dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Munak said:

Hey I am very happy for you since you got your welcome letter after long as wait did you got it after seven weeks and five days because Saturday will be seven weeks and five days for me I think nvc is close on weekends hoping youyou fast cc?

hi!

This morning August 2, 18 my husband received the welcome letter (dated August 1,18) via email  with the case and invoice numbers. Exactly 7 weeks and 5 days!!!  you should received yours very soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kat&Damian said:

I am also hoping by next weekend too!! 😊😊 thank you so much Abies❤

You are welcome sis. Your embassy don't seem to be a very busy tho.

Best wishes.

5 hours ago,  Kevin  said:

I heard some people had the same issue as yours. If they told you they sent to a supervisor, you should get your case & invoice number within a week, don't worried. I think you should call them daily, hope they could assist you earlier. 

11 hours ago, Abies said:

It's way too much.

I know but didnt have any choice and I didn't want to take any risk for missing any documents my brother in law helhel me pay eight hundred money is nothing if this journey finally end i would feel relief forget about three thousand

Timeline
12 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

I know but didnt have any choice and I didn't want to take any risk for missing any documents my brother in law helhel me pay eight hundred money is nothing if this journey finally end i would feel relief forget about three thousand

I understand.. Best wishes

Timeline
3 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

Same goes here for you sis thnks does nvc send welcome letter on weekends?

Yes.. It depends on when nvc generated the email. For us,NVC generated our interview letter 7/30 but we both received it 7/31.

So if your welcome letter was generated on a friday,there's a possibility that you will receive the welcome letter via email on a saturday BUT NVC is closed by weekends. 

Edited by Abies

22 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yes.. It depends on when nvc generated the email. For us,NVC generated our interview letter 7/30 but we both received it 7/31.

So if your welcome letter was generated on a friday,there's a possibility that you will receive the welcome letter via email on a saturday BUT NVC is closed by weekends. 

Yours was generated on monday not saturday though since we have visa who got welcome letter on their seven weeks and five days Saturday will be seven weeks and five days for me thats what I mean if it generated on friday would I get by mail on Saturday?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

We had some rather last minute work changes after getting our case number so we had to postpone paying IV and AOS fees but got it finally done some days ago. I'm very excited to get back on the track with the whole GC process.

Timeline
1 hour ago, deema-alawwad said:

i got email from NVC i thought its about cc because i saw aos line disappear but they siad about missing docs again ! they need w-2 

so i have to wait interview date and take w-2 to the interview right ? 

nvc.jpg

nvc1.jpg

Yes.. you will need to present the missing document to your consular officer at the time of your visa interview 

Edited by Abies

3 hours ago, Abies said:

Abies when is the best time to call nvc about case number in the morning mostly rude agent answer the phone?

Timeline
1 hour ago, happilyvisa said:

Abies when is the best time to call nvc about case number in the morning mostly rude agent answer the phone?

Just talk to them nicely and you will get your answers,two times I have called nvc it’s a male that takes my calls though a bit rude but I didn’t just mind him I have to do my thing and ask my questions and chill off my mind 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, deema-alawwad said:

i got email from NVC i thought its about cc because i saw aos line disappear but they siad about missing docs again ! they need w-2 

so i have to wait interview date and take w-2 to the interview right ? 

nvc.jpg

nvc1.jpg

When did you mail your documents?

At least they’re telling you to bring missing documents at the day of interview, while you’ll still get assigned an interview date ! I’ve seen some people that had to mail missing documents and wait for nvc to get back to them again 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.