poverty line, do I have to submit my offer later? FYI I can't find mine at this moment but I submitted my tax transcripts. Also how many pics max do I upload because am tired of uploading pics.ย  My husband's police report is taking more time than anticipated, how long is too long before we're penalized for submitting late?

Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 5:11 AM, carmel34 said:

I filed an I-130 petition for my husband in July of 2018. ย Todayย his CR-1 visa was approved so we're near the end of the long wait to finally live together. ย My husband and I arrived at the consulate in Rio de Janeiroย this morning, just before 7 am, for his 7:40 am appointment. ย At about 7:50 am my husband's name was called, to go to window 14 which is the one with a door that you close behind you when entering. I was more nervous than my husband was--we have a big age gap and my Portuguese is not great but he was very calm and confident. ย We had front-loaded and side-loaded with lots of relationship evidence. ย My husband was only asked a few questions in Portuguese by a very nice younger female American consulate officer. She asked him how we met, when we met, and how many times in person I had visited him in Brazil (8 times). I added, in Portuguese, that we had recently spent 11 days in Europe together, so a total of 9 trips together, plus the current one in Rio (7 days), so a total of ten face to face visits. The CO only asked me two questions, in English, my current profession, and how long I had been working in that field. After that she said everything was good, the visa was approved, and that it would arrive in about two weeks by courier service. The whole interview was maybe 5 minutes and we were doneย and approved. I couldn't believe how smoothly it went. We left the room and passed all the people waiting for their interviews after us and stepped out into the stairwell where we had one of the biggest hugs ever. I started to cry, and we walked out into the glorious warm sunshine of Rio in the morning of Brazilian Valentine's Day. Life is good! ย And good luck to all of you still waiting. ย Your day will come.

Beautiful...congrats!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Hello everyone! Amย  uploading documents for NVC and feelย  like am drowning. My income is above poverty line, do I have to submit my offer later? FYI I can't find mine at this moment but I submitted my tax transcripts. Also how many pics max do I upload because am tired of uploading pics.ย  My husband's police report is taking more time than anticipated, how long is too long before we're penalized for submitting late?

By offer do you mean an employment letter? I don't think you're penalized at all, I don't think there's a time frame to my knowledge anyway. As for pics I just made a collage of pics for our recent visit on an 8x10 and scanned that. I also sent pics with the original petition but again same type of thing. Hopefully its enough, now I'm getting nervous LOL! I don't have chat or call logs either. I feel like its overkill as we are married and they were too hard to obtain. This part of the process sucked!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Musicsaves said:

By offer do you mean an employment letter? I don't think you're penalized at all, I don't think there's a time frame to my knowledge anyway. As for pics I just made a collage of pics for our recent visit on an 8x10 and scanned that. I also sent pics with the original petition but again same type of thing. Hopefully its enough, now I'm getting nervous LOL! I don't have chat or call logs either. I feel like its overkill as we are married and they were too hard to obtain. This part of the process sucked!

Yes I meant employment letter, do I have to upload that too?. Will try the collage for pics

Timeline
44 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Yes I meant employment letter, do I have to upload that too?. Will try the collage for pics

I think only the transcripts are mandatiry, the employment letter is just further proof that you could bring to interview

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

I think only the transcripts are mandatiry, the employment letter is just further proof that you could bring to interview

ok thanks

Will scratch that.

The applicant's section where it says "photographs", does it mean passport photograph or his photographs with family?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
50 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

ok thanks

Will scratch that.

The applicant's section where it says "photographs", does it mean passport photograph or his photographs with family?

Passport size photoย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.