893 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Thanks for responding promptly! Not really sure what to use, does birth of a baby qualify for emergency situation?

Sure!

As far as I've seen on this site, pregnancy/ birth does not qualify and will likely be denied by USCIS.  You can certainly try!  You can ask your congress person to try to write an expedite letter for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
8 hours ago, Stutters said:

So I called today with regards to my letter and they told

me exactly what it said. In 30 days it will be registered and they will request the asset forms and then send TO our consulate . The lady was very helpful. 

Not sure why some people are waiting 2 months. But the lady was very helpful .

what is the minimal asset amount you have to list? Does anyone know?

Let me know how it goes. Mine was approved 12/21, arrived at NVC 1/22, still no NVC case number. I call NVC once a week. Every person there says allow 8 weeks to be assigned case number. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, KJ2 said:

Sure!

As far as I've seen on this site, pregnancy/ birth does not qualify and will likely be denied by USCIS.  You can certainly try!  You can ask your congress person to try to write an expedite letter for you.

Thanks again, how do I contact my congress person? I really appreciate your help.

3 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Thanks again, how do I contact my congress person? I really appreciate your help.

Sure no problem at all!

I just went to their website, for my state at least, and submitted a contact request on their website.

For South Carolina (yours) I found this contact form similar to what I used for my state.

https://www.scott.senate.gov/constituent-services/help-with-a-federal-agency

You can contact him through that and ask for help with a USCIS expedite.  He should know what you mean since the congressmen/ women help with that often! Someone will reach out to you via phone or email and you will provide more info and sign a privacy waiver.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
13 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Sure no problem at all!

I just went to their website, for my state at least, and submitted a contact request on their website.

For South Carolina (yours) I found this contact form similar to what I used for my state.

https://www.scott.senate.gov/constituent-services/help-with-a-federal-agency

You can contact him through that and ask for help with a USCIS expedite.  He should know what you mean since the congressmen/ women help with that often! Someone will reach out to you via phone or email and you will provide more info and sign a privacy waiver.

What does it mean by agency and there's no address on where to mail it even though it says there's an address on the form, there's none. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Stutters said:

Hi all had a very interesting email today from the nvc.

my case has been moved from the nvc to the state department. Any idea why or what that means? 

I believe the state department  is the NVC so that's strange?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Musicsaves said:

I believe the state department  is the NVC so that's strange?

Yes the Dept. Of state is NVC. The email probably was from USCIS saying it has been yransferred to dept.of state, that's what mine said. And that's the part that can take 30 days for NVC to actually receive, which mine took a little less than 30 days. Then the NVC process begins...

19 hours ago, KJ2 said:

Yeah I did. 12/20 was my NOA2, Potomac

Congratulations but I'm so confused. My NOA1 was just two days after yours (Potomac as well) and I'm still waiting for my NOA2. Should I be worried?

53 minutes ago, saimohan said:

Congratulations but I'm so confused. My NOA1 was just two days after yours (Potomac as well) and I'm still waiting for my NOA2. Should I be worried?

No I wouldn’t worry, I’ve seen varying time frames between filers. You can call USCIS and talk to tier 2 and see if they can tell you if the case has been opened yet.  Also background checks take different amounts of time per person. 

Just now, KJ2 said:

No I wouldn’t worry, I’ve seen varying time frames between filers. You can call USCIS and talk to tier 2 and see if they can tell you if the case has been opened yet.  Also background checks take different amounts of time per person. 

Thank you for the reassurance and I advice. I'll try to call USCIS and see what they say, much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, saimohan said:

Thank you for the reassurance and I advice. I'll try to call USCIS and see what they say, much appreciated!

Sure, good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.