dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
18 hours ago, Tristan1978 said:

My attorney told me he would email me the copies of the I-864 to take to the embassy in London, I would double check your embassy as it may be different in your country. 

I will double check thanks lot for your reply much appreciated.

31 minutes ago, bok05 said:

why my status in ceac stated that submit requested documents but we already submitted all the documents?

It will stay like that until your cc. Once your case completed it will change to at Nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is a bomb sis and I feel honoured... I can't wait to see you too and again can't wait to celebrate with you on Aug 28th.

Guess what,i have already bought my dancing shoes.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rigo said:

Hi someone knows about the time for a case with priority date in 26/July/2017 is electronic case in bs as y got the nvc number just today after 4 months in a bad consulate, they confuse and put me in electronic sistem in ciudad Juárez, now they change me and move to Buenos Aires, how long should take?

Within 2months if you already have all fees and documents ready since the USEM in Argentina is not too busy.

Speedy NVC process to you..!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Awww I know the feeling, congratulations!

The feeling is unexplainable sis.

Let's see how the visa approval will also feel like. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 1:04 AM, Bmc&Cah said:

hola!

Case & invoice numbers August 1,18

We only did the agent step, the payment of $120.00 and waiting to pay bill IV. We don't know how long it will take to pay the $325.00... My friend case was completed on June 27th and her interview is tomorrow in Colombia. 

Good luck!

Wow your friend got her interview pretty fast

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/7/2018 at 6:34 PM, Washington123 said:

I am also sending the same documents lie you did. I also sent the W2 as well. That means we have to file the tax before the interview? Actually I am waiting for my wife to come to the US and get a SSN so that I can file as a "married".

It seemed that they wanted me to file before the interview. It wasn’t an issue because I had filed by that point anyways. I file as married filing separately. 

On 8/7/2018 at 9:52 PM, deema-alawwad said:

that’s good i have cc on Friday how many days to get date of interview? 

It took us only about a week to get one scheduled, but I think it’s kind of luck of the draw of what time of the month you got your CC vs. what time of the month they’re scheduling interviews. Keep in mind they will be closed some in September for the holidays as well, but they’re actually closed less than most companies, so hopefully it won’t affect the scheduling much. Good luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ayah117 said:

Wow your friend got her interview pretty fast

Yes she was very lucky! only 6 days after her case was completed, she had an interview date which was yesterday!. Usually in Colombia interviews are assign only in 1 month 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Kat&Damian said:

Soo happy i just called NVC and i got a CC!!!!!! God is good❤ Now on to the next step ❤❤🙏 I was in tears when they said your case is now completed!!!! 😍 

Congratulations!!! When did you submit all your documents??? I submitted everything on 2nd August. How wondering if it's around the same time. I'm still waiting anxiously for mine

5 hours ago, Bmc&Cah said:

Yes she was very lucky! only 6 days after her case was completed, she had an interview date which was yesterday!. Usually in Colombia interviews are assign only in 1 month 

I hope you get yours fast took❤

9 hours ago, Keeley said:

If you visit the NVC website at the following link and expand the "Complete an Affidavit of Support Form" section, you'll find guidelines for which form you should use based on your situation: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Washington123 said:

How do you do that without your spouse's social security number or an ITIN number? I use online software like TurboTax which does not let me proceed without my wife's SSN or ITIN. I suppose you can paper file with tax professionals who will enter some "placeholder" SSN/ITIN? If I can file online without my wife's SSN, I would do it right now. I would appreciate if you could describe the step by step process since you seem to be knowledgeable  about it.

I did applied my wife's ITIN. 

16 hours ago, Washington123 said:

I had talked to an IRS official over the phone but they said the person applying for the ITIN should be physically present while applying for ITIN. Since my wife is not in the US yet, I had no option but to wait for her arrival. Can you apply for the ITIN on your spouse's behalf if you have a certified copy of foreign passport? What exactly does it mean by certified copy? who needs to certify it?

US embassy (Where your wife lives) will certify a copy of passport. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Abies said:

This is a bomb sis and I feel honoured... I can't wait to see you too and again can't wait to celebrate with you on Aug 28th.

hello Abies dear gdday, how far have you gone with your medicals, what does it really entails and cost .thanks dear and all the best in your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, Abies said:

Nice, mine is already cleaned and just waiting for September 4 💃💃😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.