<3T&M<3

I made a major mistake - please friends guide me

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

That’s not considered applying for a visa. Unless they actually applied for a visa through US government website or at the embassy where they are located that is not a visa. Have they never been to the US before their whole lives? You need to be sure of that before saying they didn’t apply for a visa. Never on a vacation or anything? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Here is a sample of DS160. 

"Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa"

So on this question would I have to say yes? Because you all said that he technically didn't apply 

IMG_4131.PNG

"No" is the answer

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

8 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

But don't we still have to say he did this? That's what I'm afraid of

I would tell them about this.  If they somehow happen to see that he applied for something and you don't mention it that could be lying by omission.  He can explain that it was likely a scam and he never was selected...  Good luck and God Bless, david 

Filed: Timeline
43 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

I would tell them about this.  If they somehow happen to see that he applied for something and you don't mention it that could be lying by omission.  He can explain that it was likely a scam and he never was selected...  Good luck and God Bless, david 

It is never a good idea to volunteer unsolicited information. It ends up doing more harm than good in the long run. The first unwritten rule regarding immigration is to never lie. Next in line is to not volunteer unsolicited information.  

If they ask if OP has ever played the visa lottery, the obvious response would be yes, even though he was never selected. 

Just now, Sm1smom said:

It is never a good idea to volunteer unsolicited information. It ends up doing more harm than good in the long run. The first unwritten rule regarding immigration is to never lie. Next in line is to not volunteer unsolicited information.  

If they ask if OP has ever played the visa lottery, the obvious response would be yes, even though he was never selected. 

Yeah, and I'm sure CO's pretend to not know about certain things and see if the applicant "LIES BY OMISSION".  If he did play this lottery game/scam and never applied for a visa he has nothing to fear.  Lying, however, can ruin the whole process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s not considered applying for a visa. Unless they actually applied for a visa through US government website or at the embassy where they are located that is not a visa. Have they never been to the US before their whole lives? You need to be sure of that before saying they didn’t apply for a visa. Never on a vacation or anything? 

No no , never. The only thing he remembers about this website is that it was a click bait on Facebook, he followed, paid 70 Lira and then never heard a thing.

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
55 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

Thanks, at this point I'm just wondering what the correct response should be on form Ds160: yes or no. 

We do not want to lie. If asked anything at all he will not lie, of course.

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Oh god.... so I'm still in Turkey with my honey. I have 4 nights left. I've been here almost 6 weeks 😍

Disaster strikes!!!

First, When filling out our petition I said that my fiancé has never applied for a U.S. visa.

Well, we were going over some paperwork together and we came across some sample questions for interview time. Reading them together, one was "has the beneficiary ever applied for a U.S. visa.?" Apparently About 8 or 9 years ago some friends and him applied for the lottery or workers "green card" - whatever it was - while they were in some cyber cafe.  He paid money. He never knew the outcome and thinks it was fake but there is no way we want to take that chance with our government. I don't want them to think I am in the dark about this or that we are trying to lie.

I took responsibility for pretty much the ENTIRE petition and I NEVER even asked him that question. I just assumed it was a no so I marked no!

I feel like such a dumb@$$$ 😣

Please, I don't know what to do. We in no way want to lie.

How bad is this?!

What should we do!

T&M

I just realized I think I did the same thing. My fiance applied with his ex wife for the CR1. And then removed their case and ended up getting divorced. 😬

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Oh god.... so I'm still in Turkey with my honey. I have 4 nights left. I've been here almost 6 weeks 😍

Disaster strikes!!!

First, When filling out our petition I said that my fiancé has never applied for a U.S. visa.

Well, we were going over some paperwork together and we came across some sample questions for interview time. Reading them together, one was "has the beneficiary ever applied for a U.S. visa.?" Apparently About 8 or 9 years ago some friends and him applied for the lottery or workers "green card" - whatever it was - while they were in some cyber cafe.  He paid money. He never knew the outcome and thinks it was fake but there is no way we want to take that chance with our government. I don't want them to think I am in the dark about this or that we are trying to lie.

I took responsibility for pretty much the ENTIRE petition and I NEVER even asked him that question. I just assumed it was a no so I marked no!

I feel like such a dumb@$$$ 😣

Please, I don't know what to do. We in no way want to lie.

How bad is this?!

What should we do!

T&M

What question is this on the application? I dont see this

1 hour ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Thanks, at this point I'm just wondering what the correct response should be on form Ds160: yes or no. 

We do not want to lie. If asked anything at all he will not lie, of course.

Your SO needs to think back exactly what it was that he did.  Did he fill out an APPLICATION for a US visa?  Or was it simply a scammer promising pie in the sky? 

@<3T&M<3 now I am worried about the same. My fiancé applied for a student visa some 20-25 yrs ago & got denied. But I don’t remember this question being asked on a K1 application except for if he was ever in US? Now your post reminded me the same. So I’m not sure what to do now. Please keep me updated of what you decide to do. 

Edited by ujones

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it does not cost to apply DV lottery 

scammners take money from those who do not know to do the application (which never happens)

i would not worry 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

No no , never. The only thing he remembers about this website is that it was a click bait on Facebook, he followed, paid 70 Lira and then never heard a thing.

That’s not applying for a visa. No offense but that’s falling for a scam. 

1 hour ago, ujones said:

@<3T&M<3 now I am worried about the same. My fiancé applied for a student visa some 20-25 yrs ago & got denied. But I don’t remember this question being asked on a K1 application except for if he was ever in US? Now your post reminded me the same. So I’m not sure what to do now. Please keep me updated of what you decide to do. 

The question is there. You probably don’t remember it. It’s on the ds-160. 

26 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

26 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Ok , feel better now as I haven’t reached there yet if the question is on DS-160. That’s why I never saw it 

Edited by ujones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.