dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, boro said:

I guess you can send W2 plus IRS rejection letter for ITIN. I would rather call IRS and complete the overall tax process. 

Sending in rejection letter might cause more trouble ? I would love to fix this with IRS but without able to get a certified copy or original passport I’m not sure at this point this whole process is draining the energy out and gets me worried !

i guess they amend and still show that I’m married ? And hopefully get something before the NVC process starts 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Any Case Numbers, any CCs, any interview dates..good news? Anyone :P? 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, valentinasc said:

Any Case Numbers, any CCs, any interview dates..good news? Anyone :P? 

hola!

Case & invoice numbers August 1,18

We only did the agent step, the payment of $120.00 and waiting to pay bill IV. We don't know how long it will take to pay the $325.00... My friend case was completed on June 27th and her interview is tomorrow in Colombia. 

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 8/4/2018 at 1:49 AM, Elrona said:

Just a question regarding filling in DS-260. My present address is in New Zealand (because of work), but I don't have residency here and its just temporary (I will leave in October). My official residency is still in Estonia, with my interview taking place there etc. I'm just afraid that when I write that my present address is in New Zealand then for whatever reason they want to change embassy etc also to New Zealand.

And with the rest of addresses, does anyone know what is meant as "established a residence"? 2016 I spent a year in New Zealand and changed my place of living every 3-4 months. Not sure if I have to include all or not.  

I didn't see any answers to your second question in the rest of the thread so I thought I'd answer in case you still need it. The online form doesn't let you leave gaps of a month or more in your address history, so for any extended period of travel (we did a working holiday in NZ too) I put VARIOUS under street and city and then listed the country. On our original petition to USCIS when it asked for last five years' work history I also included an explanation of the short-term nature of our jobs in NZ and that we moved around constantly.

As to your first question, I honestly don't know. I think I would put your official address in Estonia. But I don't know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Case numbers received today August 07 

Nvc received our cases June 18

we are so happy and can't wait to do everything so we can get a cc really fast. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Bmc&Cah said:

hola!

Case & invoice numbers August 1,18

We only did the agent step, the payment of $120.00 and waiting to pay bill IV. We don't know how long it will take to pay the $325.00... My friend case was completed on June 27th and her interview is tomorrow in Colombia. 

Good luck!

Hola!! And nice!! I actually had the two fees ready to be paid at the same time so I wouldn’t know how long it takes for the other one to unlock. I know someone who’s interview is coming up on the 22nd of this month. Are you located in Bogota?

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, valentinasc said:

Hola!! And nice!! I actually had the two fees ready to be paid at the same time so I wouldn’t know how long it takes for the other one to unlock. I know someone who’s interview is coming up on the 22nd of this month. Are you located in Bogota?

Hola! 

No,  I am in Boston and my husband in Medellin. His son is doing the petition for him (IR5). I hope we can have cc this month and then interview at the end of September or first week of October. What I know so far...US embassy  in Bogota is really good assigning interview. Let's see!!! Good luck in your process.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bmc&Cah said:

Hola! 

No,  I am in Boston and my husband in Medellin. His son is doing the petition for him (IR5). I hope we can have cc this month and then interview at the end of September or first week of October. What I know so far...US embassy  in Bogota is really good assigning interview. Let's see!!! Good luck in your process.

Alright that’s good to know, thank you for the heads up :) good luck to you too x

Edited by valentinasc

3 hours ago, Oritneye said:

Case numbers received today August 07 

Nvc received our cases June 18

we are so happy and can't wait to do everything so we can get a cc really fast. 

Congrats! Did you call to get your case number or did you receive the welcome letter/email?

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello all and sorry if this has already been asked here before, my file from USCIS is received by NVC on 02-Aug-2018, they said just received but no yet put it into the system. this meant, they will keep till case number is assigned ? thanks 

56 minutes ago, Mara0899 said:

Hello all and sorry if this has already been asked here before, my file from USCIS is received by NVC on 02-Aug-2018, they said just received but no yet put it into the system. this meant, they will keep till case number is assigned ? thanks 

That's right. According to NVC, it can take up to 8 weeks to assign a case number (which is the same as putting it into their system). You can keep calling to check periodically if you like, though, because some people have been getting them sooner. For others, it can take the full 8 weeks, though. Good luck!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Keeley said:

That's right. According to NVC, it can take up to 8 weeks to assign a case number (which is the same as putting it into their system). You can keep calling to check periodically if you like, though, because some people have been getting them sooner. For others, it can take the full 8 weeks, though. Good luck!

thank you for replied, my US wife just call and they said please wait up 4-6week. hope to get good news sooner, we will still keep calling them. :) 

The NVC said they received the AOS and civil documents packet 8/2. The guy at the NVC said to call back at 2 weeks... 

I get confused on what I do and when. Am I supposed to be calling daily at this point? Waiting for an email? Checking the website? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.