893 posts in this topic

Just now, carmel34 said:

Hang in there and be patient, as hard as it is...  Just when you least expect it, you will get an approval notice.  Ours came via email.  It feels great, but there are many more months of this crazy process to go!  And thanks for the congratulations!  We celebrated tonight on our nightly video call with champagne!

lol I was actually going to ask you about the champagne. If you don't mind me asking around what time did your email get delivered with the approval? I wonder if it's similar time for everyone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, CamilaRemolina said:

lol I was actually going to ask you about the champagne. If you don't mind me asking around what time did your email get delivered with the approval? I wonder if it's similar time for everyone?

We received a text message and email this morning at about 5 am Pacific Time, all it said was "action has been taken on your case," with instructions to check the UCSIS website.  When I signed in to our account, it said that the petition was approved, and that the written NOA2 would be sent via regular mail.  And the approval date was 2/21, which was yesterday, so maybe they send the electronic notices in the morning for the previous day's approvals?

Has anyone had an updated date for your case on the official website. My priority date is

July 18, 2018 and the website says that it was updated on February 2, 2019 (2/2/2019).

If so, when was yours last updated?  Also what does this exactly mean? 

220 days into my case waiting for it to be approved by USCIS and move to NVC stage...

Edited by Celesta LeeAnn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Celesta LeeAnn said:

Has anyone had an updated date for your case on the official website. My priority date is

July 18, 2018 and the website says that it was updated on February 2, 2019 (2/2/2019).

If so, when was yours last updated?  Also what does this exactly mean? 

220 days into my case waiting for it to be approved by USCIS and move to NVC stage...

I have priority date July 19th and mine was also updated on February 2nd. Nebraska service center. Don't know what it means, but thinking we are finally getting closer to being dealt with.

6 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I have priority date July 19th and mine was also updated on February 2nd. Nebraska service center. Don't know what it means, but thinking we are finally getting closer to being dealt with.

How do check if your case was updated or not?because when im checking online it only shows the date when they received my case.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Shahzoda said:

How do check if your case was updated or not?because when im checking online it only shows the date when they received my case.

It's on the old USCIS site: https://egov.uscis.gov

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

8 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I am not sure. It says the following on google," this is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your case." That is all I found out about it? It makes me wonder how long from that point will it take them to process the case? I am hoping to be in the States by May but I do not know if that will happen. I keep checking on it every three days just to see if it has changed. Nothing yet. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Congratulations!! Truly happy for you two! My NOA1 is only a weeks are your NOA1 so your post really made my day when I read it this morning. 

Edited by Ifemi4835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, carmel34 said:

We received a text message and email this morning at about 5 am Pacific Time, all it said was "action has been taken on your case," with instructions to check the UCSIS website.  When I signed in to our account, it said that the petition was approved, and that the written NOA2 would be sent via regular mail.  And the approval date was 2/21, which was yesterday, so maybe they send the electronic notices in the morning for the previous day's approvals?

Congrats on your approval!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Celesta LeeAnn said:

I am not sure. It says the following on google," this is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your case." That is all I found out about it? It makes me wonder how long from that point will it take them to process the case? I am hoping to be in the States by May but I do not know if that will happen. I keep checking on it every three days just to see if it has changed. Nothing yet. 

May seems really early to want to be in the US, especially if you haven't had approval of the petition yet at USCIS.  We just got our I-130 approved two days ago, and we are estimating 7 more months for the NVC and consulate abroad stages, if all goes well my husband may be here in the US by September or October.  Good luck!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Celesta LeeAnn said:

Maybe the petitions have been divided up on different employees? Who knows? Our cases have somehow been touched or looked at or sorted, but there's likely still months or so to wait for the NOA2, at least if your service center is the Nebraska service center. And then there's the entire process after that. If you fill in your timeline here on VisaJourney, they will give you an estimated date for when you will receive your NOA2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, carmel34 said:

My husband and I were notified today that our I-130 petition for his CR-1 visa was approved!!  Seven months from NOA1 to NOA2.  Now on to the NVC stage!  Based on everyone's experiences here on Visa Journey, we are estimating another 7 months total of waiting---for transferring the file to NVC (4 weeks), assigning a case number at NVC (8 weeks), 3 weeks to review uploaded documents via CEAC, sending the file to the Rio consulate (4 weeks), assigning an interview date (4 weeks), and 2 weeks following the interview to wait for delivery of the passport and visa.  So if all goes smoothly, 7 more months to visa in hand.  So we're half-way there, and VERY excited.  Hang in there July filers, your approval will be coming soon.

Congratulations crossing this part! Didn't realize its 7 more months after the approval, it sucks really!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.