dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Aadhi said:

Hey, So you have two options Married filing separate and Married filing jointly - if filing jointly you will need ITIN number and if filing separate you won't need it now but you do in future in both the case you will have to paper file there is no e-filing option for this. 

However i am having trouble establishing proof for ITIN application but if your spouse is living in usa or if you can obtain a certified copy of foreign passport it should be fairly easy.

I had talked to an IRS official over the phone but they said the person applying for the ITIN should be physically present while applying for ITIN. Since my wife is not in the US yet, I had no option but to wait for her arrival. Can you apply for the ITIN on your spouse's behalf if you have a certified copy of foreign passport? What exactly does it mean by certified copy? who needs to certify it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

Have you been able to pay the fees now?if so congrats but if not keeping trying or call nvc,unlike when Nigeria use to be non pivot,you could have just called NVC to review your ds261 with you over the phone.

Yes we've paid all the fees. Waiting for them to be processed.

Timeline
Just now, Oritneye said:

Yes we've paid all the fees. Waiting for them to be processed.

Alright then..

Speedy NVC process to you

Timeline
4 minutes ago, dshah1992 said:

How long does it take to receive CC email once the status on ceac changes to at NVC?

If you don't get scheduled for an interview right away,it takes 5- 7days to get the CC confirmation email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Soo happy i just called NVC and i got a CC!!!!!! God is good❤ Now on to the next step ❤❤🙏 I was in tears when they said your case is now completed!!!! 😍 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Washington123 said:

I had talked to an IRS official over the phone but they said the person applying for the ITIN should be physically present while applying for ITIN. Since my wife is not in the US yet, I had no option but to wait for her arrival. Can you apply for the ITIN on your spouse's behalf if you have a certified copy of foreign passport? What exactly does it mean by certified copy? who needs to certify it?

You should be able to, if you can obtain a certified copy of passport which is issued by the agency that also issued your wife's passport. There is also other option depending on the country your wife lives there are authorized IRS acceptance agents who can certify the passport if there is an authorized centre in your wife's current place.

See this link - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/acceptance-agent-program

I was not familiar with this and my ITIN was rejected since there wasn't one acceptance agent where my wife lives . I would suggest filing separate you might see a difference in the return but its better than to deal with ITIN , and go with an tax professional if you can (make sure they know your situation before you choose to file with them) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rameda said:

@Abies@Saaniya@Kashika

Case completed today yayay...just confirmed by calling NVC

Mailed in package July 16, 2018

DS 260 Submited Aug 1, 2018

CC Aug 8, 2018

SEE! Told ya ;) congrats 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kat&Damian said:

Soo happy i just called NVC and i got a CC!!!!!! God is good❤ Now on to the next step ❤❤🙏 I was in tears when they said your case is now completed!!!! 😍 

Wow.. Congratulations dear.

Now on to the last phase of this long journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Abies said:

Wow.. Congratulations dear.

Now on to the last phase of this long journey 

Thank you so much!!Yes!!! Hopefully the Guayaquil consulate is not to busy and we can still get an interview for September 😍

Timeline
Just now, Kat&Damian said:

Thank you so much!!Yes!!! Hopefully the Guayaquil consulate is not to busy and we can still get an interview for September 😍

Yes.. I pray so

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Kat&Damian said:

Congrats.

When did you file your DS and IV forms?

ry8wm8.png........oSDDm8.png ke7wm7.png

My wife's journey:

============================================= USCIS ==============================================

12/15/2017 (Friday) I-130 & I-130A were sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox by FedEx (overnight)

12/16/2017 (Saturday) I-130 & I-130A were delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox (signed by J. Lopez)

12/18/2017 (Monday) PRIORITY DATE

12/20/2017 (Wednesday) Received text and email that my case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Texas Service Center for processing

12/21/2017 (Thursday) Check was cashed. NOA-1 (I-797C) was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

12/26/2017 (Tuesday) NOA-1 (I-797C) was received.

06/07/2018 (Thursday) NOA-2 was APPROVED. 172 days.

06/11/2018 (Monday) NOA-2 was delivered by USPS to my home address.

06/22/2018 (Friday) Our case was sent to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing (NVC)

============================================= NVC ==============================================

07/27/2018 (Friday) NVC welcome letter with Case number and Invoice ID number was received by email. (51 days from NOA 2 and 225 days total)

07/27/2018-07/31/2018 NVC website was down

07/31/2018 Fees paid.

08/08/2018 ALL forms and documents were submitted (uploaded) to NVC website.

08/14/2018 CASE COMPLETED (DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED)

09/19/2018 Got email with VISA INTERVIEW DATE

My journey:

02/01/2016 N-400 Filing Date (Sent package via UPS).

02/04/2016 N-400 package was delivered (signed by Adriana) to Phoenix, AZ (USCIS Lockbox). PRIORITY DATE

02/18/2016 Fee waiver was approved. NOTICE DATE

02/19/2016 Received text and email from USCIS (NOA).

02/22/2016 I-797C (NOA) letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

02/25/2016 I-797C (NOA) received by regular mail (USPS).

02/27/2016 NOTICE DATE for Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment.

03/02/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

03/05/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was delivered to me.

03/07/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) (early walk-in).

03/10/2016 In Line (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/04/2016 "Interview was scheduled" email (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/05/2016 Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS. NOTICE DATE.

05/10/2016 Interview letter was delivered to me.

06/08/2016 Interview.

06/08/2016 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (hand given right after the Interview).

06/16/2016 Oath Ceremony.

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!!!!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.