893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faithdiwirja said:

U guys really lucky at least. Texas seems like moving faster, while nebraska so slow. Super slow. Anyone here on nebraska service centre?

Please let me know.

NOA 1: july 5th

Nebraska. NOA1: July 24th

So we finally got a letter through from Texas. Took about 4 days to come through. They said that it will take 30 days from the data of the letter to get passed and processed by the NVC then it will be transferred to our counseluate in Switzerland.

they even stated if it takes longer that 30 days. We can Harras them to get it together

15 hours ago, Faithdiwirja said:

U guys really lucky at least. Texas seems like moving faster, while nebraska so slow. Super slow. Anyone here on nebraska service centre?

Please let me know.

NOA 1: july 5th

Hi there! 👋

Nebraska. PD: July 6th

So I called today with regards to my letter and they told

me exactly what it said. In 30 days it will be registered and they will request the asset forms and then send TO our consulate . The lady was very helpful. 

Not sure why some people are waiting 2 months. But the lady was very helpful .

what is the minimal asset amount you have to list? Does anyone know?

Just now, Faithdiwirja said:

U are luckier than us who is in nebraska. Just be patience. I now it is hard, but ur time will come. 

I know but it is not my first time applying for i130 ( they denied us and let us wait one year and a half to review the case )..it is my second time , im waiting my husband from 3 years and a half .. i cant be patient anymore 🙁 

5 minutes ago, Faithdiwirja said:

U are luckier than us who is in nebraska. Just be patience. I now it is hard, but ur time will come. 

Im stuck in this process from 3 yrs so you are luckier than me 😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stutters said:

So I called today with regards to my letter and they told

me exactly what it said. In 30 days it will be registered and they will request the asset forms and then send TO our consulate . The lady was very helpful. 

Not sure why some people are waiting 2 months. But the lady was very helpful .

what is the minimal asset amount you have to list? Does anyone know?

hey could you please made your timeline so that we can get any idea for ours case . thank you😊

1 hour ago, Faithdiwirja said:

Any updated news?

No, not quite.

We tried to expedite our case at the end of December, but that didn't work out. Now it's just about waiting. It's futile trying to talk to them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Elena95 said:

No, not quite.

We tried to expedite our case at the end of December, but that didn't work out. Now it's just about waiting. It's futile trying to talk to them.

Hi Elena! How come you were denied expedite if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to message me if you want. I am considering requesting this for financial hardship. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
5 hours ago, Elena95 said:

No, not quite.

Hi, can you pls tell me what you mean by expedite cos if its what I think it is, I want to expedite mine pls??

2 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Hi, can you pls tell me what you mean by expedite cos if its what I think it is, I want to expedite mine pls??

Expediting means that you submit proof of a reason to expedite your case thus making it go faster.  They'll either approve or deny it anywhere from a week to a month or so.  You can expedite at USCIS or at NVC.  USCIS has stricter guidelines and they stick to them for expedition criteria.

Here is the list:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Expediting means that you submit proof of a reason to expedite your case thus making it go faster.  They'll either approve or deny it anywhere from a week to a month or so.  You can expedite at USCIS or at NVC.  USCIS has stricter guidelines and they stick to them for expedition criteria.

Here is the list:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Good luck!

Thanks for responding promptly! Not really sure what to use, does birth of a baby qualify for emergency situation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.