dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, boro said:

Hi everyone,

My case was sent to Department of state (NVC) on 2nd of August. Any ideas when it will be received by NVC so that I can start counting my 8 weeks timeline for IV/Case number. 

Our took 7 days from USCIS to NVC and 7 weeks and 5 days for a case & invoice number. You start counting the 8 weeks once you know  the date your case arrived at NVC 

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, MJ4477 said:

For my joint sponsor, if they cannot get their tax transcript would the tax return and W2 be acceptable or will this cause problem at the interview? 

Tax return in place of tax transcript is fine as well as your w2.

Best wishes 

Timeline
1 hour ago, bok05 said:

hello guys!!how many days the case will be completed after all the documents sent to nvc?

Within 3weeks

41 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

how many days to get interview schedule ? Jerusalem embassy  

Depends on the availability of slots your embassy has and sends to the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
23 hours ago, dshah1992 said:

I called NVC this morning and they confirmed that we got CC on August 3rd.

When did you scan your documents? How long did it take for you to get cc? Is your case pivot?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

Hi guys I need help I am really confused I paid my invoice fees on friday whenever I check my status online on my phone is asking me to do ds260 when I check it on my computer is showing that payment is in process which one is right??

Screenshot_20180807-043120.png

Call the NVC 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/3/2018 at 11:15 PM, Washington123 said:

Hello,

I did not file my tax for last year but I did file for an extension. I intend to send the extension confirmation for 2017 as well as tax transcripts for 2015 and 2016. Will it cause any problem? Any body has experience sending the extension confirmation?

Delayed response, but I also filed an extension for 2017 (we do have a co-sponsor), and I just provided the extension approval + the transcripts for the two previous years. It was fine, but they asked that we bring the 2017 return + W2 to the interview, so be prepared for that possibility. There are some threads on this topic if you search for them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.